First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

map/courtesy lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default map/courtesy lights

i just wish we also have this in front of the rear view mirror like other cars has.
anywys, does anyone did any mods about this that can give me idea? i don't want underlighthings, only thing i can think of is those slinky with lights/led that you plug in the cigarette lighter plug.
sid
Old 02-25-2004, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Tuners

you could order the xa FRONT domelight from the dealer and have it installed in the front of your xb, it cost 90.00 though for the whole thing not including the install. i know this because i make custom colored domelight covers for the xb and the rear xa domelights i wanted to do both for the xa but they do not sell the xa's front domelight cover, they sell the whole domelight housing for it, just a thought- 90.00 is a little steep IMO
Old 02-25-2004, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

90 is actually decent compared to the jc whitney one for like 200 plus. espicially if it has the compass/thermometer in it.

I wonder how hard it would be to install this bad boy in an xb. It couldnt be THAT hard could it? maybee pull back the headliner and hookit up to the dome?
Carson has this pic on the site but its got no price. and it isn't availble yet. hmm if it were under a hundred id totally consider it since id like some map lights.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GruntStyle
you could order the xa FRONT domelight from the dealer and have it installed in the front of your xb, it cost 90.00 though for the whole thing not including the install. i know this because i make custom colored domelight covers for the xb and the rear xa domelights i wanted to do both for the xa but they do not sell the xa's front domelight cover, they sell the whole domelight housing for it, just a thought- 90.00 is a little steep IMO
i never looked at xA interior, did not know they have it(why not on xB?) , i might pass by the dealer tomorrow and see. any tips on wiring for xB?

thanks,
sid
Old 02-25-2004, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by Sid_xBicious
Originally Posted by GruntStyle
i never looked at xA interior, did not know they have it(why not on xB?) , i might pass by the dealer tomorrow and see. any tips on wiring for xB?

thanks,
sid
just splice the wires for the domelight allready there, i have no idea if it is just a ground and a power ,if it is you could just find a good ground hook it up and find a good power source like the cigarette lighter and hook it up there too, your best bet is domelight to domelight! you will need to cut the headliner to install the domelight but it would look bad as hell with a front domelight.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Splicing a front xA domelight to/with the existing rear domelight would make it function in the same way with only the rear one (i.e. goes on with open door dims when ignition is turned, etc...,) correct?

Sounds like a great idea! :D
Old 02-25-2004, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by Al.Truistic
Splicing a front xA domelight to/with the existing rear domelight would make it function in the same way with only the rear one (i.e. goes on with open door dims when ignition is turned, etc...,) correct?

Sounds like a great idea! :D
well kinda if you do it at the point the wires connect to the rear domelight it will funtion with the rear domelight(meaning if you turn on your rear your front will turn on too BUT you will also have it seperate at the same time kinda hard to explain! but if you splice the wire befor the rear domelight you will have total control over each one. hope you understand. and yes it will dim with the ignition all domelight do especially if you have another one hooked into the other one. i would do it for 90.00+ but some people would not pay that much.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I was driving my safari, it was nervous because I kept eyeing it's center cumputer thingy.. four map lights, dome, storage, a compas and thermometer.. I THINK it would fit. I bet they make something like that for aftermarket. on second thought, the safaris are pretty old.. Pick a Part, here I come!
Old 03-09-2004, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member

Default ~2001 Corolla rear view mirror with lights.

Another option. I traded in my 2001 Corolla for the 04 xB. The corolla had two bright map lights under the rearview mirror. They were nice. No outside thermometer, but not $200+ either. Check your Toyota Parts dept. and see what it would take to get one of their technicians to hook you up on his or her own time, away from the dealership. I'll bet you can get it done for under $100, and I think it will be better than an xA front dome light kit. Look into it...
Old 03-09-2004, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

whats the partnumber for a xA's courtsey light?

and does echo's have a light as well?

i know toyota oem parts(not scion oem parts) are a lot cheaper
and more flexible in pricing.