Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Is your xB a target on the road?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Is your xB a target on the road?

Well I am getting the feeling mine is Last week took a road trip with the Wife to do some shopping,all went well,she bought me a cd I was looking for,couldn't wait for the cruise back home to listen to the cd,just popped it in,CRACK!!!A friggin 18 wheeler decided to jump in front of me to pass another 18 wheeler and shot a rock off into my windshield I was ____ed,there goes the fun trip home Got the window fixed,then today I got off of work early,decided to pick the Wifey up some X-Mas presents,me,the road and the xB with lots of great music to listen to.......Yea another 18 wheeeler in the fast lane,mind you I was bookin at 75 MPH,passed me,he ran over something in the road and I hear a boom boom boom on the drivers side of my xB.Well get to the parking lot of my destination,just cringing to see what happened.I now have a pinstripe that starts on the front quarter panel,drivers side door,rear drivers side door...............WTF!!!!

Sorry for the rambling and venting session,needed to get it off my chest.

Anyone else feel like a target on the road in there xB?
Old 12-09-2004, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your luck is horrible.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well i dont think its the box but i so far had 2 rock chips.. Also had 2 of my front lip supports ripped off and my rear lip nearly ripped off (only had 2 pop pins holding it) all from a hubcap that was in the middle of the road?! and some dent (who knows how they got there... damn SUVs) on my driver side. And all the rock chips in the from bumper,,, Not to mention all the girls who say they wont spill that hot chocolate capachino (sp) but always do! yeah no food in the box from now on.... yeah so its been a struggle to keep up. But i feel your pain
Old 12-10-2004, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

You just gotta drive faster to stay ahead of the damn trucks...

I've got 3 chips currently. I'm waiting until I get a really bad one or one cracks across before I even bother with replacement. It's got so many pits it looks like its raining lightly. The joys of aerodynamics... (or lack thereof)
Old 12-10-2004, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member

sorry to hear that
Old 12-10-2004, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

that blows dude better luck next time. maybe the truckers dont like yer musical preference
Old 12-10-2004, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

Do what I did....Stop washing your car, then you dont notice all the little scratches and chips.

I had a neighboorhood punk throw a metal garbage can lid at my car, 2 days after I bought it. Other then that and the occasional rock, I have been very lucky.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

Originally Posted by TheScionicMan
It's got so many pits it looks like its raining lightly.
Oh man, I thought I was the only one. The pits are fuggin horrible, and they cover the whole f-ing windshield.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member

mine gets bird bombed but thats all.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member

I've had some bad luck with scratches as well. Toyotas have always had cheap paint and the Toaster is no exception. Another thread got me looking into the chips on the front and it's pretty bad for only 10,000 miles.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got some small rock chips on my windshield..and im drivin to LA for xmas...who knows what i'll have to endure on the car when i return.. OUCH!

oh yeh..and some drunk in vietnamese boys kicked my car the 3rd day i had my car....they were later arrested tho..HAHA! and no dents or scratches - phew..
Old 12-10-2004, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know exactly how you feel. About a month ago I hit a huge tire tread. I had to replace the front and rear bumpers, valences, part of my front lower grill, the plastic under the front bumper, and the whole plastic cover inside front drivers wheel well was torn off. $2700 later and it looks like new again. Damn plasic cars!
Old 12-10-2004, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member

I had 3 people pull out in front of me today. I'm chalking it up to a bad day. I hope this doesn't become a trend.

Steve
Old 12-11-2004, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Buebie
I had a neighboorhood punk throw a metal garbage can lid at my car, 2 days after I bought it.

Did you kick his ___?!
Old 12-11-2004, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member

My passenger side door, along with my dashboard(and my limited eddition plate) were screwed over when a guy in an F-150 decided that he would be stupid enough that he didn't want to wait for the turn lane to come up so he went off road towards the turn lane, lost control and screwed me over. Atleast he stayed behind to take responsiblity for it.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Default Re: Is your xB a target on the road?

Originally Posted by bamabox
Well I am getting the feeling mine is Last week took a road trip with the Wife to do some shopping,all went well,she bought me a cd I was looking for,couldn't wait for the cruise back home to listen to the cd,just popped it in,CRACK!!!A friggin 18 wheeler decided to jump in front of me to pass another 18 wheeler and shot a rock off into my windshield I was ____ed,there goes the fun trip home Got the window fixed,then today I got off of work early,decided to pick the Wifey up some X-Mas presents,me,the road and the xB with lots of great music to listen to.......Yea another 18 wheeeler in the fast lane,mind you I was bookin at 75 MPH,passed me,he ran over something in the road and I hear a boom boom boom on the drivers side of my xB.Well get to the parking lot of my destination,just cringing to see what happened.I now have a pinstripe that starts on the front quarter panel,drivers side door,rear drivers side door...............WTF!!!!

Sorry for the rambling and venting session,needed to get it off my chest.

Anyone else feel like a target on the road in there xB?
ME!!. Truckers in NWA are the meanest in the world!! YOU HAVE NO CLUE. No chips in the window or anything, but, dam.. Seriously, when I drive on the Highway, I move. Normally I cruise at around 77 mph.

Northwest Arkansas is very very hilly, and there are very very steep hills to climp on the highway. I always beat trucks going up the hill. But Jesus Christ, when they come down they come down FAST mf.

Clocked a Truck going 85 down a hill, and kept it up for a few miles. I was keeping up just to check how fast it was going. Some truck drivers are ___ holes, seriously. They think they are driving a sports coupe, and try to weave in and out of the slow lane passing cars going 73, and almost sideswipped me. Trucks are not allowed to go over 70 in the first place, I want to get a CB and tell them what is on my mind

But everytime I take a road trip to southern arkansas, at least 10 trucks pass me, and I am not even going slow. And they are the same ones, they pass me going down and I pass them going up hills, but they just gun it to cut infront of me.

But the WORST thing, is when there are two trucks, one in each lane. Both going around the same speed, both of curise. It honestly takes about 5 minutes for these trucks to pass each other. But these trucks are going SLOW arounf 66. Then when another hill come up, the truck that passed the other one is not going fast enough, and passess the truck that passes it earlier, another five minute ordeal.

Tucks drive me crazy

-nt
Old 12-11-2004, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

UPDATE UPDATE,on my road rash from the 18 wheeler that pinstripped my box.I bought some Meguiars Scratch X and it took it ALL out :D :D :D Consider myself lucky,could have been a hell of alot worse,just a bad surface scratch on the whole drivers side,after all of my elbow work + the Meguiars you could never tell.

I've owned a few "new cars",but the xB has a place in my heart that I am sure alot of you have the same feeling and can understand.

I really hated to aim this to 18 wheelers,but so far when the chit hits the fan,it's always been an 18 wheeler that caused it.Granted you can't "red carpet" the highway you are traveling,but damn truckers,if your doing over the speed limit by 40 MPH,you need to lay off the CRANK.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by bamabox
UPDATE UPDATE,on my road rash from the 18 wheeler that pinstripped my box.I bought some Meguiars Scratch X and it took it ALL out :D :D :D Consider myself lucky,could have been a hell of alot worse,just a bad surface scratch on the whole drivers side,after all of my elbow work + the Meguiars you could never tell.

I've owned a few "new cars",but the xB has a place in my heart that I am sure alot of you have the same feeling and can understand.

I really hated to aim this to 18 wheelers,but so far when the chit hits the fan,it's always been an 18 wheeler that caused it.Granted you can't "red carpet" the highway you are traveling,but damn truckers,if your doing over the speed limit by 40 MPH,you need to lay off the CRANK.
. Glad to know your car was not damaged, as far as scratches go
Old 12-12-2004, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
that blows dude better luck next time. maybe the truckers dont like yer musical preference
Yea,I guess the B-Side of In A Gadda Da Vida can get old,but the drum solo is awesome :D