Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Treadstone Turbo Kit for 08-09 xB

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Treadstone Turbo Kit for 08-09 xB

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...n+Xb+Turbo+Kit

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-02-2018 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is where Ancla Motorsports got their kit from, and also, this kit is not mass produced and is built to order. I know this because I talked to Treadstone awhile ago about this kit.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how much is the kit?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FromTheOld
This is where Ancla Motorsports got their kit from, and also, this kit is not mass produced and is built to order. I know this because I talked to Treadstone awhile ago about this kit.
Yeah, it looks like Ancla got most of their kit from Treadstone but they use different intake plumbing and the FMIC looks like it might be a little shorter. That would be a plus IMO since I'd rather not modify the bumper like with the Treadstone kit. OTOH, I prefer the way Treadstone placed the air filter for CAI.

Treadstone says that the kit is "in stock" but will take an extra week to ship. Whatever that means.

Too bad Treadstone is charging $1000 more for the XB kit than the TC kit.

Originally Posted by coreyjames
how much is the kit?
$4200 for Treadstone, $4000 for Ancla
Old 05-07-2009, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

member my kit was 3000 without managment or injectors

injectors 400 tops
fic 400 tops
your set

tt for the mofrukinwin
Old 05-07-2009, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
member my kit was 3000 without managment or injectors

injectors 400 tops
fic 400 tops
your set

tt for the mofrukinwin
I wouldn't rule out TT but I am a little worried about some of the horror stories I've heard about ridiculously long wait times and missing parts. I just got off the phone with Andy at Ancla Motorsports and liked what he had to say. According to him they've been developing turbo kits for 18 years now and designed the Treadstone kits. He said that the photo on Treadstone's site is of a modified stage III kit they did for a customer who wanted more power. They added a CAI, larger FMIC, FIC and upped the boost to get 322whp.

He also confirmed that the stage III FMIC does not require modifying the bumper. Everything is direct bolt-on except for tapping the oil pan. I like the Ancla kit because I'm not looking for the kind of power that you are and would prefer not to splice a piggyback into my ECU. Right now my biggest problem with their kit is the price. If they can sell their TC kit for $3000, I have a problem paying $4000 for the XB kit.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Our ecu will not run a kit without managment at any level of boost u will fry your motor trust me there is a harness for the fic comming soon do not run without managment at over 3 pounds
Old 05-08-2009, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Our ecu will not run a kit without managment at any level of boost u will fry your motor trust me there is a harness for the fic comming soon do not run without managment at over 3 pounds
The Ancla and Treadstone kits are "tuned" with a velocity stack which tricks the MAF into reading higher airflow. The ECU responds by sending more fuel. They also include larger injectors. They claim their kits are safe for 6-9psi on a stock engine and that EM isn't needed unless you boost higher.

Tc owners have been running this kit for years now.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

still not pulling any timing at all so yeah not safe dont chance it
Old 05-08-2009, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

still not pulling any timing at all so yeah not safe dont chance it
The oem knock sensor works pretty well. Remember we're talking about low boost with 93 pump gas. I appreciate what you're saying but we're not all after 300whp like you are. Personally, I'd be happy with 200whp with my AT which should only require 5-6psi.

OTOH, I'm not really sure how well the Ancla/Treadstone kit works with only a velocity stack MAF adapter and larger injectors. I'm getting the impression from the TC forum that it works pretty well at low boost but gets dissed for not making more than 250whp w/o more boost and EM. I like the TT kit but I refuse to wait several months for delivery. How long did you have to wait for TT to deliver your kit, how was the fit and was anything missing?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i waited 2.5 months my kit was custom and only missing piece was a air filter but for the prive i couldnt ask for more
i mean do the math
the turbo on my car is about 1200
mani down pipe combo 1000
wastegate bov 500
piping and couplers 300
so he really didnt make much off my kit lol
and at 3.6 psi on stock injectors i made almost 240 whp
tune your car whats cheaper 800 bucks for managment or new motor cheap insurance
Old 05-08-2009, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i waited 2.5 months my kit was custom and only missing piece was a air filter but for the prive i couldnt ask for more
i mean do the math
the turbo on my car is about 1200
mani down pipe combo 1000
wastegate bov 500
piping and couplers 300
so he really didnt make much off my kit lol
and at 3.6 psi on stock injectors i made almost 240 whp
tune your car whats cheaper 800 bucks for managment or new motor cheap insurance
Thanks for the info. I tried finding it in your "mile-high" thread but that is one long thread. Any idea how you made 240whp on 3.6psi? That seems awfully high. Must be the Big turbo, EL mani and full exhaust? The CXR kit only made 170whp (~195 if MT) at 5psi but that was a totally stock, untuned engine and exhaust.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

gt3076r turbo 3 inch turbo back exhaust and thats what tuning does for you tune your car it will mmake better power slaping a kit on is not the answer lol on 3.6 un tuned i made a whopping 200 whp tune it man tune it
Old 05-09-2009, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

gt3076r turbo 3 inch turbo back exhaust and thats what tuning does for you tune your car it will mmake better power slaping a kit on is not the answer lol on 3.6 un tuned i made a whopping 200 whp tune it man tune it
So you got 200whp pre-tune and 240whp post-tune at 3.6psi? That's a nice improvement but I have to ask why you bothered to get a tune on stock injectors? Anyway, as I keep saying, I'll be happy with ~200whp. I'm not looking for 300whp like you are. My primary concerns are good AFR and avoiding detonation. I believe that the stock ECU and knock sensor with 93 pump can retard the timing enough but I'll be watching it closely and if I need a FIC, I'll get one and a tune ASAP.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you get very bad stumbles and stall outs when not tuned tthe car hates it i wanted to find the threshold of stock injectors i have been on the dyno for longer then one can imagine i know what im talking about you will ruin your car if you go untuned just tune it
Old 05-09-2009, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you get very bad stumbles and stall outs when not tuned tthe car hates it i wanted to find the threshold of stock injectors i have been on the dyno for longer then one can imagine i know what im talking about you will ruin your car if you go untuned just tune it
Just for clarification, did you get bad stumbles and stalls running 3.6psi on the stock injectors before the tune? If so, how did it run post-tune with stock injectors? What was wrong before the tune? Rich, lean, both? I would guess it was lean since you were putting down 200whp on little 370cc injectors. Or was it that the stock ECU didn't compensate enough or fast enough when going into and out of boost?

I wish someone would hurry up and offer a PnP FIC harness!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Just to confirm, Treadstone and ANCLA are partners on the Tc and Xb kits. the Xb kits are made to order, and require a few extra components thats why the price is a littler higher. $3995.95 is the retail price. any questions feel free to ask.
~jason
Old 06-17-2009, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i had bad stumbles and the problem is you go lean on 3.6 pounds at wot i was hitting 13.5-14 on the afrs so i didnt drive hard as for driving around town the afrs are fine but boost dosent mean a thing its about temp compressor ratio cfm and all that say a little 16g will make hotter air needing less fuel my bigger turbo dosent start to superheat the air till in the mid 500hp range there is alot to look at. I maxed out 700cc injectors on 9 pounds had to move to 900cc the are almost maxed out to there is alot to do with it all i can say is driving around untuned is like kissing your motor goodbye if your going to run a kit go decendant i think its way over priced trash but it llooks reliable and user friendly they have a harness turbo toyotas is the way i went and never looked back this tredstone kit scares me never been a fan but with some managment that could be changed there is alot to look for

my kit from todd was 3000 without managment or fans and mine came with nice parts gt3076 3 inch down pipe tial wastegate nice pipes
Old 06-17-2009, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got a sick deal. i got mine from todd for around 2500 with no management. He does great work.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i had bad stumbles and the problem is you go lean on 3.6 pounds at wot i was hitting 13.5-14 on the afrs so i didnt drive hard as for driving around town the afrs are fine but boost dosent mean a thing its about temp compressor ratio cfm and all that say a little 16g will make hotter air needing less fuel my bigger turbo dosent start to superheat the air till in the mid 500hp range there is alot to look at. I maxed out 700cc injectors on 9 pounds had to move to 900cc the are almost maxed out to there is alot to do with it all i can say is driving around untuned is like kissing your motor goodbye if your going to run a kit go decendant i think its way over priced trash but it llooks reliable and user friendly they have a harness turbo toyotas is the way i went and never looked back this tredstone kit scares me never been a fan but with some managment that could be changed there is alot to look for

my kit from todd was 3000 without managment or fans and mine came with nice parts gt3076 3 inch down pipe tial wastegate nice pipes
Mine has stumbled a few times now. If I just mash the gas pedal at certain rpm, it goes lean, stumbles for a second then goes into open loop, afr goes between 11-12:1 and it takes off. To avoid this, I have to push the pedal down a little slower. It seems like there is some boost already there behind the throttle plate and if I just mash the gas, it takes a big gulp of air and the ECU doesn't respond quickly enough. Other than this, the OL afrs are very safe and there is no sign of any detonation with 93 pump.

I don't really like the Descendant kit because of the IC and mani. It was between CXR, TT and Ancla for me and I read too many horror stories about people waiting a year or more for kits and parts from TT to chance it. I wouldn't pay more than $3000 for the Ancla kit w/o EM so I went with CXR. Worst case, I can get a cast mani, Garrett turbo, Tial WG and have a custom DP made with all the money I saved initially. The CXR pipes, couplers, T-bands and IC are just fine.