Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

GREETINGS! New poster here - I have a troubleshoot question

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member

Default GREETINGS! New poster here - I have a troubleshoot question

Hi everyone! I recenty began obcessing on the 2004 HOT LAVA Scion xB until I finally traded my 2005 Camo xB for one. I LOVE the Hot Lava Scion!

I have not had the car for long. Carmax replaced/repaired the heater AC blower motor since I mentioned it was noisy. I am glad they got into it because the filter was missing and the vent door was not aligned properly - HOWEVER -

I picked it up last night and drove home in light rain. Later I hopped in the car and tried the wipers. They no longer work. The fuse for the wipers blow everytime the ignition is turned on. I am kinda out of the car repair scene these days. I have an appointment to take it back in. In the meantime:

I know just enough to either fix things or make a bigger mess. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can look for? Electrical systems overhwelm me and I see no obvious damage, shorts, smoke, bare wires, breaks or other signs of a short.

I am at a loss and frustrated. We have a hurricane coming up the coast this weekend. I don't want to drive the "junk spare" unless I have to.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It could be a short in the wiper motor it self. Just advise. Don't take it back to Carmax for Service.
Where do you live at?
Old 08-31-2006, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hate carmax. Take it to a Toyota dealer.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pandaslayer

Carmax=Toyota Dealer

They are both as bad as each other.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, Not all carmax locations are Toyota Dealers. What he means is to take it to a Toyota Dealer like moi. This is also because of the fact that the carmax dervice department isn't the greatest in the world, from what I have heard.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

carmax is far from a Toyota Dealer buddy. They only sell used cars, from every car maker out there.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by techgeekwill
Originally Posted by pandaslayer

Carmax=Toyota Dealer

They are both as bad as each other.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member

well, um.... thanks for all your help. I think.

Carmax:
I had been looking for a Hot Lava xB for a while and I do not have deep pockets so I have been scrambling my thoughts trying to figure out just HOW I was going to get this thing. After I watched a few Hot Lava xBs with auto trans "go away" I found one at a CarMax not far from me. I had it transfered. Here's what happened:
1 - They had a 2004 Hot Lava Scion in excellent condition
2 - The Hot Lava had less miles than my 2005 xB
3 - they offered me a more than fair price for my 2005 xB that had a damaged rear bumper (stupid neighbor backed into me on private property and I have a $500 deductible. Not worth the insurance mark)
4 - they helped me with fair financing
5 - for a very small amount of money I opted for an extended warranty. NOW GET THIS! I am NOT an extended warranty kind of person, but a 5 year extended warranty on a Toyota is friggin CHEAP man! I thought it was worth the gamble over time.

Toyota Dealerships:
Some CarMax locations ARE authorized Scion dealerships that sell both new and used Scions.

I have a trusted mechanic whom I prefer to use. They know I have a small amount of mechanical wit and they can talk to me without "dumbing it down" for the girl.

I am still figuring out how this warranty thingy is going to help me and just how to use the system.....right now this Scion is, at the very least, under CarMax's 30 day warranty so they should fix it.

I was just hoping I could get some ideas of what could be causing this problem and I could fix it myself and not have to drive my junky spare truck this weeknd.