First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

quick question about buying a xb

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default quick question about buying a xb

ok so febuary first I am going to the dealership to buy my xb and I was wondering how long does it usually take for you to get it?
Old 01-16-2005, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it all depends on what they have in stock and what they plan on receiving on their next shipment. Good luck and congrats in advance ;)
Old 01-16-2005, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

That all depends on the dealership. There are options to chose, financing terms to agree on, car clean-up, etc. It usually takes a few hours to make sure everything is done right.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

The one I wanted was on the lot, so it took me 3 days to get it. I live like 45 min from the dealership and they told me at 10 in the morning it was ready (it wasnt). i finally got it at about 6 oclock. hey its better than waiting weeks like some. good luck and congrats on thinking inside the box
Old 01-16-2005, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hope I dont have to wait a long time because i have been waiting so long to get one haha
Old 01-16-2005, 05:46 AM
VGB
5 Year Member

if you have a color/trans in mind I would call them before hand and tell them you are serious about buying

when we went to test drive one ( just looking), there were no auto trannys, then once we called before hand and said we were interested in color x with transmission y, and ready to buy, they magically found one out in the back of their lot a week later.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It depends upon a few factors.... how's your credit score? If it is excellent (730+) then you have a lot of clout when you talk with a salesman. If it isn't excellent, then try securing a loan ahead of time with your financial institution. (Build the xB you want online... that will give you a good ballpark figure to work with)

When you are ready to buy, if there is more than one dealership you will be visiting, start with the closest one and tell them up-front what you are looking for (color, trans, options) and ask them if they have it in stock. If not, go to the next one. Make the rounds and see if any have the one you want on the lot. Make it clear to them that you are actually going to buy "today" if they have the one you want.

Some may suggest calling, but I have found that a disembodied phone call carries no weight... but an honest to goodness customer on the lot does. ;)

If none of them have the one you want, go back to the dealership that seemed to be the most helpful, and best equipped to service your vehicle and place the order with them.

I drove down with my 01 Hyundai Sonata, had the appropriate paperwork for it (like registration, title, etc.) Stopped at the first dealership on my list...and within 4.5 hours of driving on to the dealer's lot, I drove away with a new 05 xB. It CAN happen! :D
Old 01-16-2005, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was in and out in 45 minutes (on the second visit, that is :D)
Old 01-16-2005, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

if you know what color you want, don't let them sell you a different one from there lot. my salesguy kept trying to sell me the silver one i test drove when i told him i wanted white. luckily my brother was along and kept kicking me to stand my ground. they might tell you they can get you a better deal for what's on the lot but that's the good thing about the no-haggle pricing.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member

Default xb

it took me about 2 hrs from the second we walked inside until i drove home. my luck they had just what i wanted sitting outside. like it was waitin 4 me ha ha ha :D
Old 01-17-2005, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

getting the xB shouldn't take long. you may be able to walk in that day and find one you are looking for
Old 01-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Ordered mine. The color, trans I wanted was on the boat when I did. I wanted a lot of options, but since they put those on at the port, it wasn't an issue. Got it in about 3 weeks.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by tcperconti
It depends upon a few factors.... how's your credit score? If it is excellent (730+) then you have a lot of clout when you talk with a salesman. If it isn't excellent, then try securing a loan ahead of time with your financial institution. (Build the xB you want online... that will give you a good ballpark figure to work with)
My credit is about average. I went this route and tried to secure a loan from a few banks before getting my car. But the Scion dealer got me a loan far better than any of the banks, at less than half their interest rate! I looked over the loan details and I couldn't find any loopholes, it really was that much better than what the banks were offering me.

As for how long it takes to get the Scion, I could have had mine that day, except I came in after the parts shop was closed, so I got it the next day. I got lucky with them having my color and tranny instock. Most (all?) of the official Scion add-ons, dealers stock and can put on right when you buy the car.