Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

has anyone installed a lift kit on their xb??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 12:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default has anyone installed a lift kit on their xb??

I just got my new xb this week and am thrilled with it. the only thing i am worried about are the bottom bumpers. they are so low to the ground that i am really afraid of damaging them on something. you see, streets in my town are narrow so i found myself going over alot of curbs on corners with my old car. so i'm really interested in finding out if anyone out there has lifted up their scion. i see alot of posts about people lowering them but none on lifting them up higher. any thoughts would be GREAT!! thanks!! oh and one more thing, these message boards are awesome!! i've found alot of really helpful stuff on here!!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only "lifted" one I know of was a show car made by some manufacturer.

But I don't understand why you'd be driving on the curbs... if the streets are narrow, you should still fit through them right?
Old 04-28-2006, 12:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

it usually happens if i am making a turn onto a side street and another car is waiting to pull out, sometimes they dont have enough time to pull out (there may be other cars coming from the other side) so my back tire will jump the curb on the corner because i cant make a wide enough turn because the other car is in the way..
Old 04-28-2006, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are no readily available lift kits out there. Your best bet is to just learn to drive your car. Besides, even if you did have someone fabricate a lift kit for you, the car would look hideous with the stock tires. You would have to commit to a pretty big lift and oversized tires to get it to look right. And I have a feeling that is way more of an investment than you want to make.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the car was enginered by professionals, its not really intended to be lifted, it will throw off the center of gravity... true the skirts are a little low but its such a small car you can take some liberties, when i part against a curb or pull up to a parking block i just leave tons of space - youll be surprised that you can keep a foot between your car and the curb and the suv next spot over will still poke out further then you... as far as turning and hoping curbs... i would have to suggest to drive better... wait an extra few seconds before you turn... but in the end the lips are going to get beat up and scratched, naturally try to keep it to a minimium but its not going to kill you or the car, the first time i bottomed out my front lip i was slihtly ____ed, but in the end its just a car and its meant to be driven... BTW rhode island is amazing... ive been there once for a few days and i totaly loved it... enjoy your xB, i saw my first envy green the other day... awesome color...
Old 04-28-2006, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So you want to do this:

to an xB? Well aint that some poop. You go boy!
Old 04-29-2006, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Pioneer did it.

You could just remove the lip kit from your car...

rallying_the_scion did it.

Or, you could just learn to take turns.