Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Would you still buy your xB?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree, I'm not even getting the floor mats, price is 14195 plus tax for the xB. 6 years ago I bought a Saturn SW2 for $500 more, and you can't even compare them. The Scion is a far better car. Not buying options doesn't mean I'm not serious, it means I'm not willing to pay $3k for $1500 in options. The xB comes with so many options standard, that Saturn would have cost closer to $20k with the same setup. Let me know when I can buy a brand new Lexus or BMW for under $20k... :D
Old 06-02-2004, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by MIKE DEGUZMAN
seriously, what do you think you are going to get for $14k? its not a lexus. for what you pay, it is an excellent value. look at all the options you get. what other vehicle for $14k has traction control, vehicle skid control, keyless entry, abs all standard?
its really not a 14k car. thats a way scion advertises to HOOK n CATCH buyers.

our xB is a 15.5-16k car. unless you buy an xB with absolutely zero options. and if you buy a scion w/ zero options.... you probably shouldnt be in the market for a new car.
[/quote]

I actually was looking at the Scion with no additional accessories because I don't need interior lighting. The fog lights look like they're for show and produce little by way of illumination. I definitely don't need any "thumbprint" stickers on the side of my car and I plan on converting the exterior badging to bB. The only "options" I would jump for are the 6-disc CD player and perhaps the air intake.

As far as cars go, this one has way more features than my base PT, which I bought new for a little less than the xB. The xB will actually make my insurance go down because it has ABS and VSC.

Old 06-02-2004, 10:42 PM

Thanks everyone for your input!

I think the xB is a really nice vehicle and a steal at $14,165. I have found a place where the options cost a bit less (http://www.scionsportsparts.com/xBint.htm) for you do-it-yourself'ers.

I'm excited about getting an xB (hopefully) within a couple of weeks. Still can't decide on the colour - Thundercloud Metallic is very nice, as is the Black Cherry Pearl. My gut says go with my first choice (BCP) but my logic says go with the color that will show the least amount of damage from the So Cal freeway debris (TCM).

Old 06-02-2004, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I've got over 20k in mine (and I work for Toyota) and money was not even a consideration. I think it is a neat car that is extremely practical and a lot of fun. I have no regrets and would do it all again. Last time I checked an is300 is about twice the price of an Xb. Personally, I'd rather have 2 Xbs.~~~~~~~~~~~scott
Old 06-02-2004, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scott17
I've got over 20k in mine (and I work for Toyota) and money was not even a consideration. I think it is a neat car that is extremely practical and a lot of fun. I have no regrets and would do it all again. Last time I checked an is300 is about twice the price of an Xb. Personally, I'd rather have 2 Xbs.~~~~~~~~~~~scott
Thus how I ended up with two xB's. We were looking to spend about $30k on a family car. Unfortunately the Bonneveille GXP/Daodge Magnum/300c were not out yet. So we settled on a couple xB's instead.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will start out by saying so far I am very happy with my Xb,I have about 3300 mile's on it.For the price I think it was a good deal,excellent gas mileage and I like the look and style.Accessories are indeed a little pricey for what your getting.Would I buy another one yes and no,yes if they put a bigger motor in it with about 20-30 more horsepower and no if they dont.Another positive of course is Toyota build quality and Toyota reliability.I am guessing resale should also be good.If I had to buy another car right now I would probably have gotten the Acura TSX.But it's a 27k+ vehicle so it's almost twice as expensive as the Xb.Advantage price wise to the Xb until you start adding the sometime's pricey option's.So to close thing's out I do love my Xb more power and I would love it even more.

04 Xb RS 1.0 #0686 of #2100
17-inch Black Motegi Racing RT-5's with Toyo Proxes All-Season 215/40ZR-17
AEM CAI
PrecisionMuffler.com axel-back
The Box is pretty much loaded out.

ScionMikey04 Let's just all try and get along and live in peace.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member

You people have lost me on this thread. What options are you talking about? The only choice of options I had was manaul or auto, and the wheel covers. The rest of the stuff that is offered are trim changes. OK, maybe the fancy wheels, and the cold air intake, but these are not the types of options that you would get on another car. I would think these are added by tuners later.

We have bought a very inexpensive car that comes loaded with extras that are options on most other cars. Hey if you want to trick it out, sure you'll spend more money, but if you were tricking out another car, you would spend the same.

The comparison should be made between similar equipped cars. And this car will never compare to a mercedes, lexus, saab, volvo, etc. Compare to saturn, chevy, nisssan, etc. and you will find it is a bargain.

I would trade my saab 9-5 for another, but we need a bigger trunk to carry things.

Loving the lava
Old 07-14-2004, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
NM SCIONS

SL Member

Hmm...the only thing I might have changed with my xB is the color. I love my BOP dont get me wrong, but very hard to keep clean. What I really wanted was the RS 1.0 but my dealer said it would be very diff. to get it. they rec. that I drive to another state and get it but I didnt have the $ for that. I was thinking either the Lava bcp, or maybe the camo. Im really starting to like the camo. But im still happy with my xB and wouldnt buy any other vehicle right now. :D