Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Help with F900BT, Various questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RedMonster
Originally Posted by AndreyCo
Originally Posted by RedMonster
Originally Posted by mad-sciontist
Not to be a thread jacker but I have another question about the F900BT, is their anyway u can turn off that annoying beep everytime u click something.... Drives me crazy!!!!
You can turn down the master volume and not hear the beep but that will also turn off the navigation voice. You just can't get rid of that annoying beep
It's actually very easy to do. You put in a SD card with some special folders on it to boot into what they call "test mode" and it puts you in a windows environment. At that point you just navigate to the folder that has the sound files for the beep and either replace them with files that have the same name that have either a different sound or just silence. I decided to just make my beeps quieter and higher pitched...sounds pretty good imho.
Where do you get the "special folders"?
Folders with files that make your AVIC-Fxxx boot into what they call "test mode" so that you can do all kind of cool mods. You can find way more info about how to get those folders/files on www.avic411.com
Old 05-03-2009, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:03 AM
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Hate to ask a different question. Has anyones MSN direct just stop working ? I have to reset my radio and then it comes back. When it stops, no data is displayed and connection never happens when you press it. I have a new RS6.0. Any help would be great.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by toaster_4u
Hate to ask a different question. Has anyones MSN direct just stop working ? I have to reset my radio and then it comes back. When it stops, no data is displayed and connection never happens when you press it. I have a new RS6.0. Any help would be great.
I have an rs6.o and am having the same problem. Mine says that it is always connecting but does not display anything. It was working fine until about two weeks ago. I guess when they give you 3 free months it doesn't say working months
Old 05-05-2009, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

imho MSN direct is not worth it. It is much easier to find what I'm looking for on my iPhone than have to dig through the menu on the AVIC.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by AndreyCo
imho MSN direct is not worth it. It is much easier to find what I'm looking for on my iPhone than have to dig through the menu on the AVIC.
I have to agree. After the free service is up, I will not extend. The only part that was really cool was the automatic traffic re-route for the navi. In SoCal traffic really sucks and it was nice when it would route you off the freeway and avoid all the congestion.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats probably the ONLY way I would pay for the service, in a busy city with lots of freeways & traffic.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Default MSN Direct

I have had my RS6.0 for 2 months now and MSN just drops and I have to reset and it works again. Did any ever contact Pioneer or have any solutions other then get a new radio ? I would love to have it working because when it works it re-routes you when there is traffic.