Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

2011 xB (abandon ship!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had a 2006 Scion Xb, and i just traded it in 2 weeks ago for the 2011. I absolutely love the 2011, it is such a fantastic car. All of the subtle things that the 2006 didn't have (like cruise control, an arm rest, a center console), just make me absolutely love the car. I got the TRD exhuast which sounds awesome, and I had them put on the TRD lowering springs which makes it look great. I got the windows tinted and I put in the weathertech in channel vent visors.

The car looks fantastic, and I am just waiting until I have more time to put rims on it and do other work. Should look fantastic when I get done.

My only problem is they don't have a cold air intake for it yet(and since I already paid for it in my loan, I kind of want it now). Anyone hear a date of when the cold air intake will be released?
Old 06-30-2010, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

my 05 had cruise,armrest, and center console
Old 07-01-2010, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

It's some kind of psychological thing. . . offer the options for a few bucks and nobody takes them and acts as if they never existed.

Raise the price more than the cost of the options and give them standard, and it's suddenly better.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scion lost their mojo when they switched the original xB into a bloated turd and downgraded the xA to the xD. Their sales have dropped ever since. Toyota has gone stupid and they aren't getting any better.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

^ Don't forget giving the 2nd gen tC the same face as a Dodge Nitro.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by econobox
Scion lost their mojo when they switched the original xB into a bloated turd and downgraded the xA to the xD. Their sales have dropped ever since. Toyota has gone stupid and they aren't getting any better.

what does downgrade entail? the xD ( Ist) is the replacement for the xA ( Ist) in Japan. How is that a downgrade? it's a little bigger and has more power. man, some downgrade....And i will reiterate, Scion needs to go back to bringing the JDM cars over. well, at least the bB. THAT's what we're looking for. the squarish, easy to modify, cute cars.

Hey Scion! ever seen this one? i don't care if anyone likes this particular bB, but it gets the point across
Old 07-29-2010, 08:44 PM

We just bought a 2011 xB. Only have about 700 miles on it, but like it alot. There are many standard features that we have never had with previous vehicles. Gas mileage isn't as good as it was with the 1st generation, but we are getting in the low 30's right now which is on par with our Ford Focus wagon.

Name:  IMG_1416.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  120.5 KB
Old 07-30-2010, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by JDMJim
what does downgrade entail? the xD ( Ist) is the replacement for the xA ( Ist) in Japan. How is that a downgrade? it's a little bigger and has more power. man, some downgrade....And i will reiterate, Scion needs to go back to bringing the JDM cars over. well, at least the bB. THAT's what we're looking for. the squarish, easy to modify, cute cars.

Hey Scion! ever seen this one? i don't care if anyone likes this particular bB, but it gets the point across
agreed
not replacing the xb with new bb was the start of the Scion downturn
Old 07-30-2010, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

scion has gone downhill since the new xb, they've basicly cut out all of their big events, of course the scion shows and stuff don't affect arkansas much because we NEVER got any love from the corporate offices (GST) in the first place, the 2, I repeat TWO times that scion has had their rig here it was because the toyota dealership paid the huge price to have it here for 1 day (around 15k per day), HI and AK get more love from scion then we do and we are only a few hours from their regional offices

oh and SCION the TC and XB2 should have died out years ago, the xb 2 is heading into 5 years out, the tc 7 wtf?!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I saw one of these @ Formula Drift in the new brown. Not bad at all, I actually like it better then the 08+...just my .02
Old 08-03-2010, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

cars need to by symmetrical!!! i get a nervous twitch when i see the rear bumper of a new xB because of the single reverse light, i almost have a seizure when i see a Nissan Cube. the left and right exterior must mirror eachother. i know its slightly OCD but c'mon ! make it the same left to right. i love my 1st gen Xb
Old 08-03-2010, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SilyOtter
cars need to by symmetrical!!! i get a nervous twitch when i see the rear bumper of a new xB because of the single reverse light, i almost have a seizure when i see a Nissan Cube. the left and right exterior must mirror eachother. i know its slightly OCD but c'mon ! make it the same left to right. i love my 1st gen Xb
Cmon, you obviously haven't even looked at a pic of the rear of a 2011...the single reverse lamp is gone. They are now in the tail lamps, one on each side.

So much hate for the 08+ cars in this thread. Wow.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Scream
Cmon, you obviously haven't even looked at a pic of the rear of a 2011...the single reverse lamp is gone. They are now in the tail lamps, one on each side.

So much hate for the 08+ cars in this thread. Wow.
Aside from that last comment (being that he didn't notice the change). . . would you say that the hate is unfounded or based on something? Most of the people commenting are current/former owners, who were initially in love with the brand. Of course we all have differing opinions, and many people in fact love the new models.

But hey, there's also this site too http://www.aztekfanclub.com/.
I'm sure none of us troll over there to start trouble, as none of us here are trolls either. We're simply current and former owners dissatisfied with the design direction, and being vocal. As soon as people stopped deleting my posts and trying to silence negative comments, I mellowed out. All some of us want is to simply be heard, hence why this thread has slowed to a crawl. No reason for us to continue whining.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:52 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I saw an Army Rock 2011 the other day. I really like that color.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I'm a current owner and I love my 2011. Instead of pointing out the things I don't like about the first gen, I talk about the things I like about my car. Different strokes for different folks. The one Scion show that I attended had a good mix of all Scion vehicles, and everyone seemed to welcome each other and be genuinely interested to hang out with other Scion owners. I bought into the brand image that they portray. I kinda thought there would be a little more harmony in the Scion community, instead it seems like tC vs 1st gen xB vs 2nd gen xB, with all three groups being anti-2011 xB and tC.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

You completely left out the xA's and xD's!!!!! That kinda says a lot in itself about those cars!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Just bought a 2011 Xb two days ago and I love it. Everyone has there opinion tho. So now I have the 2011 Xb, and a 2007 Xb. Best of both worlds to me. Just wish I never got rid of my Hot Lava
Old 08-03-2010, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Jessr!!!!! I still remember the days of sac and Jim Carey causing havoc! I loved ur lava! Why did you get rid of it???!!!!!! Why?????? I would easily pay $20k for
A new one if they still made 'em.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

DJ!!!!!!!!!! How you doing? I sold the Lava and bought a Chrysler 300....

What ever happen to jim carrey? He was hella funny............
Old 08-09-2010, 07:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does not look to attractive.

Quick Reply: 2011 xB (abandon ship!)