Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Hot Box?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 07:42 PM
SL Member

Default Hot Box?

I recently brought my new white (actually Polar White) box home and I'm ecstatic. My question is are the thieves ecstatic too. I usually park her in the garage, but occasionally leave her on the street. Do the thieves like the box as much as us?
Old 03-13-2007, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I justed moved into my house a couple of weeks ago and have been sweatin leaving my tC outside cause the garage was full of boxes. NOw I can get both tCs in there but I couldnt sleep for a while.....not sure what theft rate is on the xB's but I know we have had a couple of our members xB's broken into.......Just be careful and Congrats on the Scion Purchase and welcome to the Fam!
Old 03-13-2007, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Only if you've got something good in your box to steal. Amps, subs tv etcc...of course in Cali anything looks good.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Hot Box?

Originally Posted by virgin
I recently brought my new white (actually Polar White) box home and I'm ecstatic. My question is are the thieves ecstatic too. I usually park her in the garage, but occasionally leave her on the street. Do the thieves like the box as much as us?
That depends a LOT on where you live. I'm in Minnesota. Folks living in Minneapolis pay big bux to insure their Harleys -- like a 1K a year or more. Down here in the backwaters of SE MN, I pay a couple hundred for the same coverage. It's only 85 miles away, but the crime rate is MUCH lower. As they say, your mileage will vary.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in NYC, people will mess with your car regardless of the reason. I am keeping my xB as stock looking as I can (no rims, modded tail lights, etc - I did debadge it tho. I feel that if the car looks stock, people will be less likely to ____ with it because they'll think it's stock.

and common sense works too: dont leave your cellphone, portable navigation thing, your wallet, a wad of cash, etc visible. I usually have a black laptop bag on me and when i am leaving my xB, i put the laptop bag in the back seat - in the foot area, faced down. when you look through the window, you can barely see the bag there - it looks more like the floorboard.

paranoia? I don't think so - if you were in nyc you'd understand why. Not that it's a bad place but I dont want to give any scum a reason to ***** with my box.

I have a tablet laptop that i use for music and navigation and i put that thing under my seat every time i park the car - and i remove the mount. i also hide the aux wire that i connect from the laptop to the aux port. i want the thing to look like a plain vanilla box when anyone looks thru the window.
- sh00k
Old 03-14-2007, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

(Yeah...except for them blazin bright orange Hella's
Old 03-15-2007, 06:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Before i left for college i was very nervous about leaving her in a college parking lot day and night for months. Nothing ever happend to it, besides some random garbage being left sitting on the hood. . I was very careful where to park it though; never near old beat up cars and almost always under a street light.
From what i can tell, if your worried about being broken into, dont over advertise on your box with decals and such, just lets them know what you got going on in there.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

As much as i love scion as a company i blame them for theives getting to our cars lol. every comercial makes it seem like every body that owns a scion has thousands in their car so theives target them knowing they are cars to be used as a jump off point for modding
Old 03-15-2007, 12:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think theft is more about how your area is, fornutnately I don't have to leave my car out often, but I have left it out unlocked and a window down...no problems. Just use common sense when going to the public places, don't leave anything out in the open visible from the windows and park someplace out in the open where anyone snooping around will be noticeable.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dwatts5250
(Yeah...except for them blazin bright orange Hella's
LOLOL! Yeah, when I have my grill off... the hellas sorta seem non stock....

but with the grill on (which DOES fit over the horns 100%) - the car looks bone stock! l0l0l

The sub box i have in the trunk is the only thing that looks "non stock" when you look through the windows on my car... everything else is bone stock!

=P
- sh00k