Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

need help for cel eliminator?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default need help for cel eliminator?

i'm waiting for the weapon r header and s-pipe combo to come out. while i'm waiting i know i'll neew a cel eliminator for these bolt on so i've started my search. so far i know weapon r also have one and the prices for that is around $35 not including shipping. for the header and s-pipe combo i know i'll need 2 so it'll cost me $70 to $90 including shipping. while i'm searching i also found these one that is cheaper but not sure is it going to function the same as the weapon r. by looking at the picx it seems so much shorter than the weapon r one so i'm not sure if it's good. any comments is much appreciated and thanx in advance. heres the link.

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/s...products_id=36
Old 05-23-2008, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here is a few more i've found

http://www.inlinefour.com/blcelelad.html
http://robearracing.com/pd-ichiba-o2...mechanical.cfm
Old 05-23-2008, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

these three work the same as the weapon-r by moving the o2 sensor away from the exhaust path, the 2nd sensor reads something different from the first sensor. this difference is all the ECU needs to think that the cat is still there. if it reads the same reading as with a new header it will think the cat is collapsed/broken and it will throw a CEL
Old 05-23-2008, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

you can also get them at pepboys or autozone they are known spark plug non-foulers ther are about 2.50 a piece you will need 2 of them and all you do is drill them out so the o2 fits
Old 05-23-2008, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

Old 05-23-2008, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: need help for cel eliminator?

Originally Posted by DAILYXB-TYPE-R
i'm waiting for the weapon r header and s-pipe combo to come out. while i'm waiting i know i'll neew a cel eliminator for these bolt on so i've started my search. so far i know weapon r also have one and the prices for that is around $35 not including shipping. for the header and s-pipe combo i know i'll need 2 so it'll cost me $70 to $90 including shipping. while i'm searching i also found these one that is cheaper but not sure is it going to function the same as the weapon r. by looking at the picx it seems so much shorter than the weapon r one so i'm not sure if it's good. any comments is much appreciated and thanx in advance. heres the link.

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/s...products_id=36
i'm not sure why you'll 2 CELE's. I'm running strup header and the weapon r cele in the stock s-pipe. even with the w-r s-pipe it will only require one CELE. the new s-pipe will flow a bit better than stock but serves the same function, as will the CELE. putting one in the header will give you a CEL, even with one in the new s-pipe. you only need to run one CELE and it goes in the new or stock s-pipe.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thank you all soo much for the replys.

while doing the search i did get some info on how to make your own and it's much cheaper. from my research i read a post where some is using 3 help anti-fouler and it works much better than 2. this is for the tc fourms btw so i think it'll be good for us. have anyone tried that yet for our xb?

hey whitebreadbox, thanx for your info but just want to make sure is all i need is to put one on the s-pipe right.

also does anyone know what is the material used in the hi-flow cat? i'm thinking when i make the cel eliminator i might stuff it w/hi-flow cat material as insurrance. would you think thats a good idea?
Old 05-23-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just received my strup header and i got a little stub type as opposed to the L-shape of the weapon-r.

you dont need to stuff it. if you do, the second o2 sensor wont read anything and youre just going to get a CEL. the ECU just needs to read a difference between the two sensors.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what is the size of the hole being drilled?
would a smaller drilled hole help?
Old 05-24-2008, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

forgot to ask what is the tread on the o2 sensor?
i was thinking of going to home depot or some other hardware store to look for a L-shape adapter, any good find?
Old 05-24-2008, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

u will need a 1/2" drill bit
Old 05-24-2008, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you shouldn't need 2 fouler tricks, just one.

your only fooling the secondary o2 sensor, the one after the cat, not the a/f sensor in the collector before the cat.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i've read somewhere in the tc forums that having 2 " sensor-modified-unmodified-sensor hole " antifouler works below 70mph but once you go faster or your rpm is higher then the cel will turn on thats why some use 3 " sensor-modified-unmodified-unmodified-sensor hole " to space it out some more and works better.
well draxaliber, i wonder what do you mean by only 1 fouler?
Old 05-24-2008, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm just making sure your not trying to trick both of the o2 sensors in your exhaust system. there was one guy who put his CEL eliminator on the primary o2 (a/f ) sensor, and ofcourse, got a CEL since that one doesn't detect if the cat is present, but detects and adjusts a/f ratios. and the second one after the cat is the one that needs to be tricked into thinking the cat is still present.

i currently have a supercharger with the weapon-r 4-2-1 header and s-pipe with their CEL eliminator, and it worked for two months, then i got a CEL, and it went away before i could pull it, then came back, it was the CEL for failed cat, but i cleared it with my scangauge, and it hasn't come back yet.

all anti-foulers have a chance of failing at some point, so get a fouler, and get a scangaugeII, so when it doesn't work, you can clear it yourself.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanx draxcaliber for clearing things up. where can i get a scan gauge II and what does it do?
Old 05-26-2008, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lots of places, just go to yahoo and type in scanguageII or something, they'll pop up, i actually got mine from a sponsored sale here on SL, it might still be up, i think it was 365motorworks or something, but they cost about 140-160, usually free shipping.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've checked the prices sounds good for what it does for $160 but then also found another one for $399 which is a DashDyno. it does have much more options than the scangauge but the one thing i really like is how it have a hp/torque reader. basicly it can also get your car dyno. just not sure how is the dashdyno dyno function compared to dynojet or other dyno programs. have anyone try this before. thanx for the additional info
Old 05-26-2008, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

honestly man, just get the weapon-r CELE. it might be a few bucks, but a ton of people are using them and have thrown NO CEL's. its made of stainless steel, so it will hold up. and you only need to run ONE at the S-pipe. as other people have mentioned, you're fooling the ECU into believing that you have not removed a cat. DO NOT pack anything in it, because it will throw a CEL. don't do the anti foulers... they look like cheap pieces of crap, IMO. weapon-r is a trusted company whose been making these for years... its your ride, your money and possibly your problems... we all want everyone to succeed here and are here to lend our 2 cents. some will go other routes... i went with the weapon-r and have had no problems.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I have done the anti foulers and they eventually fail. I did them on my tC, then I went to the Weapon R peice and never had a problem at all.

You only need one of them. You install it on the 2nd 02 sensor. I was going to take a pic of mine installed this weekend and spaced it when I was under there.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
lots of places, just go to yahoo and type in scanguageII or something, they'll pop up, i actually got mine from a sponsored sale here on ScionLife, it might still be up, i think it was 365motorworks or something, but they cost about 140-160, usually free shipping.
Close it's 365motorwerks hit up my signature for scangauge info.
BTW if anybody does get an anti-fouler make sure to get a deep one, last one I grabbed wasn't deep enough for the O2 sensor to go all the way in.

Quick Reply: need help for cel eliminator?