First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

JD Power Survey, quality?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default JD Power Survey, quality?

I've got an 05 xb black. I read in the AJC yesterday that the XB wasn't rated well at all in JD Power surveys.

Why is this, am I (we) in for trouble or was there a glitch with something? I would expect Toyota to make only the best.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The ratings from JD Powers are based on customer surveys of actual vehicle owners, not professional testers who have the chance to compare all different types of vehicles everyday.
There should be another question from JD Powers to customers..."Everything considered, would you have purchased this car over others in the same price range?" Most people are very confident in their decisions.

"These seven scores come from consumer ratings of their vehicles after the first few months of ownership."

People have their opinions about everything and often can find room for improvement in everything. This means very very few people will give a maximum score to anything.

I would suggest trying to find a test report from Motor Trend or other reputable tester. I've never had any issues with my XB other than the CAI rubbing on the foglights which was easily fixed at no charge.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: JD Power Survey, quality?

Originally Posted by craigferriter
Why is this, am I (we) in for trouble or was there a glitch with something? I would expect Toyota to make only the best.
See the following 2 page thread for an extensive discussion of the Survey:

Scion ranks near bottom of J.D. Power Initial Quality Survey

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ghlight=survey

I think the consensus of the ScionLife group is that Scion owners tend to be more critical and have a greater attention to small details. Most of the complaints dealt with: less than high volume Air Conditioning, too firm ride and lack of powerful acceleration... all fairly minor issues IMHO. Scions are Toyotas. Toyota make the best vehicles in the world. PERIOD. RPM
Old 10-22-2004, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Originally Posted by Cameron
I would suggest trying to find a test report from Motor Trend or other reputable tester. I've never had any issues with my XB other than the CAI rubbing on the foglights which was easily fixed at no charge.
I don't have fog lights but my AEM CAI air filter rubs against the inside of the wheel well. Have you noticed this? Whenever I go over rough road or a speed bump, the left front side makes a squeaking sound.

The dealer ruled out anything with the suspension and they are contacting Toyota to find out about the air filter rubbing the wheel well issue.

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know if what your dealer did with the CAI prevents the air filter from rubbing against the wheel well.

Thanks,
Old 11-09-2004, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

who cares what Jd Powers thinks anyway,they aint paying for my box.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Consumer reports says that it is #2 rated "Small Cars"!

I believe them far more than anyone else!