Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]
View Poll Results: Do you think its fair???????????????
yes
57.14%
no
42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

It's jst not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default It's jst not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reading most of the posts lately i have been seeing proto-type after proto-type for the tc and articles of turboed tcs and its just not fair. I know alot of us have been waiting for a turbos for our xbs and nothing has come about solid to this date. I dont know if i am just being paranoied or what but i want a turbo kit for the xb and not one that is just thrown together, i want a full production kit. damn those tc people, j/k.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

you just wait

they will still be waiting too just like us xB owners
Old 07-11-2004, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm an xB owner and I think that although the added power would be greatly appreciated for the xB, (it is my understanding that) the tC is built off the premise of a performance machine.

As an xB owner it's "fair" to say "it's not fair, my xB needs some more power, the tC doesn't need the power" but it's also "fair" to say the tC was designed around it.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think Toyota or TRD offers a Blitz supercharger for the xBs. But at $3000, for only 30-35 hp, I don't think it's worth it. It would be great to see one of these tuners stuff the 175 hp engine from a Corolla XRS(?) in the xB. A turbo kit would be great, but complicated as well if done correctly. My SRT-4 was insanely fast for a factory turbo car, but it had a lot of components on it besides the turbo (intercooler, blow-off valve, injectors, fuel pump, etc). Seems that either a supercharger or bigger engine would be the ticket...
Old 07-11-2004, 05:59 AM

hey as soon as I get a tC to sponcer in my area, I will get an exhaust system for the most HP needed. :D

Old 07-11-2004, 06:54 AM
5 Year Member

I really think it won't be long until there is a turbo kit for the XB...

There already is a supercharger for it...but who wants that? Turbo's the only way to go! :D
Old 07-11-2004, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EJ1T Wilcox
I really think it won't be long until there is a turbo kit for the XB...

There already is a supercharger for it...but who wants that? Turbo's the only way to go! :D
IF it's purpose-built from the factory, a turbo may not be too bad, but it will be a LOT more complicated than a supercharger. For most street applications, you'll be running a lot more boost from a turbo than a s/c, maybe twice the amount. Turbos generate a LOT of heat, but it is "free" energy from the exhaust, as opposed to the s/c which has the parasitic belt drive all the time. But, with a s/c, the boost is ALWAYS there, unlike a turbo, which has to spool up, down, up, down, lag lag lag. I don't have any loyalties one way or the other. But, I'd like to see something that will put more hp into the xB (150-175 range) withouth grenading the engine over the long term. Seems to me the best way to do that is thru some kind of engine swap, either a bigger 4 like what they're running in the Corolla XRS, or even something like a 3.0 24-valve V6 that's rated at over 200 hp. 'Course then all the weaknesses in the stock xB drivetrain will show up, like drive shafts or even tranny...