2 years free maintenance with new purchase

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by natesi
What did they do?

I was thinking about using synthetic too.... so the free oil changes wouldn't really do anything for me in that case.
The tech stomped sand into the car and scratched up my sill. I don't anticipate ever taking it back there if I can avoid it.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

x2 on synthetics.. this one would only make my truck wait longer to get synthetics
Old 11-01-2010, 05:51 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrevorS
The tech stomped sand into the car and scratched up my sill. I don't anticipate ever taking it back there if I can avoid it.
I hate it when dealerships do that shtuff. I've never had good service, at any dealership, with any brand, anywhere. One time a dealership dented my car and I made them replace the hood. When the painted the hood, they got overspray all over the vehicle, the glass, etc. When they complementary washed it, they put a huge gash in the paint when toweling it off. They tried to buff that out only to buff the paint off, down the the primer. And that's just ONE of the things they did to damage my car.

Seems like this kind of crap is par for the course... get on any car forum, and everyone hates the dealership service. Do all the newb slackers go to work there, or what?
Old 11-01-2010, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

On my second complimentary oil change who ever worked on it dropped my DISCONTINUED TRD Japan oil cap which left a nice nick on an edge, and also drops of oil was not wiped off my air diversion panel. They offered the TRD oil cap with the red lettering and I just took that and left shaking my head. I was later told that Saturday mornings is when they likely have new techs working on the cars. Before that incident there was when i had the center caps replaced(RS 5.0 18" TRD wheel) and there are scratches from when they pried at the with a screwdriver(or whatever tool used) from the outside. I actually take off the wheel and pop them out with the handle of a hammer, I don't know why they used the pry and scratch $#£+ up method. Regardless, take care of items as if they were gold, with care, if not, find someone who does/will. In the end, DIY FTW.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by AAG
I thought Toyota extended the oil change intervals to 10k now that 0w-20 is the recommended oil weight? I know for sure the Camry was...
They extended it only on the vehicles where 0w-20 is the only recommended weight; for those that still list both 0w-20 and 5w-20 it's still 5k.

Or something...
Old 11-06-2010, 08:16 AM
ayS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jnaval
I could care less about these kinds of promotions, I didn't even use my two free oil changes.
x2
Old 11-07-2010, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am very impressed with the reliability of both the XB1 at 35Kmiles & XB2 at 15K miles - not one problem. Not even the pink line.

I have always done my own oil changes and other items that I can fix as an amateur mechanic, so I was able to head off a potential problem with the filter adapter. I called the dealership about that and they didn't seem to think it was an issue, so not using the free oil changes has been a bonus to my "security of mind". Other than that, they have been perfect so far - no need to knock on wood either.

I recorded the filter issue here, it applies to the XB1 engine also. The video doesn't seem to work anymore - typical of photobucket - but there are pictures after that, with a solution at the end. If you need to change the number of "turns on" for your filter, you will need a 12mm internal hex. 4 threads is what the typical oil filter has in them, so there is no benefit adding more than that.

(the movie worked on the second attempt - when I tested the link)