First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Solar Yellow!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

While driving my work mates to lunch last week, one of them commented that I owned
a little bus. Everyone started laughing. When I pointed out that I was the driver and
they where the passengers, things got real quiet.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

BumbleBox, the only thing about your car that will make it "girlie" is the Hello Kitty sticker you plan to put on it. If you ask me the paint job your planning sounds kinda cool. Its too bad that the box can't handle nos though. That could be your stinger!
Old 04-17-2005, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member

Default Dailydrive

I just got mine on Friday im soo stoked about it its number 1727 goin to be my dailydriver but i plan to get some JDM goodies for it and show it
Old 04-17-2005, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member

I use mine for daily driving.
SR 2.0 #1100
INJEN COLD AIR INTAKE SYS
Riding on 17inch Veloche Verzio's
TRD lowering springs (1 1/2 lower)
TRD sport muffeler
TYC rear tail lights
Yellow stut bar
If you want to see a pic of it do a search in the member gallery under "Solar Yellow #1100"
Old 04-17-2005, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Germain Scion of Naples has 2 sitting on their lot right now. One manual and one automatic. Just picked up ours from there last week #993. I think it's funny that dealership got a total of 4 Solar Yellows so far.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProjectFusion
Germain Scion of Naples has 2 sitting on their lot right now. One manual and one automatic. Just picked up ours from there last week #993. I think it's funny that dealership got a total of 4 Solar Yellows so far.
Whaaat?! The dealership I bought mine from said there were no automatics left in the country!!! That jerk! I wanted an auto so bad, I suck at 5-speed!

Grrrrrr.

One fun thing though - I got honked at by a silver xB driver today hehe I feel like I'm in some kind of special little club! Wee!
Old 04-17-2005, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default bumble=bee got a scion xb in solar yellow

you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!enjoy it your gonna love it so much, the car runs perfectly wonderful.......................check my profile to see what idea's you can upgrade, and don't do it thru the dealer,,,,,,go online e-bay,, allscion, scionlife, and their are many many other places to upgrade with,,,,,,,,,,,,,from divinexb
Old 04-18-2005, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member

Don't stress of the 5 speed, two weeks and you won't even think about it, and as manuals go this one is very forgiving. Then you'll be on the other side of the fence never want to auto again. My girlfriend refuses to even think about an auto and she has bad shoulder and should not be driving manuals if she can avoid it. (doctors "suggestion"). She'll write with her left and switch her mouse hand but not give up her 3 footed driving. She'll even drive my Probe witha short shifter on it so low you can scrape you hand on the console. So notchy that even with a 2 pound shift **** you still have to really hit it hard and she'll get out rubbing her shoulder but grinning ear to ear.

As for the original question on the post. Dairly driver but I'll make if my own. Wheels sound, and a few accents.

Number 1111. That's 15 in binary, (I don't know why I find that so funny.)
Old 04-18-2005, 10:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

1st mod was painting license tag frames black, 18 " wheels and tires arrived next morning by UPS, console a week later, still thinking about which ventshades, sunroof and other mods to make, removed Scion & XB logo from tailgate last night, was going to leave it, but people were baffled at to what it was before, now they won't know @ all, (also wanted to do it before paint fade) just over 1,000 miles, gas mileage 24.9(85 mph) extended run, to 31 normal up to 33 putting around.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Originally Posted by BumbleBox
What I *want* to do...

This thing is going to be called the Bumble Box (obviously!). I want to get a black carbon fiber hood, 17-18" wheels, K&N filter (little thing but I want one), black bands up the side and over the roof and down the other side (for bee stripes!), paint the calipers and valve cover yellow, yellow strut brace and intake, and... The girliest thing of all... A graphic on the back window (or even on the hood!) of Hello Kitty in a bumble bee suit!!

That's all I've got planned for now... Don't know if I will ever get all of it done, but I would love to!
I'd like to see pics of your BumbleBox after you get the Carbon Fiber Hood on it. I was wondering how good it would look on the Solar Yellow. I was considering it for mine but wasn't sure how it would look.

Sounds like you've got a great plan so far with mods that you want to do. I think it's great that you are going for a girly look. after all you are a girl. Do things that you are going to like and who cares what anyone else thinks. Its great to see more women buying Boxes.....
Old 04-18-2005, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't believe more girls aren't going for the Box! Then again most girls go mushy over Jettas and crap *barf*
Old 04-18-2005, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Too bad there aren't more women like you here in phoenix. I've seen a few cute gals driving box's but see more guys than girls driving them. Its pretty hot seeing a cutie (female that is) driving a box.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here in Spokane there are a TON of old people driving the xB. It makes me crazy *lol* Before I got my box, I saw a REAAAALY old couple driving a Solar Yellow one!!! It kinda ____ed me off!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

#214 here. We've had it since March 5th with dealer add-ons of red interior lighting, Hotchkis strut bar, fog lights, Scion alarm, silver OBX pedal covers, floor mats and rear cargo mat. As of April 15th, we have added 17" Konig Unknown rims with 215/40/17 Toyo Proxes 4 rubber, 2" Gold-Line drop, red neon engine bay lighting, painted the front brake calipers red, and yellow vinyl overlays on rear hatch struts. So much more planned but gonna have to wait until next year.

Here it is bone stock:

Here it is with painted front brake calipers:

A closer look at the calipers:

Here it is with the new rims and tires, no drop:

A closer look at rims and tires, no drop:

Here it is after 2" Gold-Line drop:

A closer look at the drop:

Picture of red neon engine bay lighting:

Yellow vinyl overlays from Randode:

Old 04-18-2005, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow Yelosub I like it... I hope mine turns out as well as yours is
Old 04-19-2005, 03:14 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i have # 395

Mine's a daily driver as well so i'm keeping it simple

As my first mods, i cleared the headlights, and shaved the rear emblems.

2nd, i've ordered some 18"x7.5" Gloss Black w/polished lip Arceo Suzuki-Star's w/ 215/35-18 nanking NS-II's. And also i've ordered some Tanabe DF210 lowering springs (both will be arriving this week)

My next mod will def be with the I.C.E-- Hidden subs, pop up screen dvd/cd/mp3 player, and a fold down plasma screen in the dome for the peeps in the back seat.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:21 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

YELOSUB, props on the wheel choice!! Those are some very nice konigs!
Old 04-19-2005, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member

am i the only one doing 15inch wheels?
15x9 Work Equip 01 wheels.
im painting the stock grill black, i added 02 mitsu eclipse gt fog lights in a "custom" location lol, and took the emblems off, but put the xB up front on the side of the grill, sorta like on the RS civics in japan.
coilovers are next and sway bars.
making my own strut tower bars and lower grills, also getting the Datsun ZG overfender flares to fit soon.

mike
Old 04-19-2005, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm thinkin' about buyin' #692 from the first Toyota dealership in the USA. It's an automatic, which I prefer. I am surprised my wife likes the color and the cloth, since we are leather people. I do have one question for all of you. Will the RS 2.0 hold their resale value better than the other xBs?
Old 04-19-2005, 04:14 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by UBOW
I'm thinkin' about buyin' #692 from the first Toyota dealership in the USA. It's an automatic, which I prefer. I am surprised my wife likes the color and the cloth, since we are leather people. I do have one question for all of you. Will the RS 2.0 hold their resale value better than the other xBs?
I'm curious about that too!

Someone plz answer

Quick Reply: Solar Yellow!