Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Clear Bra Installed - can you even tell - I didn't think so

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:27 AM

Default Clear Bra Installed - can you even tell - I didn't think so

It was hard but I tried not to drive my new XB much before I could get the Clear Bra put on. I had it done at P&H Protection of Chandler Arizona do the work, I was very pleased with the installation. I also had blue film put one the head lights and the lamps on the side view mirrors.

Binh did such a good job on the clear bra I didn't feel that I got my moneys worth and thats because you can't even tell that its there. But I guess thats the whole point.

And yes the stock wheels have to go.

BEFORE

AFTER

Old 07-03-2007, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What'd that set you back, and how much of the front end got covered?
Old 07-03-2007, 04:57 PM

That looks hot! Love the blue lights.

Which company did you get the clear bra from??? How much??
Old 07-03-2007, 11:54 PM

Love the blue tint on the white box. Picked mine up 6/27 but haven't had much time with it, thinking about clear bra before something happens and now tint for the lights. Do you remember what colors are available, although the blue is probably the best choice. It looks great.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:00 PM

Clear, Smoke, & Blue, The stuff is really thick (30mils)
I think the Smoke would look good also but I thought a little color would be nice.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:00 PM

Thnaks, was hoping there would be a green glass bottle color, thought that would look good also. I'm in Scottsdale, Airpark Tint has done my tint etc. to all my previous rides. They want $240 for hood, mirrors, fenders & $450 for bumper area. Is that in line with your pricing? I've got the white also and saw one at the Pavillions last Sunday. Got mine at Camelback, how about you?
Old 07-04-2007, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are the tinted lights sprayed on or is it just an overlay you can take off? I'm looking to get a smoked look for my xB, but I don't want to do the oven method or whatnot. I want something I can revert back to stock anytime...
Old 07-04-2007, 09:55 PM

The hood, mirrors, fenders, and complete front for $550 the Blue on the headlights and lamps on the mirror was an extra $100 but he spent extra time on them, the computer template was not quite right so he modified it to overlay better. The blue is a very thick 30mil 3M overlay that could be removed like the clear bra
Old 07-05-2007, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how does the clear bra work. wont rocks and debris still hit your bumper and will it not pierce through the film??
Old 07-05-2007, 08:26 PM

Here is some info from phprotection.com

Diamond Guard Products
3M Paint Protection Products - 8 mil. Auto Paint Guard products protect the leading edge of your vehicle from damage caused by rocks, gravel, salt or insects through the application of a thin and virtually invisible urethane film. We use X-Pel patterns which are computer cut to ensure rapid and damage free installation.
All paint protection products are made using 3M Scotchguard™ Paint Protection Film which is a rugged eight mil (.008") clear urethane plastic employing a clear-coat finish for maximum shine. This durable material has been used successfully for years by the military, various auto manufacturers, and NASCAR race teams in rock chip prone areas with incredible results.
3M Clear Bra Paint Protection products are maintenance free. They won't damage your paint and they do not alter your vehicle's aerodynamics or appearance. The 3M Clear Bra Film is warranted by 3M™ not to yellow, crack or peel for 5 years after installation.

Custom Colored Headlight Protection Products
- 27 mil. Auto Paint Guard headlamp protection products are made from a scratch-resistant, urethane material coupled with the strongest optically clear 3M adhesive available. Designed for maximum durability, our light covers have been laboratory tested under harshest of circumstances with amazing results. Our covers will withstand a barrage of 1" diameter stones (about 1oz.) fired at a speed of 120 mph with no damage to the lens they protect. Though the likelihood of this ever happening to your car in the real world is slim, it is nice to know that your expensive lenses are protected in any scenario. Colored headlights including smoke, yellow and blue are also available for any vehicle.