First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Solar Yellow!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Solar Yellow!

Excuse me? Thw xB aint for all the "Y" gen I am 42 and my partner is 47. Comments like:

Here in Spokane there are a TON of old people driving the xB. It makes me crazy *lol* Before I got my box, I saw a REAAAALY old couple driving a Solar Yellow one!!! It kinda ____ed me off!

Are so not need . This car/wagon/ultra mini van. It is a great car. With having three corigies. The room it provides is great. Plus getting 34mpg has alot to do with getting such a usefull car. It also has a retro look that is not to far out the , but just enough. I love my now bB. and I do not give a rats a*s if I am thought to be to old to be driving a cool car

Think before you write these thing as they are hurtful and mean
Bruce C.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Did your daddy by you your box? Punk, Well did he?

Originally Posted by BumbleBox
Here in Spokane there are a TON of old people driving the xB. It makes me crazy *lol* Before I got my box, I saw a REAAAALY old couple driving a Solar Yellow one!!! It kinda ____ed me off!

At 39, I can at least afford the parts I want for my xB. Physical age has nothing to
do with style. At least try to embrace the fact that our xB's are loved by a wide variety
of people from many different backgrounds. That's what makes the Scion culture
worth being a part of. Scions owners should be accepted even if they don't make
a single change or if they invest more money than their house is worth. This being
said, I did scare two very old women driving a camo box the other day when I gave
them a friendly "beep beep" of my horn as passed them on the freeway. I thought
they where going to drive off the road. They looked to be in their 70's. More power
to them. Lets all get together on poke fun at the people who ask if our boxes are
electric powered when they can plainly hear our ricer exhaust load and clear.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Did your daddy by you your box? Punk, Well did he?

Originally Posted by Baine

At 39, I can at least afford the parts I want for my xB. Physical age has nothing to
do with style. At least try to embrace the fact that our xB's are loved by a wide variety
of people from many different backgrounds. That's what makes the Scion culture
worth being a part of. Scions owners should be accepted even if they don't make
a single change or if they invest more money than their house is worth. This being
said, I did scare two very old women driving a camo box the other day when I gave
them a friendly "beep beep" of my horn as passed them on the freeway. I thought
they where going to drive off the road. They looked to be in their 70's. More power
to them. Lets all get together on poke fun at the people who ask if our boxes are
electric powered when they can plainly hear our ricer exhaust load and clear.

Sorry if it was hurtful. I was mad that a 70 (or so) y/o couple got the yellow "sporty-ish" xB before *I* could get it! Scion's are aimed at the younger crowd from all the ads that I see. I also find it funny when older people drive Miatas or ultra sporty cars etc. Oh and giant gas-guzzling SUVs make me mad, no matter WHO drives 'em. And I hate Kias and Suzukis. It's just my silly little opinion!

Oh and P.S. I'm only 24 and I can afford all the things I want to do to my xB. Physical age has nothing to do with how much money you make ;)
Old 04-19-2005, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys relax, until recently the whole marketing behind Scion was to get the younger kids involved. So want to be ____ed at those comments be ____ed at Scion saying that they wanted the younger buyers. ( i even had a expierence at a dealership that was turning away older people)

Also if you're offended by the old comment you need to remember that you're not that old yet. Plus gonna agree with above that money and age shouldn't be an issue either.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default My apologies Bumblebox

Ok, you got me on the money issue. I guess that was a case of the pot calling the
kettle black. Us RS 2.0's got to stick together. My 65 year old father has a Carrera
and a 1926 Model "A" Hotrod. He's always had something like that. No offence
meant, but someday far in the future, I hope your Grandkids think your a cool old bird
sporting around town in a hot car. My kids (5&8) named my car "Ducky" and think
that we have the coolest car the neighborhood. Besides, I don't feel old and my wife
says I certainly don't act my age. So does anyone want to go outside and play.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: My apologies Bumblebox

Ok, you got me on the money issue. I guess that was a case of the pot calling the
kettle black. Us RS 2.0's got to stick together. My 65 year old father has a Carrera
and a 1926 Model "A" Hotrod. He's always had something like that. No offence
meant, but someday far in the future, I hope your Grandkids think your a cool old bird
sporting around town in a hot car. My kids (5& named my car "Ducky" and think
that we have the coolest car the neighborhood. Besides, I don't feel old and my wife
says I certainly don't act my age. So does anyone want to go outside and play.

I apologize for being a jackass hehe I am ALWAYS down for playing!! Do you like bubbles? I just got this SWEET bubble sword... The bubbles it makes are freakin HUGE!
Old 04-19-2005, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I always did like you Spokane girls when I was at WSU.
I miss those summers at Coeur d'alene lake.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a confession... I was raised in Idaho *winces* But I swear I'm over it! I'm a Spokane girl now! hehe

I love the lake. I loved going out there for 4th of July, miss cruising Sherman during the summer... Man now I'm all wistful... Dangit!
Old 04-19-2005, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Tell me about it, I live in Hotlanta now, but grew up sailing around Puget Sound.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

Where i live, i see mad old people driving xB's and xA's, havent seen any in a tC tho. I think it is real cool when i see old folks rollin in SCIONs, my pops is 52 and he loves the xB, he is going to get one in a little while.

Oh yea, i am #912, Solar yellow unite!!
Old 04-19-2005, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

getting the sunroof installed this next week and then fitting the CF hood this weekend. This is on my g/f's #993
Old 04-19-2005, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Big_Bird

"Wonder Twin powers activate! Form of.. STEAM!"

"Peter, we got these rings in a box of Frankenberry."

I freakin love Family Guy!

That's it, I'm starting a Solar Yellow Superhero Club!! we'll have a secret handshake and everything! Whee!!!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

While driving my work mates to lunch last week, one of them commented that I owned
a little bus. Everyone started laughing. When I pointed out that I was the driver and
they where the passengers, things got real quiet.
Thanks for naming your car after me! By the way the plates I ordered for mine read "shrt bus"
Old 04-20-2005, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

That's it, I'm starting a Solar Yellow Superhero Club!! we'll have a secret handshake and everything! Whee!!!
Send my ring ASAP, we have to stick together to take out evil doers with the solar yellow power!!
Old 04-20-2005, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Send my ring ASAP, we have to stick together to take out evil doers with the solar yellow power!!
I'm going to make yellow costumes that you can wear under your regular clothes... And when there is a Solar Yellow owner in distress, you can rip off your regular shirt and show your Solar Yellow Superhero shirt! And fight crime! And fly! And command sea creatures! And have super strength! Go Solar Yellow Team!
Old 04-20-2005, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

SYT all the way. Dont mess with Solar Yellow owners, we will overcome all obsticles. SYT FOR LIFE!!
Old 04-21-2005, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I picked up my RS 02 last night! I didn't buy #692 (it had over 100 demo miles on it). I got #1921 with only one mile on it. Stopped by our kids apartments late last night to show it off. My daughter in law loves yellow.

Plans? I am adding the carbon appliques (except the gas filler door). What do you think if I swap out the spoiler for the carbon spoiler? I think it will tie it all together.

My UBOW will be getting 7-spoke alloys, 6-CD changer, aftermarket cargo cover, blizzard armrests, dark window tint & totes and cargo mat (I haul spare parts for work).

My wife wants to get a vinyl sign for both sides that says "Laidlow" and have a vinyl stop sign to stick on by the gas filler door. Yeah, it looks like a school bus enough already, I don't need to help with the illusion!
Old 04-21-2005, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member

daily plus a new windshield on friday
Old 04-21-2005, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ducky

Thanks for naming your car after me! By the way the plates I ordered for mine read "shrt bus"
Thats what I wanted for my plates but someone in Arizona already has that plate. I've even tried spelling it different and it still was taken. So now I am trying to figure out a good plate for my R.S.2.0
Old 04-21-2005, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Originally Posted by UBOW
Plans? I am adding the carbon appliques (except the gas filler door). What do you think if I swap out the spoiler for the carbon spoiler? I think it will tie it all together.
You should pick up the carbon appliques like this if you can find them........

My Dealer had picked them up for me and told me that there were only like 280 sets of these made.

I'd like to check your box out if you put a carbon spoiler or carbon hood on it.

Quick Reply: Solar Yellow!