Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Delivery Time Frame

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Delivery Time Frame

Can somebody please shed some light here...

i had ordered an 08 XB towards the end of July. Since I had pretty much opted for all (80%) the accessories available

The dealership told me that instead of the 1 week required to locate the car..they'd have to special order it from the land of the rising sun ..this way i could save on labor charges for fitting a couple of the accessories and would be available before Aug 22nd. The car arrived at port here at NJ sometime on Aug 7th. That is the last I heard about any change to the status of the car.

Is my wait justified . I didnt have to wait so long with my 4Runner which took at most 2 weeks to be delivered.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whoa....

it may be different because of the parts you ordered, but my xB took a week only because of how picky i was about the color. They DXed the car from another dealership. I had ordered on a Saturday, it was in by Tuesday, though the Nav system took another few days to get in.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:47 PM
SL Member
Scion Evolution

What acc. did you order? Did you order some of them that are not available at the moment? I know some of them are backordered or waiting to be re-released.

If your dealer really wanted to sell the vehicle they could of worked with you on the labor charges for all those acc.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

doesnt sound like too much a long wait for gettin it w/ all the stuff you want. should've just taken an incoming car, you would've had it and like bllodhound said, they shouldve worked w/ you
Old 08-27-2007, 07:44 PM

These are the acc's i ordered..
Exterior: Rear Spoiler (R7)
Exterior: Fog Light Kit (LJ)
Interior: Cargo Net (GN)
Interior: C-Pillar Storage (6D)
Interior: Floor and Cargo Mats (CF)
Interior: Sport Steering Wheel (SW)
Interior: Scion Security System (V5)
Sound: Sound: Pioneer Premium Audio System (P3)
Wheels: Wheels: 19 Inch TRD Alloy Wheel (L7)
Performance: *TRD Sport Muffler (37)
Performance: *TRD Rear Sway bar (HR)
Performance: *TRD Performance Air Filter (3F)
Performance: *TRD Performance Clutch (PCL)
Performance: *TRD Torque-Biasing Differential for 5-Speed Manuals (TB)

Out of the above the only thing to be installed by the dealer was the clutch and the differential.....and that too at $1450 for labor..thats the price quoted by 2 toyota dealers here in Weschester County, NY...rest all would be done either at port or would be done at the factory

bloodhound..can you tell me what acc's are backordered? I may just ask that they skip these and give me a car..cant take the piercing glaces from my wife when i need to take her "truck" out for meeting with the boys!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know the spoiler is on backorder, dont know about anything else
Old 08-30-2007, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member

I don't think that you wait is that bad at all. I had ordered mine on June 6 and didn't get to pick it up till Aug. 3 !
Old 08-30-2007, 01:36 PM

I also ordered one with a lot of accessories. I ordered on August 11th, and I'm still waiting. They've been trying to get the car from another dealer in the meantime, but without much luck. And if they manage to find it at another dealer, they'll then have to order the parts (though I assume that if I wait for the one coming in specifically for me, the parts that were ordered with that will already be on it).
Old 09-28-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Got mine yday!!

From giving the order on July 29th to yesterday..just short of 2 full months..i received my super white box..and man did the wait justify the product..

the spoilers and the TRD 19" wheels makes the car look too good to take it on the roads. The clutch and the differential makes for some real fun driving. Its almost as if the car is not a 4 cylinder slug..but a rocket..will post some pics over the weekend..

a question around the 19"..how do you think they'll hold upto a typlecal NY winter - 2 to 3 inches of the wet white stuff about 4 times a season?? I am thinking that i may need to put down some money on regular rims and tires..any thoughts?

Also other than downloading from the pioneer website, is there anyway to change the display color from the god-awful white/blue to the orange on the premium HU?

Thanks