Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

The "I got an xB and am So Excited!" Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I currently have an 2006 Thunder Cloud Grey Scion xB, but I love these cars so much I wanted another one. I started searching on Cars.com, found one in Burnsville MN at a dealership. I couldn't believe it. Red Salsa Pearl, 2006, with 32,000 miles, it was owned by an older couple and had been garaged all of its life from most of the elements. I live in Louisiana, so had them take pictures and even a video. I basically made the purchase just through email and telephone. Got a cheap one way flight to Minneapolis MN, which is just 15 minutes North of Burnsville. Stayed overnight at a hotel, the dealership come and got from my the hotel, we finalized the deal after I test drove and did good eye ball of the exterior and interior. I looked at all the maintenance records as this same dealership had sold it to them original owner was also where they had the oil changed and did regular maintenance. They baby is tight almost like new. Drove it for 18 hours from Burnsville MS to Central, LA. Smooth as a fat babies uh butt. LOL

Since then I've added the rear spoiler, chrome tailpipe tip, euro style tail lights, center console, new scion bB red stitched front, rear, cargo matts, fog lights, front bra and wind deflectors on the windows. Going to install cruise control tomorrow and ordered a kicking multi-colored LED interior glow kit. Also installed a DC Sport Strut bar. Its getting there....

I'll post a picture once I take some with all my new add ons.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:32 AM

I bought mine today!

It's a 2006 Release Series 3.0. I traded in a junker 1994 Toyota Previa Van. I was looking at xB's when I bought the van, but didn't think it'd be worth the money...$2100 in repairs later, I junked the van (got $400 towards the xB).

I think everything that has been done to it is just RS specific. It has a remote engine starter which is both awesome (I live in Chicago), and strange. I went from a junker to this...and I've never owned a vehicle this nice before. There are more features to this thing than I will probably ever use...back seat entertainment system? I drive alone 99% of the time. However, the dedicated iPod hook up makes me giggle, heck-having working air conditioning makes me giggle as well.

I'm a musician (bass player), so I needed a vehicle that could haul gear yet wanted to get the smallest thing I could get by with. The xB's fit the bill quite well, and around 5 years after initially driving one-I own it.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member

Mac black I'm looking at the same car with 90k miles on it. The green Box limited rs 3.0
How much did you pay?
Old 05-09-2013, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Joselito
Mac black I'm looking at the same car with 90k miles on it. The green Box limited rs 3.0
How much did you pay?
I paid $9500 w/87k miles. So far, so good. I have an automatic transmission, if that makes any difference.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:43 AM
5 Year Member

Mac I'm going to try to get this car for 10k or 10,500 out the door. It will be my first car with power windows, power door locks etc etc.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:37 PM

Mac I'm going to try to get this car for 10k or 10,500 out the door. It will be my first car with power windows, power door locks etc etc.
Good luck!

I was in a very similar boat. My Impala was manual everything (except transmission), the Previa had power windows & locks but was at the end of its usable life.

BTW, the $9500 was before taxes, title, etc. So, if you can score it for $10k out the door-that'd be awesome.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:30 AM
5 Year Member

I did it Mac. I bought it and an extended warranty. Cost me 13k out the door with the warranty. Mine is auto as well. I wanted this car that much so I said screw it. I'll buy it. I'll keep it until the wheels fall off.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:12 PM

I did it Mac. I bought it and an extended warranty. Cost me 13k out the door with the warranty. Mine is auto as well. I wanted this car that much so I said screw it. I'll buy it. I'll keep it until the wheels fall off.
Congrats!!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:27 PM

Default thoughts

Me and my wife are looking at 06' xB. Ive read the different forums and reviews. I get the impression the 06' has a few issues. The electric hatch release melting and the perpetual cracking of windshields. We like everything else even putting on the aftermarket cruise. How bad is the windshield issue??? The xB were looking at already has the melted hatch release.lol Ant thoughts are good thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:27 AM
SL Member

ok, one week ago I sold our 01 3/4 ton 7.3 PSD w/60,000mi...and read for 2 weeks about these 06 Scion xB's...long story short I rented a Camry and drove to Tucson Az to buy sight unseen a 06 one female owner xB w/112,000 mi for $5200. Drove this pup from Tucson to Phoenix then over here to Truth or Consequences NM, about 600mi total. Reading and asking questions I'm finding this was the better engine, drilling and zip tying any loose or cracked mounting clips, new cabin air filter, led interior lights, dashmat, oil/filter change, bought the jack assembly...is it worth doing the cold air intake? I plan to leave this as stock as possible since we're in our late 50's and don't need/want to show it off nor do I want a speed demon...thanks guys for anything you can suggest
Old 02-06-2014, 04:42 AM
SL Member

I was offered the 5pc Perrin assembly for $120 and the window visors at $65 and the front grill (below the headlights) for $50,,,,$250 shipped to my door...DEAL or no DEAL?,,,pricing is right but do I need these items right now?

TIA
Old 02-12-2014, 04:41 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Webfoot_Wa
I was offered the 5pc Perrin assembly for $120 and the window visors at $65 and the front grill (below the headlights) for $50,,,,$250 shipped to my door...DEAL or no DEAL?,,,pricing is right but do I need these items right now?

TIA
bumped so it gets read...........
Old 02-19-2014, 07:27 PM
SL Member

asked several questions earlier ...looking for advice from seasoned 06 xB owners...........tia
Old 08-24-2014, 04:10 PM

I bought mine April 14, 2004. 2004 xB RS1. Drove it for awhile, been in storage ever since. 1st RS1 in the east coast. Certified by Southeastern Toyota Distribution Center, Jacksonville Fl.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:54 AM

Default 2006 Salsa Red

I just purchased my first Scion xB, and I love it! Every time I get out of the car and find myself saying "I love my car". It is so fun to drive, and I love the roominess of the interior. I'm a musician (I've seen that countless times on the forum) and it hauls all my gear with ease and is really easy to load and unload.
The sound system is stock, but it sounds great. My only issue is I can't get the iPod connector to work. Might have to take it to a dealer soon.

Anyway, I love it and can't wait to drive it again tomorrow!
Old 10-11-2014, 09:31 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Webfoot_Wa
asked several questions earlier ...looking for advice from seasoned 06 xB owners...........tia

8 months later and I know much more than I did in Feb...I was disappointed that received no response from anyone offering to lend a hand while shopping for ideas....8 months later and we've installed Megan springs/and struts which lowered me 1.5", some Black Raceline wheels mounted to 4 new 205/55R16's, found a nice used AEI CAI, TRD Strut bar, some cool hood dampeners all red to match the set of Perrin hoses, a sweet VIP table for a great price ($70 shipped) nice Thule roof rack/basket/2 bike racks, Carbon Fiber Hood and custom Hydro dipped carbon fiber grille, replaced both front and rear lips, new drivers arm rest...all belts when I did the hoses, some odds and ends still waiting to install (weather has turned to ____ here in the NW)....loving the little box more each day..oh! and the best news was when I asked for advice on the $5200 price I was able to buy this pup for $3500 after bringing up many issues I read somewhere.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:11 PM
SL Member

Default 06.5 The best YR built

Originally Posted by OTACORB
I currently have an 2006 Thunder Cloud Grey Scion xB, but I love these cars so much I wanted another one. I started searching on Cars.com, found one in Burnsville MN at a dealership. I couldn't believe it. Red Salsa Pearl, 2006, with 32,000 miles, it was owned by an older couple and had been garaged all of its life from most of the elements. I live in Louisiana, so had them take pictures and even a video. I basically made the purchase just through email and telephone. Got a cheap one way flight to Minneapolis MN, which is just 15 minutes North of Burnsville. Stayed overnight at a hotel, the dealership come and got from my the hotel, we finalized the deal after I test drove and did good eye ball of the exterior and interior. I looked at all the maintenance records as this same dealership had sold it to them original owner was also where they had the oil changed and did regular maintenance. They baby is tight almost like new. Drove it for 18 hours from Burnsville MS to Central, LA. Smooth as a fat babies uh butt. LOL

Since then I've added the rear spoiler, chrome tailpipe tip, euro style tail lights, center console, new scion bB red stitched front, rear, cargo matts, fog lights, front bra and wind deflectors on the windows. Going to install cruise control tomorrow and ordered a kicking multi-colored LED interior glow kit. Also installed a DC Sport Strut bar. Its getting there....

I'll post a picture once I take some with all my new add ons.

Cool for you..When we bought ours in Feb I never gave it thought about how many changes we can make to these little boxes...my list is short but important to the safe driving habits we strive for: lowered It 1.5" using Megan Springs/struts. ALL RED,TRD Engine Strut Bar, AIE CAI, Hood Dampners, Nice Carbon Fiber Fiber Hood, Hydro Dipped CF Grille(with Toyota Emblem from a 90's truck), Front/Rear Lip, Thule Roof Rack w/basket and 2 bike racks (I'll never use) Some nice blk Race Line Wheels w/a set of NEW 205/R55/16, The VIP Table (which is way cool if you find it for the right price) a new arm rest from Amazon, all red radiator hoses and heater core hoses, the Wink Mirror (to be installed).... WE WANT ANOTHER ONE ALSO :-)

Last edited by Webfoot_Wa; 10-14-2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: pix
Old 11-05-2014, 10:56 PM

I had decided that I was going to one day drive an xb the first time I saw a commercial for them. I thought they were the cutest little cars ever. It took a lot of convincing my dad to go look at one with me and also a lot of browsing on Craigslist (every xb I saw had high miles). But it happened in April! Bought my 2006 Salsa Red Pearl Scion xB for $6500 with 65,000 miles. Thank god my 1st car was falling apart (smoking squeaking & stuff) because if not I wouldn't be driving this beautiful box ❤️ Also thanks to my dad for being an amazing negotiator even though he thinks my little red box is ugly. Love this car and will drive it into the ground!
Attached Thumbnails The "I got an xB and am So Excited!" Thread!-image.jpg  
Old 01-29-2015, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member

Default I have two now!

Just picked up an '06 Xb on Friday Jan 23rd 2015, and I have had my '09 for over three years now! First and second gen in the same driveway!
Old 01-29-2015, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
SCION CORP

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nepa06toaster
Just picked up an '06 Xb on Friday Jan 23rd 2015, and I have had my '09 for over three years now! First and second gen in the same driveway!
That's pretty awesome!

Quick Reply: The "I got an xB and am So Excited!" Thread!