Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Just Curious

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Just Curious

Just curious if anyone here on ScionLife may have ended up buying my old car.
Anyone purchase their 2005 RS 2.0 xb from CarMax in Charlottesville, VA? Would be cool to find out where my car ended up at. I hope whoever ended up with it enjoys it as much as I did. Couldn't seem to sell it around home, and even advertised it for one month in the Auto Locator. Right after I sold it I ran into a young guy who told me it was exactly what HE wanted. Just my luck. Guess that was back in July. Then about 6 weeks or so ago, I got a letter from the Dealership where I purchased it telling me they wanted to buy it because they were always trying to find clean used cars for customers or for their used inventory. Guess I should've kept it a couple more months.................oh well. Probably could've gotten a few bucks more for it. They appreciated on paper, but you sure wouldn't know that when you try to sell one.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

You should post up what # your RS2 was, that would be helpful... :D
Old 02-18-2008, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Geez, I don't remember the # now. Could be on some paperwork somewhere. Duh........
Old 02-18-2008, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Have you asked carmax to track it for you? There should be some sort of paper trail. Maybe do a carfax on it using the VIN?
How could you NOT have memorized your RS#? Sorry, it was prolly Sometimers.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yep, reckon I should've reminded myself not to forget to remember
Old 02-19-2008, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did Carmax give you any more for the RS? There's one on the site now. Looks like $1k - $1.5k more than standard xB.

I do like Carmax for the no hassle car buying. I've sold two vehicles to them. Got KBB "excellent" trade in on one and $1k over on the other.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wish!!!!!!!!! Luckily I didn't owe much. Payoff was low. I only got 13K and they sold it for only 14.6K. Took a couple of weeks until it appeared on their site. Guess they had to wait for a title and such. Then sold quickly. As I stated earlier, sure wouldn't know they have a high resale value when you try to sell one!!!!! I tried a place here at home several months before I took it to carmax and those bastards acted like it was a jolopy. It was cherry with several extras, and only 12.5K miles on it!!!!!!!Carmax was impressed with the condition. Then the bastards here at home have the nerve to put an 04 on their lot (plain jane) with twice the milage on mine and ask something like 17K for it!!!!!!!!!!!! Car dealers suck!!!!!!!!!! At least Carmax was honest and sold the car below KBB as they usually state. Cars rarely appreciate in value, especially econoboxes, but RS's are worth more than they cost new according to KBB. Mine was worth 16.8K back in June of 07. Even if you take a car like that back to the dealer where you purchased it (I didn't try), they act like it's a piece of crap and they don't wanna give you anything for it. When I traded my 04 xb on the 05, they acted as if I was trying to unload some old worthless car, then they turn around and make a fortune. it's criminal!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 12:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Starbuck
Even if you take a car like that back to the dealer where you purchased it (I didn't try), they act like it's a piece of crap and they don't wanna give you anything for it. When I traded my 04 xb on the 05, they acted as if I was trying to unload some old worthless car, then they turn around and make a fortune. it's criminal!!!!!!!!!!
That's why they are called STEALERSHIPS!
They only love you when you are spending money.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hear ya!!!! You would think that buying a third car from a dealership (repeat business) would mean something. I think to them it just means another opportunity to rip off someone. That's why I tried so hard to sell the RS privately but just never ran into the right person, even though scions were so popular. Even called a place called Prestige Motor Cars. They only handle cars in pristine condition with low miles. Granted, mostly vettes and porsches, but the weren't even interested in the least. Then later I see a Honda minivan on their lot.!!!!!!!! They could've gotten top dollar for a car like mine!!!!!!!!! Guess I should've stuck it in a garage for a few years until it was really a rarity....................
Old 02-19-2008, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Starbuck
That's why I tried so hard to sell the RS privately but just never ran into the right person, even though scions were so popular.
Did you list it on autotrader online? I refer quite a few people there cause the site lets you look for certain colors. I check lavas from time to time.