Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Drove an xB this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member

Default Drove an xB this weekend

I liked driving it very much. What is surprising is that a car so small has so much room on the inside. I sat in the back seat and I fit great, not cramped at all. I am 6'1" 255lbs. Front seat area plenty of room as well. Tons of headroom in that thing, plenty of shoulder room and legroom.

I like the acceleration. Not fast by any means but not anemic like i thought it would be. Enough power to get around in everyday driving. I am currently driving a Lancer Ralliart w/ 2.4 162hp & 162ft-lbs tq.

The handling felt great, but i didn't put it through the wringer really. The car was completely stock.

I like the overall shape of the body too. I know most people who don't own one think its ugly, hideous, etc. My mom test drove it with me and she didn't like the way it looks either but her mind changed after she drove one. To me it really stands out. Different is better in my mind.

I am pretty much sold on getting a Scion. xA or xB I haven't totally made up my mind yet. I owe too much on the Ralliart and I've only had it for a year. Hopefully they will be around next summer.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I think you have to get an xA because of your name.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i only test drove mine once, came back and bought it the very next day!
mainly because my S-10 was breaking down on me, got a cheap fix on it and got rid of it while I could ; and I'd been researching the xB online for months... but only one test drive and I was sold!
Old 08-30-2005, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I test-drove an xB in August 2004. Decided immediately I wanted one, but DW was right when she said we didn't need to replace the '96 Caravan just yet.

A year later she totalled the thing, and we ordered our xB the next day. (She was unhurt.)

Never has anyone been so grateful to his wife for totalling a car!

So go buy it already!

RichC
Old 08-30-2005, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, yes. xB is good. The only bad part is, while setting in side makes you think its so big, then you look for it in a parking lot & it still hides
Old 08-30-2005, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i drove one two weeks ago and was really impressed. i've been looking for a way of saving money, and ditching my current car is a big one. i didn't even give the xB a look until i realized it could save me over $1300 a year just in car payments and gas.
i think the style grows on you. i didn't care for them much when they first came out, but i thought at least they look interesting. after test driving one and learning about all the standard features, i'm sold. even with the lack of power, i found it very satisfying to drive.
i've done a lot of research over the past two months, and there is absolutely nothing on the market that can match the xB's price, standard features, interior space, fuel effeciency, reliability ect. is an economy car you can actually want to buy rather than buying something because its cheap transportaion.
so as soon as i can ditch my current car, i'll be ordering one. just gotta get the friends to like it; i've hear tons of 'retard bus' comments already my friend i'm moving in with even threatened to take my spot in the garage away cause it would look so bad parked next to his e46 bmw
Old 08-30-2005, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It depends on what your needs are and what not. The xB has more room then the xA and the box may be more suitable for a big guy such as urself since it is so roomy.