who has the fastest xB?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mpmicale
Mine's the fastest. Hands down.
heard this many many times from many many people. care to share slips from a race or 2? how about a dyno sheet or 2?

since you don't seem to have anything listed for those of us that would like to see proof of your claim. maybe you could post up a profile ? let us all know what your secret is ?

or just thread talk ?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL @ finding the fastest xB. that's like trying to find the quickest snail or the fastest turtle.

yeah, one or a few are gonna be faster than the most but does it really matter? l0l0l
- sh00k
Old 06-19-2007, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by OldYeller
Originally Posted by nerdsports
Originally Posted by OldYeller
FWD Racing????? another oxymoron.........
are you living under a rock?

why are old people, such as yourself, so ignorant?
Perhaps you can enlighten the old one on some sanctioned races that use front wheel drive cars........street racing Hondas don't count.
I cant believe you havent heard of Hondas and other FWDs drag racing.

Here is my friend's 99 Civic hatchback. He ran a 10.2 @ 144mph.

In his class, there are other cars that are much faster. Several are running mid-9s and trapping 155-169mph.

http://www.nhrasportcompact.com/
Old 06-19-2007, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by frogbox
heard this many many times from many many people. care to share slips from a race or 2? how about a dyno sheet or 2?

since you don't seem to have anything listed for those of us that would like to see proof of your claim. maybe you could post up a profile ? let us all know what your secret is ?

or just thread talk ?
I figured, since nobody has really said that they are the fastest. I might as well have it...I don't race nor do I care.

I do agree with everyone else though. Finding the fastest xb is like finding bigfoot. It is a mythical thing that doesn't truly exist.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

or just thread talk ?
I figured, since nobody has really said that they are the fastest. I might as well have it...I don't race nor do I care.

I do agree with everyone else though. Finding the fastest xb is like finding bigfoot. It is a mythical thing that doesn't truly exist.
someone else already claimed to have the fastest xb, first in the world, then the US, then in CA. it wasn't a dig at you . but those that do have "the fastest" don't last long, lots of blown motors with FI. I am one of the lucky ones that was told using nitrous would blow my motor up, it hasn't blown up, yet. :D
Old 06-19-2007, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nopi, does which used to be the NIRA circuit and the NHRA drags.

Here from the NHRA website
Pro FWD
Marty Ladwig E.T. 7.27 201.55 '07 Chevy Cobalt Englishtown, N.J. (May '07
Old 06-19-2007, 10:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by MichaelRoss
The Starlet was Toyota's answer to the 1970's oil embargo. 1000cc engine, it would do 0 -60mph in 23 sec. Great googlymoogly what a ball of fire! I drove a loaded moving van that was as fast. Made the Chevette look quick indeed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Starlet

Someone mentioned 145- 150 HP. Y'all are intent on making my point stronger than I can. You could get 150HP out if a 60's Beetle and it weighed a lot less. And no matter how good FWD gets, RWD is the bomb at the strip. Sheesh, you can by outboards motors that make 250HP.

Boxes are made for cruising. They will never excel at speed work; though if you keep your foot off the brake and you can wet your depends with them. I know I do.

Anyone made a low rider out of a box yet? I am looking for that. Those short over hangs...they ought to pop up real nice.

Old Slow "doesn't know nothin" Mike

1have two! '05 xB and '06 xB.
i forgot...the original hummer.
it would do 0-60 and the 1/4 mile in the same time....somewhwere around 20ish secs...
Old 06-19-2007, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

or just thread talk ?

Are you people really that stupid?

How is finding a fast xB mythical? I already provided 2 that are fairly quick considering their minute performance from factory... one runs low 13s and the other mid 12s. Until proven otherwise, those are the fastest xBs...

What's so mythical about that?

People have been making fast cars out of slow factory cars for decades!!! Who's to say otherwise of the xB?

-END RANT-
Old 06-20-2007, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

look of course they are not that quick from the factory but there isnt many 4 bangers that are,you have to admit that the manual xb is fairly quick for the tiny azz motor and output it has. a 5.0 auto mustang with a 302 v8 only ran high to mid 15s 16s for a four door four banger is respectable,and with force induction they have to be at least mid to low 15s. give respect were its do,the auto xb (which I drive)is a turtle!lol
Old 06-20-2007, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

o yeah. since nobody is manin up on times auto xb with 15'' t1=30 pounds alone and 1 inch mdf box,and 18'' rims I ran 18.3 cant remember mph have to look when I get home,but if i did the normal honda strip down i might hit 17.9 I can dream right.lol I have beatin four door civic auto's b4.nuthin to be proud of it was prolly the longest damn race of my life we kinda got tired of holdin the gas pedal down and just stoped.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by snarcher
i mean i know 99% are driven by grey-hairs but there must be SOMEONE
You're funny.
You think "grey-hairs" don't like to go fast? Ever notice who's driving all those monster-motored muscle cars at the local classic car show?
I'll be happy to take you for a ride in my Mach 1 anytime!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nerdsports
Hmm. Interesting stuff...

I was searching Google for "greddy emanage scion xb" to read up on it and what not and I ran into this link.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Scion-xB-Timeslip-8488.html

Turbo xB that ran 13.1 @ 110mph.
I wonder if he's on any of the forums.

EDIT::

I found one faster than 13.1...

12.6 @ 108
http://www.dragtimes.com/Scion-xB-Timeslip-10782.html
the 12.6 is Tony's Xb......for that run he was running high compression and a custom turbo along with a standalone ECM and i think he stays in GA but goes back and forth the NC and back to GA.............but yea like my sn says ITSME....mines da fastest in my area and i have witnesses haha......da crowd of ppl who seen me spank da integra LS that had i/h/e/clutch and a gsr tranny........then the tc guy that i asked to race then he turned me down cuzz i race acuras and stuff......kinda made me disapointed even though i figured that i would lose b4 askin him......go figure.....but yea i can def hit the low 16s or high 15s in the quarter cuzz da ls i raced ran high 15s at the track........but yea im not boosted and it was with everything in the car well everything that came with the car when i bought it aside from my wheels and the aftermarket stuff i put in
Old 06-23-2007, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Grey Hairs" don't go fast they all cruise around in their Z06 corvettes and dont even push it. I go to a yearly auto cruise where there is many burnout stops along the way and guess what. The older people go right through where the people in there 40's light them up big time.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A+ for those making the younger generation seem pretentious and ignorant. Age != lack of speed. I've seen plenty of who burkins89 refers to as "Grey Hairs" take their Z06's they cruise around in to tracks (especially road courses, because Corvettes can turn in addition to going fast) and tear it up.

You know why they don't push it on the street? They don't need to. It's a f---ing Corvette. Everyone knows it goes fast. The same can't be said for those who mod small engine cars and feel the need to prove how fast a turbo can make a 4-banger go.

I'm 20, have an xB, and have no intention of making it "go fast," to quote Ricky Bobby. I don't care if you do, but don't start berating those older than you when you most likely have little to no race experience at your age.

Plus, a Civic may be modded to go faster than a 'Vette, but if that race isn't in an exactly straight line, the 'Vette will blow you away.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kjk437
A+ for those making the younger generation seem pretentious and ignorant. Age != lack of speed. I've seen plenty of who burkins89 refers to as "Grey Hairs" take their Z06's they cruise around in to tracks (especially road courses, because Corvettes can turn in addition to going fast) and tear it up.

You know why they don't push it on the street? They don't need to. It's a f---ing Corvette. Everyone knows it goes fast. The same can't be said for those who mod small engine cars and feel the need to prove how fast a turbo can make a 4-banger go.

I'm 20, have an xB, and have no intention of making it "go fast," to quote Ricky Bobby. I don't care if you do, but don't start berating those older than you when you most likely have little to no race experience at your age.

Plus, a Civic may be modded to go faster than a 'Vette, but if that race isn't in an exactly straight line, the 'Vette will blow you away.
im assuming you havent seen civics/integra that were moded to do circuits and auto x have you...........
Old 06-23-2007, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rofl, at all the stupid comments about FWD not being racing, and that xBs cant race and what not. Who was the dumb EmmEffer who decided hey I am going to make this 89hp Honda fast?

Personally I run 5.8psi on a ZPI Turbo setup. Do I have a dyno? No, I dont have the $ Do I have a time slip? No, mine is ment for just more power in accelleration no making it a 10sec toaster. If I wanted to make it faster,I would put my 7.5psi spring in and tune it. Even if the ZPI numbers were off and it was 30hp less, that would still put it at 150hp, or 1.5X stock, big differece on a 2300lb car.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That may be true if they take it to the track, but i still don't get why they dodge puddle. What is it, acid?
Old 06-23-2007, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe things here in PA are different, theres a big group off modded cars that all just fly around ranging from Talons to SRT-4s to Z28 camaros.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I rode in MmmBoxy's box....Seemed Hella fast!!!!!!!...hehe
Old 06-26-2007, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Take a stock xB and a stock C5 and race them. Race equally modded rice and muscle. The muscle will win period. I paid less for my C5 then I did for my xB. They're different kinds of vehicles, and they're both super fun to drive. I got looked at differently in each vehicle. This is a big world with plenty of room for all kinds of vehicles. (exept for mustangs...jk) Fast is relative, you can race top fuel or lawnmowers, and have just as much fun. Stay on topic, who has the fastest xB? I want to see some links for videos.

not a good vid, but I found it on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izpg3QIZMN4

Quick Reply: who has the fastest xB?