Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

****SAD News another xB2 off the Road!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Default ****SAD News another xB2 off the Road!!

Last Wednesday i was with my parents taking care of a matter when my mom gets a call and she turns pal and says we gotta get to the house NOW.... I head back to my moms 4runner and proceed to our home asking her what happen as i driving she tells me some ran into our raw iron fence ( again ) but this time making there way thru not only taking down the fence but destroying my baby at the same time. My xB was parked in it s normal spot like always, as i rolled up to the house my heart dropped and could not be leave what has happen. The xB was moved 15FT from where she was parked and was a total mess, i was so angry and truly wanted to hurt the kid who did this. He says he was doing 30MPH and a 18 wheeler came off the corner and he had no choice but too slam into the fence and also taking out my baby.

Was hoping and praying it could be fixed but after a few days on life support sadly on Monday 10-5-2015 it was going to be totaled out do too frame damage and fire wall damage. She was hit on 9-30-2015 a day after her 8 year birthday (9-29-2007) since i got it new off the scion lot! she only had 44,xxx miles on 9-30-15 so sad i loved my xB.

I just wanna thank everyone on Scionlife for helping me get my baby to where she was, a lot of great scion owners here and im thankful to have bin apart of it.

Name:  DSC_0098_zpsrehkqo0u.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  34.5 KB

Name:  91673E6D-78CA-4AEE-9099-27FFBB839390_zps4nsxqccw.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  76.6 KB

Name:  300EC218-CC1A-40B8-8FA0-995603622266_zpsjni6jqjs.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  85.1 KB

Name:  B36ED257-F4A6-4B08-8317-34446923D76A_zpshhhesdot.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  100.8 KB

Name:  0D4B9CA9-FA8F-4676-8143-B8AC0F129E05_zpswagme1rw.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  120.0 KB

Name:  17BAF2B1-33D5-45E7-A340-E73C716F4F9D_zpsh3249eqd.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  83.3 KB

So now after all was said and done my baby totaled out, Insurance paid me and i was left carless and had to make a move. Looked into getting another 2015 xB but i could not do it just did not feel rite, i knew i wanted to have another toyota cause there just amazing cars. After tossing around the iM and a few other cars i decided on a 2016 Toyota Camry SE with moonroof and premium Entunes / nav/paddle shifters and a bunch of other extras in Blizzard Pearl.

Name:  EC5151D3-AC7D-4B40-A780-D3912A2D8EE1_zpsnt6bnqn9.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  107.9 KB
Name:  CCC11708-3220-4D57-A4A2-E841EED8C32E_zpsy0cacqzw.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  116.1 KB

Last edited by DREWxB08; 10-10-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn! That is such a shame that happened.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ouch! Are you kidding me?!?! So sorry to hear about this! Glad that you or your family wasn't hurt... And congrats on the new ride.

Also, that is not a 30mph hit. no way it went through the heavy fence AND hit your car pushing it 15 feet at 30mph..... ugh, this is painful to look at.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Sad to hear. She was a beautiful 2G.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm glad no one was hurt.

But man that sucks so bad. I've followed your build of that beautiful car since almost the beginning. You helped my own build a lot, and I'm sure helped NIA sell a lot of eyelids.

Your were also one of the last originals of the 2nd gen community on here. I loved how active this forum was years ago. It was one of the best car forums I've been a part of in years of car modding. Its too bad how much it slowed down, but I'm not one to talk, as I moved on to another car as did everybody else.

Congratulations on the new camry, looks sweet. I'd like to ask you, what made you choose the camry over getting another xb or an im, or anything else toyota. Reason I ask is I'll be in the same boat in a couple of months, will also be checking out another xb, im, any toyota really. I miss my xb a lot and think a lot about getting another one, but I'm not sure. I guess its like you said, it doesn't feel totally right.

Also is there any aftermarket parts or things you can do to that new generation camry? I mod every car I own, its a sickness, so any car I consider buying I look at parts available. What are your plans with it?

Good luck with the new ride friend!
Old 10-15-2015, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mikey_Boy
I'm glad no one was hurt.

But man that sucks so bad. I've followed your build of that beautiful car since almost the beginning. You helped my own build a lot, and I'm sure helped NIA sell a lot of eyelids.

Your were also one of the last originals of the 2nd gen community on here. I loved how active this forum was years ago. It was one of the best car forums I've been a part of in years of car modding. Its too bad how much it slowed down, but I'm not one to talk, as I moved on to another car as did everybody else.

Congratulations on the new camry, looks sweet. I'd like to ask you, what made you choose the camry over getting another xb or an im, or anything else toyota. Reason I ask is I'll be in the same boat in a couple of months, will also be checking out another xb, im, any toyota really. I miss my xb a lot and think a lot about getting another one, but I'm not sure. I guess its like you said, it doesn't feel totally right.

Also is there any aftermarket parts or things you can do to that new generation camry? I mod every car I own, its a sickness, so any car I consider buying I look at parts available. What are your plans with it?

Good luck with the new ride friend!

Thank you for the kind words Mikey and the support thru the years. We as Scion owners have stuck together and have shared our thoughts and ideas to one another.

If this did not happen i still would be with my xb cause lord knows i loved my car and it treated me amazing the last 8 years. To see it go from a stock xb to an xB i was truly proud of and made it mine.

Well it took me a few days to wrap all this around my head cause i was so angry and sad about this. Also i had to wait for the insurance to let me know wether or not it could be fixed or not, but dew to frame and fire wall damage that did not happen.

The first car i looked at was a 2015 xB in Super White again and a 5speed this time, after looking at it sitting in it i just could not come to buying it. I loved the Version 1 of the second gen xB and was not a huge fan of the refresh. I also truly felt i would never be as happy with a new one in the long run, I than looked a Kia Soul and it was really nice but the still had the Eh feeling toward it.

i had to go back to Toyota and sign papers with the insurance and get some things outta the way. I than looked at the Scion iM nice car but too small and sounds like a dust buster when you step on it. After that i was just sitting there and my mom pointed out the new camry, from a distance i was like hmm did not think of that car at all. I than went and test drove an SE and man it was so comfy , loved the black and red stitching on the seats and dash and i really like the front of the car. Also i got a deal since scion is pure pricing there is no wiggle room , The Camry i chose SE model came nicely equipped and always room to add things.

You and i are the same Sir!! Cant drive anything stock!!!

Plans are:

Loweing Springs or Coilovers

This month or next the (Toyota) XSP lip kit should be out at dealers.

Gonna transfer some of my VIP goodies i have into the camry.

Wheels for sure torn between 18's & 19's, see a lot of 20"s but im not a fan. In the long run i think 18"s will win 18x8.5 maybe 18x9 noting too overboard.

Gonna add HID's and the interior LED's.

K&N Intake.

Megan Strut bar.

Just add a simple subwoofer little extra.

Vinyl the roof Gloss Black.

Cant think of anything else at the moment lol
Old 10-15-2015, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by HATEnFATE
Sad to hear. She was a beautiful 2G.
Originally Posted by midtowndesi
Ouch! Are you kidding me?!?! So sorry to hear about this! Glad that you or your family wasn't hurt... And congrats on the new ride.

Also, that is not a 30mph hit. no way it went through the heavy fence AND hit your car pushing it 15 feet at 30mph..... ugh, this is painful to look at.

Thanks guys, it still sucks and cant be leave this happen.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DREWxB08
Thanks guys, it still sucks and cant be leave this happen.
Dang, Drew, sorry this happened. I always dread the day I would lose my second XB2. Nice choice on the Camry though, nice looking and plenty of options available. See you on the flip side.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
The Family
SL Member

Damn that sux. Would hate to lose either of my Boxes. I agree on the new Scions. Just can't get excited about them. I would probably go Camry or FRS.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:13 AM
5 Year Member

My jaw dropped when I saw the wrecked xB....RIP