Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Hi I just put down my $500 few ?'s I hope you can answer

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 07:24 AM
5 Year Member

Default Hi I just put down my $500 few ?'s I hope you can answer

Hi I just put down my money for my '06 xb. 1st question how long to get it from the factory? 2, what is a scion gift card and were do i get one? 3, anyone delt with ebay for scion parts floormats ect. 4 what extra fees did the dealer throw at you? I already have been approved for a loan and had the rate locked in. thanks for your help!
Old 08-25-2005, 08:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

normaly order time is about a month. the down is normally only 200. though... hmm....... floormats are the only option i got. lol.... not many extra fees at all. i did get gap insurance and an extended warranty. 16,200 out the door after floormats , extended warranty , gap insurance , and tax/title/license
Old 08-25-2005, 09:22 AM
5 Year Member

Gift Card only comes if you finance through toyota. Don't know if it is a limited time promotion or what. I bought my 05 in the end of may and got the gift card last week.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Hi I just put down my $500 few ?'s I hope you can answer

Originally Posted by briana
Hi I just put down my money for my '06 xb. 1st question how long to get it from the factory? 2, what is a scion gift card and were do i get one? 3, anyone delt with ebay for scion parts floormats ect. 4 what extra fees did the dealer throw at you? I already have been approved for a loan and had the rate locked in. thanks for your help!
Just the normal stuff - sticker (destination was on the sticker) + sales tax + liscense = whatever that totalled
Old 08-25-2005, 10:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dealer fees! Doc fees! lol

Be careful that the loan amount locked has room for the extra fees or that is the money they ask you for up front! We had a locked loan too and had to get an extra 1200.

Congratulations!!!

{JMO but be careful with ebay stuff....search and ask here and buy from TOYOTA sellers/dealers theres after market stuff online from Toyota companies that IMO you should trust before you trust ebay. Ebay CAN but NOT always could be ppl just trying to make a buck and since you're not really seeing the product you could get ripped off. Cheap isn't always better. JMO!

Good luck! :D
Old 08-25-2005, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wouldnt buy any adds ons from Toytoya. Bought my floor mats and others from Ebay. Many times your buying from a Toyotya dealership that is selling on Ebay, go figure. Plus there are other online stores that give great prices. I belive to get the $50 scion card you have to get the loan through toyota. Are u a college grad, if so you get another $400 off (if u finance through toyota) cheers
Old 08-25-2005, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member

I agree with LVScionGal.

I had a pre-approval also, but when it came right down to the paperwork at the bank, they would only finance 100% of the vehicle cost (MSRP) and would not finance in TTL, warranty and Gap insurance.

I had to come up with about $1800 out of pocket to cover the rest. The upside was that the bank considered that overage a "down payment" and lowered my interest rate from 5.25% to 5.14%
Old 08-25-2005, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

There's great deals on eBay. Just remember that each sale is with a private party, eBay just provides the place to connect. Look at people's feedback and also check SL to see if anyone has dealt with a particular seller or has bought a particular item and can suggest a seller, on eBay or otherwise...
Old 08-25-2005, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

check with your bank abotu financing also, toyotas Prime rate was like 5% at the time i got my Tc and my credit union was 3.5% so i save a few points on my intrest rate, also generally gap inusurance is less through your banks, as is the extended warranty. my gap insurance was only 125.00 and the extended warranty was 350.00 not the 700 ( i cant really remeber what it was exactly) or so toyota was asking so shop areound for your finacning as well.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member

I actually already have the loan through usaa. the bank said their lowest rate was 6.49 and ussa offered 5.25. as far as the other fees it is supposed to be 249.50 for everything except tax. the seller i was looking at specializes in toyota parts. they have great feedback and everything comes new with tags and bags ect. Just wondering if anyone had a problem. they are saying 6 - 8 weeks to get my car direct. the other dealership was up to 9 months
Old 08-25-2005, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But unlike financing, there are real differences between what is covered by extended warranties through the manufacturer vs. third-party warranties, and even bigger differences between how you can make a claim. You really need to read the fine print.

RichC
Old 08-25-2005, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member

oh and the loan includes gap insurance. kilo6_one, i wish i had your bank! wow what an amazing rate!
Old 08-25-2005, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member

I agree about the third party warranties. we had one that refused to pay for anything and everything. it cost 1500 and they payed nothing. always a loophole. even when the engine died they refused to fix it
Old 08-25-2005, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by flames9
I wouldnt buy any adds ons from Toytoya. Bought my floor mats and others from Ebay. Many times your buying from a Toyotya dealership that is selling on Ebay, go figure. Plus there are other online stores that give great prices. I belive to get the $50 scion card you have to get the loan through toyota. Are u a college grad, if so you get another $400 off (if u finance through toyota) cheers
do you have to show them an official university transcript to get the $400 discount? Also, I am financing through toyota....will I be able to have all costs after MSRP added onto the loan or will I have to get extra 1500-1800 out of pocket like some people are saying? I dont want to have to pay anything else out of pocket for my purchase. I dont have that much money.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Shop around for an extended warrentee

You do not have to buy it from the dealership. Many places offer them at very different prices. If you are going to buy one, shop around and save a couple grand.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

agrreed, read the fine print on the 3rd party warranty/gap insurance, maybe get a written copy from your bank and the dealer to compare. i have gotten plenty of scion parts and other car parts off ebay, never really had problems. fortunatley most people on ebay tend to be honest, but trust your gut feeling, if the deal is too go to be true, it probably is.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member

do you have to show them an official university transcript to get the $400 discount? Also, I am financing through toyota....will I be able to have all costs after MSRP added onto the loan or will I have to get extra 1500-1800 out of pocket like some people are saying? I dont want to have to pay anything else out of pocket for my purchase. I dont have that much money. [/quote]

I financed through toyota. They asked me how much down I wanted to put and everything else went into financing. I got the extended warranty too. Toyota should be willing to let you finance everything you could possibly want, assuming you are approved. It just makes them money in the long run.

Another thing to think about with accesories is what you want that might be a difficult install. A CAI or led lighting or exhaust might seem ridiculously priced. But if the dealer installs at time of purchase its covered by the full three year bumper to bumper warratny and if something goes wrong they can't say you installed it wrong. If you get the items later they only have a one year warranty. If you get the items later and want the dealer to install them it will probalby cost just as much as it would in the beginning. Dealer told me $180 to install led lighting and cup holder lighting. I could do it myself easy as cake. However if I ever had an electrical issue I don't want the dealer saying I did the install wrong. I don't have LED lighting.