Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Here I GO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 11:59 PM
SL Member

Default Here I GO!!!

Well another XB project is under way. I have already started orderin my parts. I have had two boosted cars already but this will be my first time boostin my own car but I love the XB, its my second one. Quick questions........First the AEM FIC I should be getting is the 30-1910 right? Also where is the cheapest place to get injectors, I have found them at $355. These are RC. Any other recommendations? Im sure I will have a few more quetions to come. I will keep yall posted. Till then time to spend money.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:32 AM
SL Member

Well I seen there has been some views, does anyone know if this is the FIC I need to get, from my research it looks like it is but I would like to hear from someone on here. Ive read alot from these forums and got alot of help also. This is my biggest project and I want to make sure its right. Boosted guys corey, homer ive seen ur stuff and looks real good but any help from yall or anyone will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-05-2009, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

get the ultimate if u havent already bought the F/IC. there is alot more itsy bitsy things that the ultimate can do that the F/IC cant. alot of tc guys are haveing problems with their F/IC. If you need injectors or anything for your turbo build hit up ptuning. Since ur doing a custom build u can use a tc turbo mani to start out. get urself some universal ICP and IC. keeep us posted on what u decide to do
Old 05-05-2009, 03:59 AM
SL Member

Thanks for the response, I have just heard good things about both, and of course the FIC is alil cheaper. I have already bought most of the kit, waiting on a couple of responses on the turbo itself. Are these problems major? cause I know alot of people are running the FIC from what I see. I want to save as much money as I can, and if the FIC will work I want to go that way but if I have to go Ultimate, I will.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

It all depends on ur tune. def make sure the tuner sets the F/IC up right and has the afr's as close to perfect as possible...It will work fo sho. Good luck and what turbo u running?
Old 05-05-2009, 11:48 PM
SL Member

Cool yeah I believe Im just gona get the AEM FIC, the 30-1910 is correct tho right? Im prob getting a Precision t3/t4 50 trim. The only thing I dont like really is it is a 60 AR, Im just not sure how fast the turbo spool up will be, but Im workin on that one. I have mostly everything I need but the turbo and fuel components, my best friend is a welder and I have a good friend that is an electrician so we are gona make a hardness of some sort for the FIC. That is in the works. The sticky is good tho to go by? The install should go pretty smooth. Well Ill keep yall posted and Thanks to the one person responding. Im sure when my pics and stuff start going up and people want dyno numbers and track times people will start talking but I would like some input before then cause Im sure some questions will come up like I have but its all good. The project is underway.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

just let us know mang...glad to help
Old 05-07-2009, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

YES!!!! ANOTHER TURBO BOX!!

As for the FIC, I think that's the best one on the market right now, people have had the most success with that. I'm running the ultimate, but my tuner said he was surprised at how well everything came out after the tune since the ultimate can't tune as accurately. I'm just telling you what my tuner said.

As for the injectors, i had great success with the deatsch works that dezod sells on his page.http://www.dezod.com/pd_deatsch.cfm they are $348 and 550cc.

great brand turbo, that's what i got, the only thing different is the .48 a/r on my turbo which helps to keep it in boost longer. most of the turbo tc's are running the .6 though.

How far along are you on gathering parts? i can't wait to see pics!
Old 05-07-2009, 04:09 AM
SL Member

Thanks for the response homer. I was actually hoping you would say something. Ive been putting this turbo aside cause I didnt really want to drop the money but my friend just boosted his ride custom and now seeing yours, I had to do it.Im shooting for memorial day weekend for the install maybe sooner. I just need to order my turbo, fic, injectors and gauges. Everything else will be here early next week. Im also looking at a garrett t3/t4 that is 54trim 50AR and im kinda leaning towards that one more. The only thing that bothers me alil bought that one is it is a v-band just wonderin if that coolant line will get in the way when I need to make the downpipe. Do you think I will be fine. I want the Ultimate but really dont have that extra to drop on it. I hear the FIC is good. I hope I can find a base map tho so I can get to the tuner, but ill worry bout that when the time comes.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

dude, i'm so excited for you, thats so soon! My coolant line got in the way of mine too, and that's one reason we had so much trouble with the downpipe.

aem gauges ftw, definitely the best gauges they got out there right now, and they match the s/u of our car the best.

any help you need def let me know.

PS, deSTROYED a GTI and STI on the way home today it was hilarious. they might as well not even had tried.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:12 AM
SL Member

Thats good to hear, I cant wait to just shock people. I had a 2nd gen Eclipse GST and a WRX but I'm starting to think this will be my fastest car yet, and just excited how much of a sleeper it is. Im orderin my turbo tonight. I believe im goin with the garrett, if my coolant line gets in the way, I'll figure somethin out, thats why its a custom setup.

Well Im sure I will have some questions and need some help but I will keep yall posted.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any questions you need answered i can help let me know what you need
Old 05-09-2009, 07:29 PM
SL Member

Ok, I have everything ordered but my gauges. Question, what is the benifit of the uego, I see that it can be tapped into ur FIC if Im reading it right and what does that do if the gauge is reading from the O2? What makes it different the other digital widebands?.........

Thanks homer for the input, I ordered my injectors from dezod.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is a wide band it help u know ur not burning up your motor with lean afrs
Old 05-09-2009, 11:51 PM
SL Member

I understand that, but I see the uego has a wire that can tap into your FIC, what is the purpose of that? Will I be fine if I get another wideband that may not hook to the FIC but has and O2 sensor to give me my readings on the gauge?
Old 05-10-2009, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its for data logging so you can see what your afrs are like next to the rpm and stuff its a tuning aide you know it runs a whole new sensor you weld in independent of the others
Old 05-15-2009, 01:49 AM
SL Member

Everything has been ordered, Turbo, gauges will be here tomorrow. I have everything else. FIC early next week, looks like project is going down on time like planned. Pics will be coming
Old 05-15-2009, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! I'm excited to see your set up.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

You sound excited like me...Im waiting for my xD to get done from being turbo'd...I dropped it off at Todd's (turbotoyota's) house April 13th and I should be getting it back within the next week in a half or so...

Cant wait to see how yours turns out...Good luck...Come check out my thread over in the xD forced induction thread sometime...

By the way, I'm going with AEM FIC also...
Old 05-19-2009, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

YES!! A TURBO XDIZZLE! Can't wait to see that! We always tease my sis (who owns the xd) and tell her we're gonna turbo it one night wen she's sleeping hahaha