Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Newbie getting xB soon

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member

Default Newbie getting xB soon

Hello all!
I just found this website and decided to join. I'm soon to be getting an xB, woohoo! I really want the Lava Orange version, but they're hard to find and overpriced if found, so I think I"m going with black... When is the next limited edition due out?
I'm already overwhelmed with how many things I want to do to it. I'm going to need another job or something... Anyway, I plan on getting the interior lighting kit (are blue/red exterior neons really illegal?) and one of the steering wheels when I buy it, but thats it for factory mods I think. First on my list are wheels, shocks/springs, exhaust and intake. I already know I'm getting the Injen CAI, but I need to know who makes a good sping/shock kit for about 1.5-2.0" drop? Also, what's the least ricey-sounding exhaust made for this one? Thanks in advance for your replies. I am very excited about joining the Scion world!
Old 06-24-2004, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member

Ok... or thanks for no responses...?
Old 06-24-2004, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member

im new also but as far as the under body lighting being illegal you have to check your state an local law. in pa its illegal to have them on while on the road so you cant really have anything unless its just for show an off the road use .
Old 06-25-2004, 03:47 AM
5 Year Member

yeah, I found out from one of my audiophile friends that here in florida you can have any color except blue and red. Of course the best ones are off limits! So, now... yellow, green, white....purple? I think I'm gonna go with LED underbody lights instead of neon. I've heard they're better in many many ways.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:38 AM
5 Year Member

do you want alot of glow or the light show? neons cover the ground better but the leds you can get tons of functions . being in fl i dont think you need to worry to much about the tubes not kickin on becuase of the cold . but the leds are alot more durible it will come down too what you want out of it
Old 06-25-2004, 12:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the LED under car kits are really neat. I'm putting a blue set on tomorrow(saturday) on my PW XB. red and blue light are only against the law if you drive with them on. you can have them for car shows or just sitting in a parking lot hangin' out. just don't drive with them on.

on a somewhat related note, when we had our 2002 Explorer Sport Trac, we had an Audiovox alarm installed and it comes with a blue status LED. i mounted on top of the dash ( for best visibility). my wife was coming home from work around 11:30 pm and the alarm was in valet( the LED was on constantly). a police officer pulled her over and told her she needed to turn off the LED, it was against the law to be on while she was driving. he said something about seeing the bulb lit up blue was the problem, not the color by itself. huh? what about the alarms with red LED's? i never got pulled over for that. oh well

p.s. welcome to the family. :D