Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Help with F900BT, Various questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 11:10 PM
SL Member

Default Help with F900BT, Various questions.

I have the F900BT in my RS6. The ipod wasn't working so I decided to pull it out. I'm wireing it up for an aftermarket system anyways. The dealer did a horrible job on the install. There was literaly an entire roll of electrical tape used. So after 2 hours of cleaning up the wireing, I still have nothing for the ipod. Does anyone have any ideas? I have the latest 120GB ipod.

Next question is on the NAV and BT. I am going with a completly amplified system for the speakers. Will the NAV and BT still be heard through the speakers? I tried google and found nothing. Thanks for any help!

-JB
Old 04-27-2009, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes the nav and BT will come through the spkrs still.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:45 AM
SL Member

Good that solves one of my concerns, thanks!

-JB
Old 04-28-2009, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How is the iPod connected? Do you have the Pioneer iPod cable and "iPod" selected for the A/V input in the menu on the headunit?
Old 04-28-2009, 11:40 AM
SL Member

Yeah, I have the pioneer ipod cable and ipod selected in the av menu. I wonder if the 900bt doesn't support the newest ipod.

-JB
Old 04-28-2009, 01:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

on pioneers website
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ep...ty%20Chart.pdf
Old 04-28-2009, 05:34 PM
SL Member

Interesting, thanks for the link redline8k. I'll have to do somemore testing, otherwise I'll take it back to get fixed.

-JB
Old 04-28-2009, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i have had the avic f900bt since it came out. mine works with all ipods and my iphone 3G.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I believe it plays music from all the iPods/iPhones, it just doesn't charge some of the newer ones like the 3G iPhone and the iPod nano 4th Genereation
Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by DREWxB08
i have had the avic f900bt since it came out. mine works with all ipods and my iphone 3G.
When I was at the dealer I plugged in my iphone 3G into the RS6 in the showroom (not the car I bought). My 3G made it's ringing noise that it was connected. I don't get anything from the 900bt in my RS6. I'm thinking this is going to turn into the dealers problem real quick.

-JB
Old 04-28-2009, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Dynasty
SL Member

Not to be a thread jacker but I have another question about the F900BT, is their anyway u can turn off that annoying beep everytime u click something.... Drives me crazy!!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by mad-sciontist
Not to be a thread jacker but I have another question about the F900BT, is their anyway u can turn off that annoying beep everytime u click something.... Drives me crazy!!!!
I'm not sure about the F900BT, but on my DEH-P980BT I can.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Your ipod problems could be from a variety of things.

The new ipod cable for the F-series is crappy at best. What you can do is get an Apple Composite AV cable to see if that fixes your problem. You can also try another Pioneer ipod cable to see if that fixes your problem. Likely if the Apple cable doesn't fix it another Pioneer cable won't fix it either. You can try to master reset the F900 to see if that fixes your problem, likely it will not.

If none of those fixes your issue, like they didn't with my F90, your unit is the problem in which you'll either need to send it in for service or have it swapped out for another unit.

I had 2 F900's and 1 F90 before I came to the ultimate realization that the Pioneer F-series was a huge disappointment. Ascetically the unit is awesome in terms of function and quality the unit is by far the worth double din Pioneer has ever released.

Hopefully your problems won't go the range of mine and maybe you'll be able to find a solution quicker but if problems persist don't be overly surprised.

I've never seen people rush in to buy them and rush right back in to return them. The 2.0 update stopped the bleeding some but still didn't suffice the masses.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

@ecko04 - You're scaring me man, I am about to receive my F700BT!

www.avic411.com
Look around, there are instructions. I didn't get mine installed yet, so I dont know exactly how to do it, but I know you have to remove some file from the file system.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by AndreyCo
@ecko04 - You're scaring me man, I am about to receive my F700BT!

www.avic411.com
Look around, there are instructions. I didn't get mine installed yet, so I dont know exactly how to do it, but I know you have to remove some file from the file system.
That's the best and worst part about the unit, it runs Windows CE so you can do some back door hacking into it at the same time it is also why it is so sluggish.

Some people learn to deal with the units so you might not have a problem with it.

We sold the F700's at Circuit City and a guy bought 2 one for his mustang and one for his wife, and I installed them, about 2 weeks later he couldn't stand them. He bought me 2 Kenwood DNX7120's to replace them and he couldn't have been happier.

I got the F900 when it first came out....when I went through 2 of those the seller upgraded me to the F90 where I had the ipod issue the OP is having. I ultimately just returned it and got that same DN7120....couldn't have been happier.

Its a love hate relationship with the F-series with little to no wiggle room in between.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:52 AM
SL Member

Thanks for the info ecko! I'm on the verge of saying screw the 900. The functionality just plain sucks. I was looking at the new Kenwoods in a mag but I need to see them in person to be sure. All I know is, the 900 will not last long in my car.

-JB
Old 05-02-2009, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

You can turn down the master volume and not hear the beep but that will also turn off the navigation voice. You just can't get rid of that annoying beep
Old 05-02-2009, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes you can get rid of the beep but you have to reprogram the windows ce code to do it. its a common fix on the avic411 fourms. I myself will most likely be getting a alpine iva-x505 with the imprint unit and software. I really dont need nav all that much. I much rather have better sound and movies.
Ill keep everyone posted.
-nick
Old 05-02-2009, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RedMonster
You can turn down the master volume and not hear the beep but that will also turn off the navigation voice. You just can't get rid of that annoying beep
It's actually very easy to do. You put in a SD card with some special folders on it to boot into what they call "test mode" and it puts you in a windows environment. At that point you just navigate to the folder that has the sound files for the beep and either replace them with files that have the same name that have either a different sound or just silence. I decided to just make my beeps quieter and higher pitched...sounds pretty good imho.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by AndreyCo
Originally Posted by RedMonster
It's actually very easy to do. You put in a SD card with some special folders on it to boot into what they call "test mode" and it puts you in a windows environment. At that point you just navigate to the folder that has the sound files for the beep and either replace them with files that have the same name that have either a different sound or just silence. I decided to just make my beeps quieter and higher pitched...sounds pretty good imho.
Where do you get the "special folders"?

Quick Reply: Help with F900BT, Various questions.