Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

2011 XB Alpine HU

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:37 PM

Angry 2011 XB Alpine HU

I need some help here locating a competent dealership that I can get the ipod/iphone adapter cable for this deck. I went to two local dealerships and they acted like they had been riding the short bus all day. They had no idea what I was talking about and said that they knew of no such part #. Does anyone out there know for sure what adapter cable I need? I also called alpine and they said that their cable wont work with the Scion as its Toyota proprietary equipment. They didnt know the part number and told me to call the dealer. SOMEBODY HELP before I catch a CDC # (Kalifornia Dept of Corrections)

Thanks
Old 07-01-2010, 02:51 AM

The cable to connect the ipod/iphone to the Alpine deck is the same cable that you use to sync/charge your ipod/iphone. It has a USB connector on one end and the connector that fits into the base of your ipod/iphone on the other. Plug the USB end into the connector in the armrest and the other end into your ipod/iphone, push the ipod USB button on the Alpine Head Unit, enjoy the music.

Ted
2011 xB
Old 07-01-2010, 03:31 AM

Thanks Ted!!!! My prison stay has been suspended!!! The usb wouldnt work with the original radio. The dealer owed me the Alpine deck and installed it today. They told me that I would need an adapter. Go figure!!!! Anyway all is well and the usb connector work just fine.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:26 PM

If you want to truly hear what the Alpine HU is capable of, change out the speakers!!! Even though you have the upgraded HU, the speakers are the same as the stock Pioneer. I replaced mine with Focal Access 165 CA1's. The difference was dramatic. It was as if someone removed a vail from in front of the speakers. The mid bass was more pronounced and the highs were no longer shrill. I could make out individual instruments. Do yourself a BIG favor, get rid of the stock speakers and really enjoy your music.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:18 PM
SL Member

? will this headunit work in a 08?
Old 07-01-2010, 08:29 PM

I just picked up 6.5" Infinity Kappa's I will be putting them in tomorrow. Did you add an amp or sub yet. I am looking for a sub that will still allow me to have a usable hatchback. If you come across something let me know. Thanks again!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 PM

Unless you listen at ear bleed levels, you should be OK with the amps in the Alpine for the time being. The stock Pioneer mid range speaker has the mounting ring molded into the speaker. You will need a custom mounting ring made or be prepared to cut the speaker out of the mounting ring and figure out a way to attach the Kappas the the modded ring. As for a sub, you might be able to find a shallow mount sub and box and install it under the passenger seat. You will need a amp for the sub. Scion/Bazooka has a sub with built in amp that mounts in the right rear panel and plugs into the existing wire harness. I am waiting for the JL Stealthbox sub. I talked to JL about whether it will fit in the 2011. Their tech rep said it would not fit. I am not too sure if he knew for sure or was just blowing smoke.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmmm.... My 2010 xB had the adapter included with the Alpine upgrade. It was tied together and packaged in a little plastic bag that came with the stereo manual.

I guess it's not given to you with the Alpine head unit anymore?!

Old 07-09-2010, 10:03 PM

Are you talking about the mounting adapter for the HU or the speakers? The adapter I was referring to is for mounting 6.5" speakers in the front doors. If you remove the stock speakers from the doors, the aftermarket replacements will not fit without a mounting ring adapter.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:45 AM

Default Sirius Satellite for 2011 XB

Anyone aware of Sirius Satellite Radio interface for the (2011) new OEM Alpine 160 watt w/ rca inputs for subwoofer.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho....php?p=3550364

Originally Posted by DJTonkas_xB
? will this headunit work in a 08?