Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Fog light, Parking light, DRL, What's the Difference?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 09:24 PM

Default Fog light, Parking light, DRL, What's the Difference?

Hey friends. Hope you're well and safe. First time posting here.

I got one of these noob questions, but even if I've done my research and I still can't figure out what the name and what kind of bulb I need to look for.
There is this little bulb on the left side of the low beam. I thought it was the Daytime running lamp, but some ppl say it's the fog light, or that's it's just the same as the high beam light which I find a hard time to believe.

What is the name of the Light? And what kind of lamp should I look for if I wanna replace it? Also, how do you remove the bulb ?

Thanks a lot

this sucker ?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-31-2020 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, that is the DRL light. Fog lights are usually low in the bumper so that they shoot under the fog without glaring back in your face. The high beam is the light in the middle of the head lamp assembly.

As for removing it, turn the socket on the back of the headlight 1/4 turn and pull it out. I have no clue what bulb size it is since I have an 08 and they never had the DRLs lights.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:02 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Exclamation What Model Year & Drive line is your xB?

Originally Posted by stevenl
I got one of these noob questions, but even if I've done my research and I still can't figure out what the name and what kind of bulb I need to look for.
There is this little bulb on the left side of the low beam. What is the name of the Light? And what kind of lamp should I look for if I wanna replace it?
What Model Year & Drive line is your xB?

If you tell me the Model Year & Drive line (Manual or Auto), I can do some Research and might be able to come up with the Part No., Price & Source.

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

I have been here Every Day for over 12 years and it Always surprises me people want Part Numbers but don't give out their Model Year & Drive line (Manual or Auto)
When you go to a Toyota Parts Department, or any Cars Parts or Auto Store they always want the Make / Model Year / Drive line.

Why?

Do Not Assume that Part Numbers stay the same within that Generation of Cars. Part Numbers can be Changed, Superseded,
or No Longer Available. Those Head Light Parts you want may be available in 2007 and Changed to a Different Number in 2015.
Or even Worse No Longer Available for any Model Year. I can at least Cross-Reference it if you give me the Model Year & Drive line.

TL;DR If you want a Specific Part No. or Specific Answer, you need to Provide Vehicle Specifics for us to look it up.

MR LUV

p.s. I Strongly Advised Members to Add their Model Year in their Signature
See examples in the Sticky Above. Or Please State it in Each Question.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 09-28-2020 at 01:42 AM.