Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Has anyone tried using this for the air con console bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 05:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Has anyone tried using this for the air con console bulbs?

http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Neon_LED_L...led_bulbs.html

I found this while surfing for some blue LED bulbs for the speedo. I think they should fit standard to the aircon consle bulbs. I ordered 2 pcs of the 7colour changing ones to try them out, should arrive in a week or so. Will let you guys know how they turn out. I just hope that they are bright enough.

Derek
Old 09-20-2004, 06:11 AM

actually the LEDs in the air conditioning console has them sodered to a board. The Opr8r, scionjohn and I were trying to change the colors, ripped apart the air conditioning control unit; But to our disapointment, we found them to be sodered and moved to another option to change the colors.

Old 09-20-2004, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the heads-up. However i noticed my bB speedo is using those bulbs thats why i ordered them anyway. The internal parts of speedo in the bB is totally dfferent from the xB. Instead of using leds like what you guys are having on the xB, the bB is using 2 pieces of twist lock socket running on T1.5 bulb with blue bulb condoms over them.

I was getting ready to change the colours of the led on the speedo with a blue permanent marker pen and to my surprise i found that the bB speedo is totally different from the xB after i took it apart. I will post up some picts the next time i take the speedo apart, which i believe should be pretty soon. Hope those bulbs will make the speedo look great with all the changes of the colours.

Derek
Old 09-20-2004, 05:13 PM

you have a bB here in the states? Or just the speedo? Also isn't the speedo backwards?

Old 09-20-2004, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Stylis
you have a bB here in the states? Or just the speedo? Also isn't the speedo backwards?
Isn't he one of the guys from Malaysia?
There was 2 of them one here around the same time, one got a black bB and the other got a Lava
Old 09-21-2004, 03:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by the_saint
Originally Posted by Stylis
Isn't he one of the guys from Malaysia?
There was 2 of them one here around the same time, one got a black bB and the other got a Lava
Yes, thats the 2 of us, but correction, we are not from Malaysia, we are from Singapore. Its the small little country in the south of Malaysia. We have sort of a love-hate relation with the guys from the north.

I found this website call www.superbrightleds.com I like to order some stuff from them. But their shipping is pretty high for a couple of small bulbs- US$ 25 for just shipping !!
Old 09-21-2004, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad

SL Member

Yes those might work I took mine out and just wired in the Vadrad HyperLED's and just slipped them in the holes that the bulbs went in.

Ooops new mod , was'nt supposed to tell.