Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Hi, New here, Story about my experience with XB

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member

Default Hi, New here, Story about my experience with XB

Hi, ive been browsing the forum for about 5 months, haven't decided to register until today. i have a little story about my experience with the xb.

ive been fascinated with the car since i first saw a bcp back id like to say last summer, being in so cal we had pretty much all of the first xb's

anyway

last night i was going to the blink 182/no doubt concert in my buddies bcp xb, on the way (left from huntington beach) theres basically a HUGE hump in the road that my buddies jumps in his baja bug, he decided it was time to launch the scion, he hit it going about 45-50 and we had to have been at least 4ft up, it was nutty, neither my girlfriend or i were prepared for the launch, suprisingly enough the car landed didnt have any residual bounce back and only threw out the back end a little bit. to keep the story short, the drive should have only taken an hour but there was basically a cig alert on the 15fwy towards barstow and we were stuck in traffic for 6 hours. i was in the backseat and im pretty lanky (pushing 6'2) and the xb was probably one of the most comfortable cars ive been in. this coming from someone who drove a fully loaded 99 jeep grand cherokee limited, and a little mercedes 190e, ive been in many cars, and after our "road trip" im completely sold on the xb, the 5spd wasnt bad at all, it was quick enough to try and get around stopped cars, and the thing was ROOOOOMY, my god it was roomy.

anyway im gonna try and sell my car now and lease an xb

on a side note, i went to the same concert on thursday night and saw a member of team scion west, onxy blue, with blue looked like fiberglass dash and stuff driving, i asked her if she went on scion life. i took some pictures of the back of her car from my jeep.

sorry if its long, but jumping the xb was pretty nutty, and i was totally impressed with the car after being in it.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome and congrats! I'm still amazed at the amount of room.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Congrats...

The person driving the BOP was probably Tashenna (sp?). She is a huge ND fan, I wouldnt doubt that it was her. Her SN is BlueNRG&Me. BlueNRG (Darrell) is the prez of TSW.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

welcome

what car are you going to sell?
Old 06-27-2004, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member

im actually debating, id like to keep my 190e because its a nice beach car/cruiser. i might have enough cash stowed away for the dp on a lease, im gonna check into my funds.

we saw a bunch of xb's on the way last night, one rs1.0 was with us for like an hour easy cause traffic was basically stopped.