Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Survey.. xB users what made you choose xB?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member

Default Survey.. xB users what made you choose xB?

I'm in a consumer behavior class and I have to do a survey as part of my project... xB was the topic me and my partner chose... so i need a little help you guys ... just 4 simple questions

Sex

What was the biggest factor in you buying the xB

Did you keep your xB simple or go all out with accessories

add anything else you'd like... i have to include things on social class, family and subcultures, but i dont want to ask you guys to get too personal.. but if u feel like it be my guest.... THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Old 04-30-2006, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Sex: yes please.

The car is the best Balance between style and function.
It is good on gas.
It is square.

I got a few accessories.

I am a middle class white boy.
My parents divorced when i was 12.
My mother died when i was 23 so i sat on the life insurance money she left me until my old car broke, then i bought an xB.
My father is 60 yrs. old and has the same number of broken bones due to his affinity for horses and motorcycles.
I have some tattoos and i like graffitti art.
I dislike country music.
I am an artist and currently have a job as a dog walker.

You're welcome.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:23 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Survey.. xB users what made you choose xB?

Originally Posted by lushladiva
I'm in a consumer behavior class and I have to do a survey as part of my project... xB was the topic me and my partner chose... so i need a little help you guys ... just 4 simple questions

Sex : 46
What was the biggest factor in you buying the xB : 1. price 2.Toyota 3. Dare to be differentDid you keep your xB simple or go all out with accessories: I purchased from e-bay, and he had a lot of accessories included.
add anything else you'd like... I just love this car, it has been fun to drive. We are middle class I'm Hispanic, he's not , church going..work 2 jobs i have to include things on social class, family and subcultures, but i dont want to ask you guys to get too personal.. but if u feel like it be my guest.... THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Old 04-30-2006, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't bought an xB yet, but am set on getting one...plus I have already bought parts for it so

Age - 18

Sex - Male

What was the biggest factor in you buying the xB - 30+ MPG, looks great, tons of aftermarket support, lots-o-storage (college next year), it's ORIGINAL (I used to be into Honda's)

Did you keep your xB simple or go all out with accessories - I've already got some parts for my future xB...DF210's and Strup V2.0 axleback. Coming soon, Track-R's

edit: I guess I will give some personal info, too.

Parents divorced when I was 5, they both ride motorcycles, I just started last year, I have a CBR 600 F4i, I love art, movies, and music (however I suck at them all) I used to skateboard, I make good grades, I'm cheap, always looking for something to buy for my car/motorcycle.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member

Age: 41 but my dad who is 72 wanted to buy one even before I got this. They almost got one but we put them in a Camary two years ago just to be more "normal" My 15-25 year old nephews are split on whether they like it.

Sex : Male

What was the biggest factor in you buying the xB: It is Unique and ability to mod know that I also like the Sprinter Van though--my wife refused to go that different she has a Suburban, Gas Mileage, Room, Price,

Did you keep your xB simple or go all out with accessories: Doing some mods. Shocks, Rear Bar, Front Strut, Sound Deadening RAAMAT worked great!, few others and plan to mod through the years to keep it ever changing with the excitement of something new.

First time in 25 years without a Honda (except a riding mower) Traded an Accord for xB. Looked at Civic (better highway mileage and power) but more $ and didn't like the cramped feel as driver or less rear seat room. xB is great access and room in the backseat and driver position is awesome. I wish there were just a few more inches of luggage room as I can't get the double stroller in the trunk by just a few inches.

Love all the information about it on the web and the multitude of aftermarket things.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Age 24

Sex MALE

What was the biggest factor in you buying the xB: Bang for the buck.....I had my license suspended when I had my CR-X and this was a car that was impossible to go fast in......I always said that Scion would pay in the event that I got a speeding ticket...lol...but overall, the value of the car

Did you keep your xB simple or go all out with accessories: Simple but the parts were put together well....I dident go for the bling factor....I like my cars to be as discreat as possible....I went with genuine parts like WORK Wheels, GAB and Blitz....
Old 05-01-2006, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SEX: Male

Biggest Factor for Buying the xB: Definitely the unique style, and I was moving from a full size truck to a small car, didn't want to feel "crowded" inside...Boy did I hit the nail on the head..lol So much room it echos...also the MPG...and the standard features for the price can't be beat.

Did you keep your xB simple or go all out with accessories?: Was going to keep it simple, however $3200.00 later It isn't so "simple", Wheels, stereo, tint, too many other things to mention and have more things on a wish list.

I really did buy the xB just after sitting in it at the car show after Christmas. Went the next day to the Dealer, drove it down the street and that was it... it was parked in my garage that afternoon. Never one single regret...handles like a sports car, lots of head and foot room, just too many things to add. I really love a strangers first reaction to it too..lol.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Um older

Biggest thing for me was gas mileage then style.
I didnt really know that much about the xB when I bought it but I never thought it could be this much fun to drive.I love the motor and its so fun and easy to mod these things.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Sex: Male

different
cheap

ummm, would (amount spent for car) < (amount spent on accessories) count

add anything else you'd like... i have to include things on social class, family and subcultures, but i dont want to ask you guys to get too personal.. but if u feel like it be my guest.... THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Old 05-01-2006, 04:09 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Age 25

Sex MALE

What was the biggest factor in you buying the xB:
i have wanted one since they came out in Japan. they are just so oddly shaped- i love them! honestly, the biggest factor in me purchasing one was the reliability.

Did you keep your xB simple or go all out with accessories:
well, i took delivery and it was completly stock, but i bought the RS 3.0, so it was pretty hooked up from the factory. but i do have plans for the future like wheels, suspension work, I/H/E, more monitors, adding my xbox, and lots of other show type stuff.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Male

Styling
Fuel mileage
Toyota
Cost

Wheels, A/V system, tint, springs, LEDs, etc.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sex: F
Like the other guy said, the xB gives you the best “bang for your buck.” I like the original styling -- it really grows on you. Also important was the fuel efficiency and amount of cargo space inside. I’ve always owned Toyotas before for their reliability -- I do not want a high maintenance car!
Did you keep your xB simple or go all out with accessories:
Somewhere in between, but leaning towards the all out. First new car and I’m discovering my inner tuner. Or at least trying. You can see my profile for the list. (Just click on the colored bar under our avatars to see all our mods.) It’s still a work in progress.

Middle class white girl from the Midwest. Grew up in what is now known as a “blended” family (lets just say we averaged 5 kids at home) so I learned the value of a dollar early. The idea of spending the same amount as a down payment on a house for a car makes me a bit queasy.

I probably wouldn’t mind answering some more ?s. PM me.

Good luck on you project!
Old 05-01-2006, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

27/M

Biggest factor: room/mileage/toyota quality.

Simple for now, mods to improve ride and mileage coming.

Middle class, Caucasion. Professional.

Good luck on the project!
Old 05-01-2006, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Age - 54

Sex - M

What was the biggest factor in you buying the xB - Best available combination of easy ingress/egress, upright seating, economy and quality. The first two factors important because of my wife's bad back.

Did you keep your xB simple or go all out with accessories - Simple. Stock auto, plus arm rest, rear bumper applique, mats, and security system. The "modability" of the car was not a factor in our decision.

RichC
Old 05-01-2006, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Age 53

Sex At least three times (three grown-up kids)

What was the biggest factor in you buying the xB Practicality, practicality, practicality

Did you keep your xB simple or go all out with accessories SIMPLE

add anything else you'd like...

I'm a cheap bastard and the xB appeals from that perspective like no other car I've had. The fact that it's a FUN car, a UNIQUE car, a COMFORTABLE car makes it that much more desireable, but more than anything else, it's the return for the cost that drove me into buying my xB. I drive it for commuting and hauling stuff home . . . .
Old 05-01-2006, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sex
male

Gas mileage, price, size and look.

Bought it from the dealer with NO accessories, got a few of the SCION accessories from ebay

social class i would say is upper middle. my other car is a hummer h2 (go figure) but wanted something more nimble and easy to park here in manhattan. my parents are indian, came to the US in the late 60s as tree huggin' hippies but i was born and raised here all 26 years.

hth, playa.
- sh00k
Old 05-01-2006, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

age 29
sex male
bought car because of space gas mileage and the cheep insurance rates
i went all out but with aftermarket products the only part from the dealer is the cai
Old 05-01-2006, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Male.
Married. Daughter. Student, and work full time.
Reasons for my xB purchase: Low price. I like Toyota vehicles. Unique style ( at least at the time). I don't want an SUV, but I like sitting high enough to not be staring into the bumper of the car in front of me. Thankful for the great mileage now that gas is $3.25 for regular.
Was never into modding before, but now it's become some kind of sick obsession- to the point where I wonder if I'll ever be satisfied enough to leave the car alone for more than 2 months.
Bought my car stock, except for 18' rims...Have changed almost everything since.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Age 42

Sex M

What was the biggest factor in you buying the xB 1. Interior room/layout 2. Price 3. Looks 4. Gas mileage

Did you keep your xB simple or go all out with accessories I have the rs3 so it is pretty loaded, but I have added the Yakima rack, amber LED interior lights (both factory), the TRD Envy Green strut bar and the standoff home-made front license bracket (found the instructions here on SL)

add anything else you'd like... Cauc. male, married, one child (who digs the dvd system in the rs3.0). Middle class management weenie (Ricky Gervais' "David Brent" could have been modelled directly from me, even down to the pudginess and Van Dyke).

THANKS IN ADVANCE! You are welcome!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Whys??

Ok here goes for your info...

Sex : hell yea!!,,,,ok ok,,,Male

Biggest Factor? Its a funky, cool vehicle that excels at nothing, but does everything
just right (gas mileage, room, handling, fun to drive, easy payments)
It is the POLITICALLY CORRECT SUV!

Simple or All Out? Somewhere in-between

Quick Reply: Survey.. xB users what made you choose xB?