Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Accessing Factory Fog Lights? How do I?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 09:35 PM

Default Accessing Factory Fog Lights? How do I?

How do I get to the bulbs? Do I have to take the air dam off underneath? is there an easy way to get to them? I can't figure it out without having to jack the car off the ground. Thanks in adavnce.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive done the fog light install on my own without a jack. my tip is to park the car on an incline (driveway) so that the car sort of kneels back. that gives more space to crawl under the front. taking off the bumper isnt too hard. just be very careful.

the bulb size is H11 fyi
Old 02-15-2008, 09:48 PM

you don't need to remove the bumper to get to the bulbs---just remove the black clips that hold the black plastic "shield" to the bottom edge of the bumper---take a small flat bladed screwdriver and pry out the center of the clip (it has an indentation on the outer edge to get a screwdriver under) and remove the clips and you can push the shield up and reach the bulbs. to reinstall the clips, put the outer piece back in the hole and push the center pin back in.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:09 PM
SL Member

Also, be sure your not touching the bulbs when you do the install. The oils on your fingers will shorten the life of the bulb.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by WXMotorSports
Also, be sure your not touching the bulbs when you do the install. The oils on your fingers will shorten the life of the bulb.
very good point!!!! they could even explode from the "hot spot" created from the oil from your fingers--it's then a hassle to clean out all the glass pieces from inside the foglight----if you touch the glass part, use some glass cleaner and clean rag and clean it well befoere you install it
Old 02-19-2008, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was able to replace one of the fog ligh bulbs without removing the bumper. I simply removed the protective pan on the bottom and reached up to release the bulb. Went to Kragen and bought the new bulb for $15 then came back and installed it. You remove and install the bulb blindly, but it's not very difficult. The whole process took me 20-30 minutes and that included unbolting and re-fastening the protective pan under the fron bumper. There are LOTS of bolts holding it in place.

BTW....the bulb is an H11 bulb.