Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Sunroof on the xB?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Sunroof on the xB?

I've noticed that a few of the vehicles in the registry have sunroofs added on. I was curious as to where people were finding them, what they cost, and what effects (if any) they have on body rigidity and structural integrity?

It's a real shame that this isn't an accessory available from the factory
Old 06-25-2004, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The dealership had mine done by a company in San Diego. It was supposed to be $1,295, but I got it for free due to some mixups I had to go through. I'm sure they'd be only like $800 if you went straight to the installers.
I have zero rigidity or structural problems that I know of. It looks 100% OEM and works perfectly with no noise or anything, and has a 3 year parts/labor warranty.

I love it!
Old 06-25-2004, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

www.webasto.us/am/en/am_auto_sunroofs.html
Old 06-25-2004, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I payed $1295 I'm verry pleased it Looks OEM and no problems.

Old 06-25-2004, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The dealership here can have them put in for $2200 and it covers front and rear seat but only the front covered portion moves. I won't be getting it, but it is available.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:22 PM
Banned

dude i got myne for $800 from Scion of Santa monica... i love those guys
Old 06-26-2004, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have one and there are slight creases in the roof on the corners of the sunroof. noticable when looked at closely. It looks terrrible in my opinion but I am real picky about that type of stuff. No one else has even noticed though until I point it out and even then they say I am being to picky.

Another guy on here had mentioned something about this happening to his also. Most places use the same sunroof Webasto, so I wouldn't be suprised if all xb's with sunroofs end up like this.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Webasto Sunroof is one of the most reliable units on the market.

Webasto is contracted to many dealerships for OEM installations on vehicles that do not have the option for sun/moon roofs.

The installation may play a key factor on the finish of the "folds" in the fabric near the glass. There are many Webasto installation centers across the nation. The one in Lakewood or Norwalk installed mine and it looks great.

I would recommend this sunroof to anyone. The customer service was awesome and they finished my Scion in a few days. They have so many different kinds that it blew me away. The rep. at the installation center went through all the displays with me to show me what my options were before I even considered the unit.

-Steve
Old 06-26-2004, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

We install the Webasto roofs all the time. Our dealership offers them for $1495...they're 1 touch slide/tilt and if you leave your car with the roof open it closes on its own.
Old 06-26-2004, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's fine on the inside. I can see creases on the outside on the roof. It was perfectly smooth but a few weeks ago I noticed that it isn't perfect anymore.

I think it's the thin alumminum foil roof that is affected. You think it's an installer issue? I have been meaing to talk to them. They are certified webasto installers so the install should be covered right? Do you think I have any recourse?
Old 06-26-2004, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh! I read your post wrong, I thought you said the fabric is creased!

If it really bugs you, bring it back to them. At least you'll find out if they can do anything about it!

I don't have any noticeable creases on my roof. It's perfectly smooth to me.

-Steve
Old 06-26-2004, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have one and there are slight creases in the roof on the corners of the sunroof
Hey dude, can you post some pics of those roof creases. I remember you posting about this a while ago and it made me think twice about cutting through the roof rib that goes between the A pillars. Are you sure that it is creases in the metal or could it possibly be that the paint got separated from the metal while they were cutting and bundled up a bit? If its the paint then maybe you could complain to Webasto about the install and they or the installers would reimburse you for the paint job. Probably not, but worth a shot.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

On rereading your post I think I was confused. The creases were on the sunroof not on the corners of the xB roof that frames the Webasto. Right? If so, forget my last post.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Minsk99
On rereading your post I think I was confused. The creases were on the sunroof not on the corners of the xB roof that frames the Webasto. Right? If so, forget my last post.
No you are correct, the creases are on the xb roof. I will try to take a pic. It might be hard to get enough detail. It's not that noticable except to me I guess. Small ripples / creases..

here is the old thread you were refering to.. not me. I'm #2 with this issue I guess.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12372