Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Carbon Fiber Hoods on xB2

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 05:51 AM

Default Carbon Fiber Hoods on xB2

Hey all,

I am considering a carbon fiber hood for my BSP xB2, but need some help... I have read some great things about the Seibon products, but have also noticed another manufacturer (AIT or AIS??) that seems popular...

I will only buy one if it is going to be a bolt on job with an oem fit... For Seibon's styles, I like the OE hood and the DV hood; however, I cannot choose because I can't find any pictures of an xB2 with the DV style CF hood. Anyone have pictures to share?

Also, I would really like to see some pictures of a BSP xB2 with carbon fiber hoods to get an idea of what it will look like. I'm a bit concerned they won't look good with the subtle contrast...

Any recommendations such as the best brand to get and the worst to get, pics of installed hoods, etc. would be awesome!

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2008, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

maybe you can ask a body shop to make you a fiberglass hood and slap on some cf overlay on it.. thats what most of the cf hoods are here in America.. fiberglass with a thin layer of cf..that way you can get whatever style you want... but if you're looking for an actual company.. i dont know much about it.

SinZz--
Old 04-24-2008, 03:24 PM

I'm really hoping for a decent and true cf hood. That's probably not a bad idea, but having the cf over a fiberglass hood somewhat eliminates the benefit of a light cf hood. It's not like my xB or the hood will be used in racing applications; nevertheless, it would be nice to have the lighter-weight...