Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Starting Issue/Battery & Alternator tested good

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 05:01 PM

Default Starting Issue/Battery & Alternator tested good

Hey y'all,

I have a 2012 xB w/ 96k miles that is having some starting issues and was hoping to gain some insight and possible resolution from experienced owners. Just had the battery and alternator tested at Advance Auto Parts and they reported both were good.

Yesterday I went to start up my car and the starter would click but not turn over. I tried again about a hour later and the car started no problem, went where I had to, car sat off for about a hour, started up fine, and then headed home. Later that evening I went to grab some
Taco Tuesday action with the girlfriend and car wouldn't start. This time it seemed as if the battery was dead and the starter wasn't kicking in at all. Wasn't going to let my car not starting ruin Taco Tuesday so she drove and we indeed threw down on some delicious tacos.

This morning I went out to my car and still wouldn't start, battery seemed dead and starter wouldn't even click. About a hour later I tried again before my buddy was coming over to give me a jump to head to the mechanic and the car fired up no problem.
Went over to Advance and they tested my battery and alternator which both came back good.

So here I am thinking about tacos again and trying to find out what's up with my car. Possible grounding or fuse issue? I'd appreciate some recommendations on what I can check out myself to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-07-2018 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Moderator
Old 02-07-2018, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Battery terminals or main power or ground cables loose most likely. Check the terminals and have a look at the battery to ground cable and engine to chassis ground cable. most often it's one of those.