Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2008 xB A/C Compressor Failure

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 07:39 PM

Default 2008 xB A/C Compressor Failure

So I own a 2008 xB, salvage title with 167k miles on it. I’m currently taking care of little repairs that I need to do (will soon be replacing water pump, serpentine belt, and front shocks/springs). While driving today, I heard a rattling inside the engine bay and pulled over and shut off the car. When I did, this rolled away down the pavement: https://imgur.com/gallery/UIEatq7. Immediately afterwards, my A/C stopped blowing cold, but was still able to run.

I went into Autozone and they said it was most likely the A/C Compressor breaking up. Im going to pull out the compressor this week and see for myself and find out if I need to install a whole new compressor or if I can rebuild this one. A new compressor is $400+ from Autozone, so I’m thinking of going to a salvage yard and pulling a part myself for $50. The only thing is that so far there’s only one in my area that has the same generation car as mine. I was hoping some of you lovely people could help me find out if there are other Scions/Toyota’s that I can pull a compressor from that would be compatible with this car? There are plenty of tCs at these yards so if that works then I’m set. I’d like to get this done ASAP, it’s been a hot week in California and I only got to enjoy freshly charged AC for about 2 weeks before this happened.

Thank you all in advance.

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-29-2018 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator