First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

My xB meets mini cooper S

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My xB meets mini cooper S

Well got a call earlier this week to come in and pick up the MCS. It has been on order for 2 months. Now I own another small displacement 4 banger except this one comes with a factory blower. I ordered it with the getrag 6-speed, limited slip diff, xenons, 2 piece light 17" web spoke wheels and some other stuff.
It runs quite differently than the xB when it comes to low end torque. It doesnt feel like any car Ive ever driven. Very much like a streetable go -kart.
Now, I have a problem.... what to do with the xB. Right now I'm thinking of keeping it. Hard to beats it utility and mpg. Will see..
Here are some pics of the mini:

Old 07-01-2005, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

WOW, now that is a cupholder!

I say keep em all. Start a tiny car collection. :D
Old 07-01-2005, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great color choice on the mini, congrats. I say keep the box as the cargo space may come in handy....ooh, or trade it for a full size truck ....well, enjoy your little cars in the meantime.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Must be nice to have money.... if you don't need the xb, sell it and buy a beater pickup or minivan if you need hauling space.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by SuperCrunchyAction
Must be nice to have money....
Off topic here... but this phrase ____es me off. Work hard, get a good degree, and you'll end up being well off.

Mike: Congrats on your hard work to be able to afford the things you want.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

OH! I loves me a good mini, and that is a good Mini! I am so excited for you!
Old 07-01-2005, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Max
Off topic here... but this phrase ____es me off. Work hard, get a good degree, and you'll end up being well off.

Thanks for the kind words! I thought I was just sharing an automotive experience with other enthusiasts...
Have a great day!
Old 07-01-2005, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ERIKB
Great color choice on the mini, congrats. I say keep the box as the cargo space may come in handy....ooh, or trade it for a full size truck ....well, enjoy your little cars in the meantime.
Thanks on the color choice.. I changed it 3 times before I settled on it..
You get to pick all the colors.. like the doors, dash,roof, seats... very cool buying experience.
I'll pass on the full size truck. I really enjoy driving the xB too... so I might just keep it around. Its also an automatic, so when I feel lazy, I can also take the xB.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and i thought the xb speedo was big at first lol
Old 07-01-2005, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The speedo is borderline ridiculous, but the interior looks very "future-esque," with all of the shiny silver etc. Looks like a fun car to drive, much different from the chick mobile the regular Mini is. One question: why didn't you think of buying an STi? Just wondering, because it is almost in the same price range as the MCS. I guess you just love the mentioned "go-kart"ness that is the MCS. Cool buy, good luck (watch out on highways, my box has almsot been crushed by semi's 130 times, not sure how the mini will fair).
Old 07-01-2005, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pharynx
The speedo is borderline ridiculous, but the interior looks very "future-esque," with all of the shiny silver etc. Looks like a fun car to drive, much different from the chick mobile the regular Mini is. One question: why didn't you think of buying an STi? Just wondering, because it is almost in the same price range as the MCS. I guess you just love the mentioned "go-kart"ness that is the MCS. Cool buy, good luck (watch out on highways, my box has almsot been crushed by semi's 130 times, not sure how the mini will fair).
Actually the speedo is "retro" and dates back to the original mini of the 70's.
The shiny silver is real chrome, like the olden minis.
I didn't want an STi which is also about 6K more expensive. I wanted something different, unique. I don't like the styling of the sube and the quality isn't up to the specs of the little bimmer. The mini may be a small car, but its very solid and of high quality.
There is also lots of room inside. I have lots of headroom (6'3") and more legroom than the xB, but not the back seat room... I plan on tracking the mini as it really makes for a great little race car without many additional mods. Will see...
Old 07-01-2005, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Cool car. I had origianlly wanted one of them when they first came out. I am happy with my xB though. I say keep both and switch off every other day. Enjoy!
Old 07-01-2005, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heres my boss' mini S & my xB. and yes, i took it for quit a spin around the canyons. it sure hugs the road as if its a slot car. 80mph in 3rd gear and still 3 more gears to go! he's thinking of the conv. now. ohhh, maybe i can put this one in my stable
Old 07-01-2005, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HumanTorch
heres my boss' mini S & my xB. and yes, i took it for quit a spin around the canyons. it sure hugs the road as if its a slot car. 80mph in 3rd gear and still 3 more gears to go! he's thinking of the conv. now. ohhh, maybe i can put this one in my stable
Great picture! I like your xB... like the way you did the black trim on the front facia.. looks very nice! I have to deal with break-in before I see what it can do...
Old 07-01-2005, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the box looks better than your bosses coop.

the entry below the foglight.. did you do that yourself?

sen-

(what intake do you have?)
Old 07-01-2005, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I missed my MIN.
But I have a box now
Old 07-01-2005, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Mini

Great lookin' ride. I too considered one.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Max

Aah don't forget about those of us who work hard all the time, yet can't get a job, and then one of their parents gets ran over by an old lady and is probably out of work forever (as if it weren't hard enough to pay our bills as it is, now we have more.) But I digress....nice mini, I've always wanted one slightly more than an xB, though I'm too friggin' poor to afford either. Just watch out for g face!
Old 07-01-2005, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sensez
the box looks better than your bosses coop. the entry below the foglight.. did you do that yourself? sen- (what intake do you have?)
thanks! and yes thats my "MO AIR" intake port. (sounds very hi mod, but its not )
port allowing more air to my INJEN RD2501P to gain 0whp
Old 07-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by StrudelNinja
Originally Posted by Max

Aah don't forget about those of us who work hard all the time, yet can't get a job, and then one of their parents gets ran over by an old lady and is probably out of work forever (as if it weren't hard enough to pay our bills as it is, now we have more.) But I digress....nice mini, I've always wanted one slightly more than an xB, though I'm too friggin' poor to afford either. Just watch out for g face!
Whoa! Sorry to hear about your luck. My post was directed at those who seem to whine about being broke, yet are the same ones who didn't work hard in school to better themselves. I am not point fingers at anyone here, I'm just making a point that with hard work (usually) come rewards. I know too many people who didn't go to school, yet expect the world to be given to them, then complain when it isn't. I hold a grudge against some friends of mine who behaved this same way. They quit college to make what seemed like a fast buck at the time while I worked my tail off, and when I got a good job after 4 years of not having a penny to my name, make snide comments about how "It must be nice" to have a place of my own and a new car. This mentality is far too common. I saw it in one of my jobs in college, at a liquor store midway between the ghetto and a nice neighborhood, same case there with the same mentalities.

Quick Reply: My xB meets mini cooper S