Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Short trip review

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member

Default Short trip review

Took my stock xB from Memphis to N. Little Rock and back this morning to visit some old friends. Which is about 2 hours each way.

It sure is easy to creep slowly up to 85 without noticing it. Still feels like your just cruising along. 90 seems a bit fast and she shimmies a bit hitting 100. wonder if them sway bars would help that any ;)

Of course, with all the surface area, passing semi's or getting in just the right spot behind one can buffet you about a bit. Nothing serious but noticable.

Couldn't have been more comfortable the whole trip. No back pain or neck strain or even sore muscles. Which is unusual for me.

Used cruise control on the way down and didn't on the way back. Cruise control held her pretty steady the whole trip. Using the Accel button however threw my rpm way up and accelerated a bit harder than I like. On the way back it was easy to keep a steady speed with your foot. Accelerates pretty good up to 70 but any faster than that is a slow increase enough to pass the 65's and 70's but not zippy by a long shot.

Having an armrest is almost a must on a long trip. I have the Boomerang and it worked great, if a bit low. The grocery bag hooks also came in handy to hang my mini cooler strap off of so it wasn't cluttering up the front but was still within easy reach for when i got thirsty. The drink holders being effectively out of reach while driving in dense traffic are about the only negative thing I can think of.

Anyways, just thought I'd share.