Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

xB 2Gen auto body work a failure or what?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 04:47 AM

Default xB 2Gen auto body work a failure or what?

Heya folks. New to the club here. Scion xB Release Series 6 owner + TRD package. Anyway, let me ask you folks a question...

I had my new Scion Xb sent to the body shop to get some little paint chips fixed on the front of the hood. I got it back tonight and noticed some noticeable hazing on the aforementioned area AND i noticed that i can still see the chips and kind of feel them still indented. I mean, they match the color of the vehicle... but something tells me this wasn't done right. I took it to the place my Scion dealership told me to take it to even tho my insurance company (progressive) told me they couldn't guarantee the work, and they would only pay for it once. Two questions : 1) was the repair done correctly and i'm just expecting too much (which would be for it to look just as good as when i rolled it off the show room floor), and 2) does the Scion dealership hold any responsibility since they told me to take it there? Also, is it customary for a auto body shop to clean the vehicle exterior after they do work on it? The car was filthy when returned to me. Not like when I dropped it off. I am **** to the nth degree with this vehicle and something feels wrong here.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pictures
before/after if possible

and the customer is always right?

deff right something is wrong there paint work should be near flawless esp if you just picked the dam thing up its got a long life ahead of it
Old 07-14-2009, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would go back to the shop, and tell them to #1 buff the haze out, they didn't buff it enough in the first place if it looks hazy.. #2, i would complain that the chips weren't fixed if you can still see them... I would demand that they fix the chips then buff...
The Scion Dealership will not be responsible as they only "recomended" you take the box there for work, they didn't force you or tell you that you "had" to take it there. Also, dont expect that the shop will want to fix it for free, as they will not be paid for their work the second time, as your insurance co didn't recomend them as an authorized shop. If you are unhappy with the work, as far as they are concearned, you have to fight with them. If they give you any problems, get pics of before and after, and threaten to take them to small claims court. if the work wasn't done right, get a few estimates from others shops and show that to the judge..
Also, it is nice if they clean your car when the work is done, but not always done by shops. The paint may have needed a few days to cure and they may not have been able to wash it right away, or they may just have been lazy.
Good luck in your fight.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

trd package?