Are others bothered?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Default Are others bothered?

Are there other people that are bothered about the way Scion Corp. gave away all those sets of wheels? I'm seeing way to many people trying to sell them. If they didn't want to use them they should have let people that needed them have them IMO. I'd love to give a set to my Dad for his Yaris.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member

When?Where? I heard nothing about this. What was the deal? Heck, I could've used a set of stocks for the daily commuting.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

capitalism.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I know for a fact that they gave a ton of them away at Scion Exposed at Mid Ohio.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Most of the warehouses were clearing out their stuff for the 1st gen xB and the xA...

Doesn't bother me.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The thing that the should have done is invite the xB and xA owners only and give them away to them. there was way too many tc people, and they are trying to get close to reg price for them.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

WHAT?!?!

aww man
Old 08-04-2008, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by kewlbox
The thing that the should have done is invite the xB and xA owners only and give them away to them. there was way too many tc people, and they are trying to get close to reg price for them.
Thanks, that was more of what I wanted to say.
A friend from KY ended up with a set of 15X5.5" ones from an xA. He's gonna use them but would have loved to get the other ones.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, I'd take a free set of wheel covers...used even...
Old 08-04-2008, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i got a set of them at Exposed here in DFW. I and using them as my winter wheels instead of my steelies, and game my steelies to a member in my club that needed them.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Seven City Scions
SL Member

ummmmmmm what are we talking about? What rims? Th stock 15in alloys, or TRD 18's either way... I have bought quite a few things from guys who won the stuff at Scion events. Fogs, scion security, floor mats, appliques... but I got the stuff at like 65-75% less than dealership price so I'm not really complaining. It sounds like you're asking people to give stuff away for free or something... You do know you're in America right? People are stealing sewer top lids right now and selling them for scrap metal bro. What makes you think you're going to get free rims lol
Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm just bothered that I didn't get a set. I them marked pretty high on my wish list scion sent out. I got other stuff that I wanted, but I could have used a set for pre winter.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Default Re: Are others bothered?

Originally Posted by bB2NER
Are there other people that are bothered about the way Scion Corp. gave away all those sets of wheels? I'm seeing way to many people trying to sell them. If they didn't want to use them they should have let people that needed them have them IMO. I'd love to give a set to my Dad for his Yaris.
I feel ya on that. I know it feels good to win, but if you have no use for it, give it back.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by SEXB909
I feel ya on that. I know it feels good to win, but if you have no use for it, give it back.
Right you nailed it. I've won a bunch of stuff that I couldn't use so I either asked others around me if they would actually use it or would then give it away to someone that needed it. I never thought about just keeping it and trying to make a buck off it. Maybe I'm weird like that.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm still rockin' steelies... the only thing that bothers me is that I didn't get a free set of nicer wheels.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by SEXB909
Right you nailed it. I've won a bunch of stuff that I couldn't use so I either asked others around me if they would actually use it or would then give it away to someone that needed it. I never thought about just keeping it and trying to make a buck off it. Maybe I'm weird like that.
that is because you a better person then some of the others who try to profit......
Old 08-05-2008, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anywhere you go there are more tC owners. every show.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This happened a few years ago with the leather steering wheels from what I have been told too-I have always wanted one but now these people are selling them for like $150. I have a leather tC wheel-just need the echo/yaris airbag and then I will be set but would definitely have gone for the scion xb leather wheel if it had been free (even in red)
Old 08-05-2008, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by greybox
This happened a few years ago with the leather steering wheels from what I have been told too-I have always wanted one but now these people are selling them for like $150. I have a leather tC wheel-just need the echo/yaris airbag and then I will be set but would definitely have gone for the scion xb leather wheel if it had been free (even in red)
That's how I got my red wheel. It was given to me by a friend. Later the club got like 3 more and everyone was practically fighting over them so they could sell them on ebay. I just kinda shook my head in disgust.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by greybox
That's how I got my red wheel. It was given to me by a friend. Later the club got like 3 more and everyone was practically fighting over them so they could sell them on ebay. I just kinda shook my head in disgust.
I never sold mine, I used it in DOA for a few weeks when I first got it, and now I gave it to our lone xA owner cause he is doing red stuff on it. I am happy to help someone out like that that is so envoled with the car as the rest of us.

Quick Reply: Are others bothered?