Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Question about the sticky of the wiring of the management

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:02 PM
SL Member

Default Question about the sticky of the wiring of the management

I am about to order my connectors for my harness and trying to figure out how many wires are actually gona be connected from the FIC to the ECU. Lastlookcustoms has 16 wires and also tainoxl has 16 listed but they are not both exactly the same. Some what different. I know only a couple of you guys are boosted right now, which one did yall go by? Thanks
Old 05-08-2009, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The post above the one i did has a couple other locations I did not list like the coils, for the Fic what I listed is where you should be intercepting or taping into based off the Aem instructions for the Fic.

FYI there will be more than 16 cables to splice off the fic harness to your vehicle harness so make sure you read and understand the directions as well as the difference between taping and intercepting with your splices. Also make sure you are soldering your connections. And one last note on the fic harness there is two resistors that need(should)splice in so you do not have issues that some other folks have had. Here is a link to the resistor mod.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...asc&&start=120
Old 05-08-2009, 11:01 PM
SL Member

Ok....Well I looked online at the FIC instructions. My FIC will be here next week, but I see that one connector has 24 wires and the other has 22 wires. Will everyone of these wires need to be hooked up to the ecu or from the sticky with tainoxl listing adding the coils that he didnt put and I believe like one other that lastlookcustoms put, do I hook those up only? I understand the sticky is helping with some of the locations of our ecu connectors. Does anyone know the exact amount of wires that we need to hook up. That would make it easier but I do appreciate all the help Im getting.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

25 wires on the fic i would wait till the harness comes out its probably only 1.5 months out
Old 05-08-2009, 11:19 PM
SL Member

So within the two connectors off the FIC, 25 wires total? Well tainoxl has 16 listed and lastlookcustoms has 8 others that tainoxl doesnt so 24 right there. I have a electrian helping me wire it up so he knows how to put wires together and he is making me a harness in so sort so it looks clean and I really dnt want to wait another month and half or spend anymore money then I have too, but thanks for telling me. I just want to make it as easy as I can for my friend. Anymore help would help. Thanks everyone.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well some wires you tap some you intercept injectors are 8 wires cam and crank are 2 wires each some grounds some power its not a lot and its a pain to hard wire that crap
Old 05-10-2009, 03:59 AM
SL Member

ok, so I see that each injector has an input and output off the FIC, so for example, lets say injector one I would hard wire the input and output together from the FIC then intercept that one line into the the ecu at B108 which is injector 1? And so on for the rest? When your saying 8 wires for the injectors making then 4 cause putting the input and output together on all on them then putting them in B105,B106,B107,B108 the injector spots.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:30 AM
SL Member

Or are the 4 coils, another name for the input or the output of the injectors? Sorry for asking so many questions but I just want to make it right. Thanks
Old 05-10-2009, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you cutt the wire one goes into the fic one goes out
the manual for the fic tells you what to do and you dont hook into the coils it pulls timing by manipulating the cam and crank sensors
Old 05-10-2009, 07:46 PM
SL Member

Ok, I got it, My FIC comes in next week, I looked online at the instructions and I do understand how to hook it up. Thanks for the help.