Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

xB warranty worries

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member

Default xB warranty worries

I'm getting ready to deploy to Iraq and I am very much looking forward to coming back home and buying a Polar White Box ;) The only worry is.. I've come to leanr that Blitz makes a compressor kit for the xB/xA and my only worry is will it void the factory warranty if I install the compressor/supercharger on my future xB?
Old 07-28-2005, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Spitfire,

God Speed to you.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It doesn't void the entire warranty, it only voids it for parts that are directly affected by the modification. So in the case of a bagged suspension, you probably won't be able to make claims on suspension parts that go bad, but everything else should be ok. For a supercharger you might lose coverage on the whole drivetrain, but still be good for everything else. Of course, losing it on the whole drivetrain would make the warranty mostly worthless...

My own plan is to not do anything too extreme until I've clicked off that 36,001st mile... then the warranty's gone anyway!

Oh, and, uh, Give Those Bastards Hell!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member

isn't the scion warranty 5 years 50,000 miles?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

3 year 36,000
Old 07-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's the quick and dirty rundown:

Originally Posted by Scion.com
Basic Coverage:
All components other than normal wear and maintenance items are covered for 36 months/36,000 miles.

Powertrain Coverage:
Your engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, seatbelts and air bags are covered for 5 years/60,000 miles. Rust-Through Coverage:Corrosion perforation of sheet metal is covered for 60 months/unlimited miles.

Federal Emission Coverage:
Components under the federal emission defect warranty are covered for 36 months/36,000 miles and specified major emission control components are covered for 8 years/80,000 miles. Specified major emission control components under emission performance warranty are also covered for 8 years/80,000 miles. In addition, emission performance warranty is applicable for 24 months/24,000 miles in states and local jurisdictions that require a periodic EPA-approved inspection and maintenance program.

California Emission Control Coverage:
In California and any other state that adopts California emission warranty provisions, performance warranty and defect warranty coverage is applicable for 36 months/50,000 miles, and specific control devices are covered for 7 years/70,000 miles.

Genuine Scion Accessories:
Warranty coverage is for 12 months, regardless of mileage, with the exception of car covers, which are warranted for 12 months only. If the part or accessory is installed during the New Vehicle Limited Warranty period, coverage is for the 12 months or the remainder of the applicable warranty coverage.

Transportation Assistance:
You may be eligible for transportation assistance if your vehicle is required to be kept overnight for warrantable repairs. Please see your authorized Scion dealership for further details.

In addition, there may be times when we will establish a special policy adjustment that will further defray repair costs. For details about the new vehicle limited warranty, see your Scion dealer. And for complete details of Scion's warranties, please refer to your Owner's Warranty Information booklet.*

Extra Peace of Mind
To give you extra peace of mind, Scion Solutions** has developed vehicle protection programs that provide coverage beyond Scion's Limited Warranty. Visit us at Scion.com to learn about Extended Service Coverage, Guaranteed Auto Protection (GAP), Prepaid Maintenance, and Payment Protection.

* See your Scion dealer for additional details on the Scion Limited Warranty.
** Scion Solutions is a service mark of Toyota Motor Credit Corporation and Toyota Motor Insurance Services, Inc.
Hope that helps some...
Old 07-28-2005, 08:55 PM

no the base warranty is 3years 36,000miles but there are aftermarket warranties you can purchase. :D

Old 07-28-2005, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"Powertrain Coverage:
Your engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, seatbelts and air bags are covered for 5 years/60,000 miles"

Ack. You just gave me another 24,000 miles of normally aspirated driving...

Thanks for helping me avoid an expensive mistake though.