Default Scions hitting AZ

Alot of the dealers here in the phoenix area are getting their demos this week
Old 03-27-2004, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Scions hitting AZ

Originally Posted by elzy0000
It's too bad we already got ours
Oh well, saves us the frustration of having to deal with the crappy dealers here in AZ

Jason
Old 03-27-2004, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jgayda666
Originally Posted by elzy0000
It's too bad we already got ours
Oh well, saves us the frustration of having to deal with the crappy dealers here in AZ

Jason
My biggest fear was that the dealers here would load 'em up with too many extras that I don't want, inflating the price. Part of the reason why I didn't wait and got mine January 17th from Carson.

Sean
Old 03-28-2004, 01:10 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Bicepeak
My biggest fear was that the dealers here would load 'em up with too many extras that I don't want, inflating the price. Part of the reason why I didn't wait and got mine January 17th from Carson.

Sean

Just drove by that Toyota place on Frank Lloyd Right (N Scottsdale)
they've got a white xB for well over 20K, it's got ALL kinds of extra "____" on it
.....I feel sorry for the people in AZ

Jason
Old 03-28-2004, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

20gs!? they're crazy.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sean

Just drove by that Toyota place on Frank Lloyd Right (N Scottsdale)
they've got a white xB for well over 20K, it's got ALL kinds of extra "____" on it
.....I feel sorry for the people in AZ

Jason
Maybe it just a case of the 1st ones here. Dealers do that with other new models too.
You hardly ever see the base models with few options at first.
We can only hope thats the case.

Sean
Old 03-28-2004, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member

Maybe it just a case of the 1st ones here. Dealers do that with other new models too.

Sean

That or a case of greedy ___ dealer syndrome
I swear, those people would sell their mothers for a profit if they could

Jason
Old 03-28-2004, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sean

That or a case of greedy ___ dealer syndrome
I swear, those people would sell their mothers for a profit if they could
I share your distaste for dealers in general.

I remember when the Matrix came out (About ready to buy one until I heard of the xB!) One dealer had a base model with $2000 worth of tires and wheels installed on the car. I noticed when I visited the dealer a couple a times after that ,it was still there. Didn't exactly fly off the lot in that form.

Sean
Old 03-28-2004, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i posted a day ago bout my test drive at big two toyota...the salesman i talked actually didnt push the whole make a deposit and you'll be the first one to get it in june...he was just another fan of the scion cars and was actually talking about what he would do if he got one...but i came back today for the xA test drive, a different salesman approached me and threw in the deposit pitch...just walked away from him and looked for the guy i talked to before ...i hate salesmen like that

JC
Old 03-28-2004, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by az_pinoy
i posted a day ago bout my test drive at big two toyota...the salesman i talked actually didnt push the whole make a deposit and you'll be the first one to get it in june...he was just another fan of the scion cars and was actually talking about what he would do if he got one...but i came back today for the xA test drive, a different salesman approached me and threw in the deposit pitch...just walked away from him and looked for the guy i talked to before ...i hate salesmen like that

JC
I have never been a fan of Big 2 Toyota.

I am not sure how Scion Dealers will work in AZ, but here is what I would do if I were you.
First, go to Scion.com and design your Scion they way you want it and PRINT OUT your price sheet to take to the dealer. Don't ever, ever let the salesman make you pay more than Scion.com says you should pay for the car OR the accesories.

Then, enter a search on the internet for Scion dealers. You will find several search sites. Use them to find quotes from different dealers. I have found that internet sales people are much easier and fairer to deal with. Perhaps the Scion people will be the same.

When I was shopping for the Matrix (which in the end I didn't buy), I came in contact with a very nice internet/fleet sales guy at Tempe Toyota. He told me that Scott Toyota in Scottsdale made the highest DOLLAR amounts in sales, but Tempe Toyota sold the most VOLUME. In other words if you want to pay the highest price, go to Scott Toyota.

Also, before you even get started with the sale, find out what all their added on fees will be. When I bought my car at Carson Toyota, they were $40 for doc fees and few dollars more some other fees.

Or , you could just do what I did, order the car just the way you want it from Carson Scion (ask for Adrianne), take a cheap Southwest flight to LA. Adrianne will pick you up at the airport. Pick up your car and drive your new Scion home to AZ! Just avoid the urge to push this fun car and observe your break-in by varying your speeds.

Sean
Old 03-28-2004, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Hello to my fellow and soon to be "Scionists". I've heard from a couple of you already in PM.

I just joined the forum this past week and will be getting my xB in 9 days and counting.
Longo has a camo auto w/upgrades being installed currently.

Seems I planned the purchase just right. It'll be fun driving what others can't get yet.
I'll have to stop/drive by the dealers and check them out.

I too am pleased to not have to deal locally. Verone was the best in making my buy easy.

Look forward to hearing from or meeting up with everyone and the upcoming owners as we grow here in AZ.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionXb
Hello to my fellow and soon to be "Scionists". I've heard from a couple of you already in PM.

I just joined the forum this past week and will be getting my xB in 9 days and counting.
Longo has a camo auto w/upgrades being installed currently.

Seems I planned the purchase just right. It'll be fun driving what others can't get yet.
I'll have to stop/drive by the dealers and check them out.

I too am pleased to not have to deal locally. Verone was the best in making my buy easy.

Look forward to hearing from or meeting up with everyone and the upcoming owners as we grow here in AZ.
Don't forget to join the registry as soon as you get it....

Sean
Old 03-28-2004, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Scinergy

JC
That's why you always have to ask for your salesman, and don't forget that these people are getting paid by commission so it's just fair for us consumers to ask for whoever have helped us already.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
Scinergy

JC
That's why you always have to ask for your salesman, and don't forget that these people are getting paid by commission so it's just fair for us consumers to ask for whoever have helped us already.