Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

security system problem (open door light stays on)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 04:19 AM
5 Year Member

Default security system problem (open door light stays on)

Hey, I tried to check the forums for past occurences of this, but I just brought my xB back from the dealer who just installed the alarm system into the car. Now for some reason my open door light on my dash stays on even when all the doors are closed (the light, however, is about 1/3rd as bright as it would be if the doors were open). I called the dealer and they said I have to bring it back when their security system guy is there on Tuesday - which is a major hassle cause I work 8-5 daily. They said they haven't seen this problem before initially but when he spoke to his supervisor he said they just had one previous situation where this happened.

My question is...anyone know what causes this/how to fix it? Any way I could take care of it myself to save the hassle of having to bring it back to the dealer. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Sucks for the dealer that I haven't gotten my customer satisfaction survey yet.......
Old 04-10-2005, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

wiring issue bring it back...he completed a circuit that sends a constant hot to the light
Old 04-11-2005, 12:37 AM
tws
5 Year Member

It sounds like he tapped the wire that sends the door ajar signal, and didn't use a diode for the new wire. The wire is either a negative or positive. trigger, negative most likely...

the wire he tapped into it, is most likely bleeding a very small amount of signal back into the door ajar signal wire... this is why its on but dim. the diode needs to be wired inline with the new wire... so that signal can only pass one way, to the alarm, as oposed to both ways causing the false door ajar signal.

should be an easy fix... good luck.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member

thanks for the replies...i just dropped it off so it should be done tomorrow. what i dont like is that they told me originally security systems could only be installed on mondays and fridays...so i get it installed on a friday, find this problem, call them right away, and the guy tells me, ok well youll have to bring it in on tuesday...the security system guy is only in on tuesday....if hes only in on tuesday then who put the thing in my car when i brought it? probably just some guy, and thats why i had the problem and have to bring it back. needless to say im not too happy with the service department, which sucks for them because i havent gotten my customer satisfaction survey yet.

to top it all off too, i am an analyst for the bank that i had my old car loan at, so i can check my accounts with the bank daily. i bought the car 2 weeks ago, and they still havent paid off my trade in. i called them a few days ago, and the guy said they were having problems getting an address and a payoff figure...if i didnt call them i would have had to make a payment on a car i dont even own anymore...i still might if they dont get the payoff check there!
Old 04-12-2005, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member

just picked up the car. apparently they crossed some wires...probably took them 3 minutes to fix, but i had to leave it all day cause i work 8-5...had to drive my mom's minivan all day
Old 04-12-2005, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Admin Emeritus
SL Member

well at least you got your car back 7 now everything works.