Final UPDATES 8/21/08

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 12:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they were msr 096
Old 07-18-2008, 05:29 PM

It really doesnt look that bad!! I m sorry that it happen i know the feeling i had a car stolen with just 5 payments left. it was found fully stripped. Think of it as a rebuilding stage. at least you have your taillights.

yeah! insurance companies usually cover factory items any modifications you make its on you. There as bad as car dealers when you try trading in a hooked up car.

befoe modding think alarm first!!!! Good Luck with the car
Old 07-18-2008, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by redline8k
sad thing is its most likely someone you know or who had worked on the car. maybe they cut a key and just drove it a way. Im not sure about the battey though, thats a new one on me. spent the cash and get a good alarm with paging technology. its good for up to a mile and you will know if anything is going on with the car. Glad to see your getting your car back. hope everything else goes well.
-nick
Nick is right you need to get yourself a good alarm. I'm lucky I lasted so long without one and the risk I took by doing that was crazy. I didnt realize what could've happened... but now I got a ZENESIS and its really a good alarm. I hope you feel better. It kinda hurts to read about how you feel about your xB now. Like someone else said, it wasnt your boxes fault so dont treat it like it means nothing now. No things arent the same, but let this be a learning experience. Next time you know... Start over, Im sorry. It is a shame what happens... and its a shame people have no respect or sympathy for others. Just remember... What goes around, comes around. So keep your head up.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

im with the other guy if someone takes my car just destroy id be happy just not getting in to it again id feel so just violated and to steal a car just for the wheels geez
Old 07-18-2008, 09:19 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by jonmach12
there was no visible damage to the door, no visible damage to the ignition..... beats me how the jack it
The only other logical explanation is they towed it or they had/made a copy of the key (not likely).
Old 07-18-2008, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i did have it serviced thursday and had to take it back on friday.... so they could have made a key, pops thinks they lifted it
Old 07-19-2008, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am really really glad you got your ride back.

Man I can't even think about how that ordeal made you feel. Talk about a type of all time low.

Here's to the future and many great memories in your box!!!

Is there any damage to it?
Old 07-19-2008, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude that sucks...i believe that once you get it running again youll be able to tell for sure how they jacked it...imo if it runs like it did before and nothing is grimding or what not then that means they had a key of some sort...but if it sounds like a baby rattle then they dragged it...either way it sucks...i hope that you can get it running again asap and dont be afraid...it happens to everyone...
Old 07-19-2008, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and the run around starts with the insurance
Old 07-19-2008, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some low life crack smoking waste of air stole a camper trailer form me. Three days before the insurance co. was going to write me a check for more than i could hope for the police call "Good news we found your camper. Come on down and pick it up or we will have to tow it and you will be responsible for impound and towing fees" Sundenly I go from a winfall to worying about how much this will cost me. What looked to me like a few hundred dollars in missing parts and scratches turned into 7K in parts and labor when an estimater was done with his siphering. So I took the money paid off the loan and replaced the parts my self; I think I can live with a few scratches.

So look your car over closely, as far as your concerned the car was cherry not even a rock chip in the front end. Your insurance co. might not pay for the wheels you had but at the least they will give you full replacement vaue for the stock wheels. Any scratches under the hood? They weren't there bofore. The floor mats were perfect; cleaning wont fix that, get new ones plus the cost of installation. All those little things can add up. Did they jack up your car properly? Looks like the springs are bent best to replace those and the shocks. You should be there when the estimater does their thing; they may not notice those scratches in the paint that weren't there before. And all the underbody and suspension damage thats invisable to the naked eye. It's like a motocycle helmet after a minor crash it may not appear damaged but it's damaged on the inside and needs to be replaced.

Insurance companies sell pieces of paper. Seldom do they have to pay anything back. You might notice how heavy W. Buffet and Berkshire bet on insurance companies, becouse they always pay off. So don't be shy about getting everyting fixed and then some.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Dang...im sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats why i have a alarm, lo jack, and wheel locks to make sure things like that dont happen! always protect your investments!
Old 07-21-2008, 03:06 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

The insurance company should replace the wheels for you. Like you had said earlier, they would not replace the iPod cause it was not bolted to the car. The wheels where. You have pictures to prove it. Dont let them screw you over. Fight for everything that was on the car. They should not really fight you over it.
Just for example. I wrecked my 07 tahoe. Had a K&N Intake and clear bra on it. They replaced the intake when they fixed the damage and gave me a check for $850 for the clear bra on it. I didnt even have to argue over it. The adjuster really knew his stuff and noticed all the stuff and I did have to point it out at all.
Just keep on them. They should not fight the rims thing at all. The iPod is pretty common. That is not a actual part of the car. Good luck on it all.
If I am right, they can make a key off the VIN number now. So a alarm will always slow then down, if they really want it, they are going to get it. I would ask the dealership that did the work, What was done and who worked on it? Might start raising some eyebrows and that might be all you need really.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the info.... found out that the rims are going to be covered.... there is a few other things that i'll be looking into just to make sure..... now debating on getting the same rims again or not... also i did have the wheel lock but like stated before, if they want it they are going to get it...... oh but while i was out of town i was told it rain some and i know the driver side window was down, not sure if its broken because it wasnt down when it was taken, so ill have to look into that also
Old 07-21-2008, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jonmach12
thanks for the info.... found out that the rims are going to be covered.... there is a few other things that i'll be looking into just to make sure..... now debating on getting the same rims again or not... also i did have the wheel lock but like stated before, if they want it they are going to get it...... oh but while i was out of town i was told it rain some and i know the driver side window was down, not sure if its broken because it wasnt down when it was taken, so ill have to look into that also
at least you get to choose rims again!!
Old 07-21-2008, 12:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true true....... just dont know if i should get 20's again or down size this time
Old 07-21-2008, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do the 17s for the good look and great ride
Old 07-21-2008, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They yanked the battery in case of Lojack.......
Old 07-21-2008, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh i see..... well my sister was at the dealership because they some how sent her the wrong plates for her tC, she got plates that belong to a xB.... and they manage to jack up her vin number some how, and she brought up what happen to my car and they told her that the dealership would pay my deductible.... so ima investigate it
Old 07-22-2008, 02:32 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sad you had to put up with your xB being stolen, angry that it was damaged even a little, and angry that you have to battle your insurance company over coverage, happy you got it back, and happy that things seem to be eventually working out.

(If it appears entry was with a key, you will want to push for changing locks...)

Take care,

Quick Reply: Final UPDATES 8/21/08