Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

It's official...we're trading the RS2. My thoughts.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default It's official...we're trading the RS2. My thoughts.

The box has been an awesome car with zero problems. There have just been a few things that have always kinda bugged my wife about it: The lack of power for merging onto the freeway and passing trucks (we also have many steep hills around here), the lack of side airbags, and the somewhat "cheap" or hollow sound when you close the door. I know...that last one is nit picking, but it has bothered her.
We are both going to miss the box. It's been fun and practical. I have to be honest though...it will be a relief to drive a car that doesn't stand out quite so much. A solar yellow xB attracts more attention than we want sometimes. In the wrong environment it just becomes a target for vandalizim. We've worried about it more than once as we parked it and walked away.
We started looking around, and she has decided on a Nissan Versa. Seems like a solid car with tons of high-tech features for the money and great gas mileage. We have a friend who is connected with a Nissan dealer so we got a great deal on the new car and a good price for our trade.
I'll still be around here though because I am NOT getting rid of my xA. Me and that car have formed a bond. Plus it only has 13,000 miles and it's paid for!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I came very close to trading my xB for a versa... more power to you! It's a great car, and it really does fix a lot of the nits that the xB has without getting much bigger OR raising the price much more.

The versa did pretty well in the crash test ratings for rear impact at high speed, too.

As for me, I decided to buy some sound deadener, since the xB is almost paid off. Maybe in a few years.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mtxblau
I came very close to trading my xB for a versa... more power to you! It's a great car, and it really does fix a lot of the nits that the xB has without getting much bigger OR raising the price much more.

The versa did pretty well in the crash test ratings for rear impact at high speed, too.

As for me, I decided to buy some sound deadener, since the xB is almost paid off. Maybe in a few years.
That's funny...I was actually thinking about the sound deadener too if we had kept the box. I'm sure it will make a difference for you. Good luck.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Have you thought about passing the RS2.0 on to someone here for whatever they give you on trade? Might be able to keep it in the family and help out a Scion person. Just a thought.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

nissan versa is a bargain basement cheap car , it's not bad but it def seems cheaper to me. and imo it's butt ugly. but definately less noticeable.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I'm also curious why you got the RS2.0 in the first place if you "didn't" want the attention and didn't like the cheap sound while closing the doors? Mine sound nice and solid BTW even without the sound deadening stuff added.
I just hope it gets bought by someone that is not getting it only for transportation. That is the biggest waste of an xB, especially an RS model.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
nissan versa is a bargain basement cheap car , it's not bad but it def seems cheaper to me. and imo it's butt ugly. but definately less noticeable.
As opposed to scions, which are...

?
Old 06-20-2007, 10:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

nooooooo... dont do it...
Old 06-20-2007, 11:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
Have you driven a Nissan Versa SL? Or even sat in one? The quality of materials used (especially for the interior) is way nicer than either my xA or xB. It seems like it would be a much more expensive car than it is. The one we are getting has power everything, 6-disc changer, cruise, 6 airbags, bluetooth hands-free, CV-transmission, and even keyless start. Read the automotive reviews. It's bargain basement in price, but not quality or features.

Like I said, I love the xB. I'm not going to come on here and bash it just because we've decided to go with something else. My wife will always think back to her yellow box and smile.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bB2NER
I'm also curious why you got the RS2.0 in the first place if you "didn't" want the attention and didn't like the cheap sound while closing the doors?...
That's a valid question. What it really boils down to is this: it's what my wife wanted at the time. When she saw that yellow box it was love at first sight. She liked it so much that I think she was willing to overlook a few things at first. I remember commenting on the hollow sounding doors and the lack of power during the test drive. She didn't care...she wanted it. Now, after driving it for two years, those things have started to bug her more and more. We don't consider buying the xB as a mistake. We both really like it. It's just time for a few upgrades.
As for the attention issue, that's been the biggest surprise. When we bought it we knew it stood out. We had fun with it. But then you start hearing about many people having their xBs keyed. Not because they did anything wrong. Simply because it's an xB. For whatever reason, these funky little cars seem to be targets for vandalizm. Having one in bright yellow doesn't help.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I can see now. Shame it's gotta go but atleast you get to keep the xA.
To bad she won't let you fix the stuff that bugs her so much. Seems way cheaper in the long run than starting over.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bB2NER
I can see now. Shame it's gotta go but atleast you get to keep the xA.
To bad she won't let you fix the stuff that bugs her so much. Seems way cheaper in the long run than starting over.
I'm not really sure how I would fix a few of those issues. No worries. The new car is priced right and we're getting a great interest rate (0.7%) so we'll have it paid off in 3 years.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
The one we are getting has ... CV-transmission ...
Since you'll still be around on the xA forum, I'd be curious to hear in a few months how you like the CVT. I've driven a car with it before and it was wierd to me. I felt much less in tune with the road, or maybe less in tune with the car. My niece, who learned to drive on one, does not like standard transmissions.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 13edge
Originally Posted by matt_a
The one we are getting has ... CV-transmission ...
Since you'll still be around on the xA forum, I'd be curious to hear in a few months how you like the CVT. I've driven a car with it before and it was wierd to me. I felt much less in tune with the road, or maybe less in tune with the car. My niece, who learned to drive on one, does not like standard transmissions.
Yeah, I'm kind of interested to see how it will be too. The only time I've ever driven one was the 20 minute test drive in the car we are getting. Other than not feeling any shifts, I really never noticed a difference. It's supposed to be more reliable (way fewer moving parts) and more fuel efficient. We'll see.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

might wanna change your sig!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Best wishes - sort of wished she would have checked out the new xB.

Both going to have smaller cars - hope you don't haul or buy anything to large.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

^^^ The Versa is real close in cargo hauling as the xB so they should be fine Maria.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06B0X
Best wishes - sort of wished she would have checked out the new xB.

Both going to have smaller cars - hope you don't haul or buy anything to large.
Thanks. The new xB was the very FIRST car we looked at. It's really nice, but the bigger motor has caused a substantial drop in gas mileage. It's only rated at 22/28. There are SUV's that do that well. My wife wants mid 30's highway. And like bB2NER pointed out, the Versa hatchback can haul a good bit of stuff.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Matt..you ned to put your foot down and stop letting your wife make all the decisions in the family..get some ***** man!!!

good luck with your new purchase anyway
Old 06-21-2007, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MadMike550
Matt..you ned to put your foot down and stop letting your wife make all the decisions in the family..get some ***** man!!!

good luck with your new purchase anyway
It's all about choosing my battles. It's a balancing act that has kept us happily married for 20 years now. Besides, I kinda think it's a good move.

Quick Reply: It's official...we're trading the RS2. My thoughts.