Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Gah, I need an owner's manual for this thing.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 03:44 PM

Default Gah, I need an owner's manual for this thing.

So, last night I stopped to pick up some food, and locked the xB with the fob. I hit it a couple times since I didn't hear any sort of confirmation.

When I came out later I found the car had been running the whole time; I'd hit the remote start somehow. Not only did I not know how I did it, I didn't know how to shut it off beyond opening the door with the key physically and getting in and all that noise.

Between that and a few other things I don't know about the car, like:
- How to fix the clock (I assume it's all about pressing and holding the Disp stem when the clock is up)
- How definitively to reset the tpms
- Whether I even HAVE tpms stems on my wheels
- What the ASL setting means on the stereo (I assumed Aux Sound Level, but even on high my aux is very quiet)
- How to stop the sunroof from auto-closing when I shut the car off.

...anybody got a manual? It's an 08.

Thanks
Old 03-08-2012, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Power sunroof , dam didn't know you could get that option . Is it only on US xb's ?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I believe it's auto sound level. So when you speed up or slow down it raises and lowers depending on speed. The TOM'S is under the knee panel. Push and hold or go to a dealer. The clock, you have to not be in motion. Tpms stems are grey. At least factory.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. Remote start: If you are equipped with TRD Remote Start, here is the appropriate procedure: press the Lock button on your fob two times and then depress the button. This action needs to be completed within 3 seconds. The car will beep with confirmation that remote start has been engaged. When the vehicle turns on, the car's hazard lights will flash for 20 seconds. To turn off remote start, simply press the Unlock button on your fob. You cannot enter the vehicle with the car on as it will automatically shut off if you open a door.

2. On the clock screen, simply depress the Disp stem to adjust the clock.

3. To reset the TPMS, disengage the negative battery terminal for at least 20 minutes. If you have OEM steelies and tires, your vehicle is equipped with TPMS standard. If you do not have it, you will notice an indicator light in your instrument cluster ignited. It will look like a flat tire. As a general indicator that your vehicle is equipped with TPMS, the valve stems have a green cap on each wheel.

4. ASL means Auto Sound Leveling. Your OEM headunit is equipped with the feature of fine-tuning the sound levels based on noise intrusion. When engaged while driving, your sound will adjust slightly higher in order to compensate for sound intrusion. When idling or slowing down, you'll notice the sound level slightly diminishes in order to create more ambiance. You can disengage this feature in your Audio menu settings. When on the ASL screen, simply depress the volume dial to turn it off. You can also adjust sensitivity in order to compensate for your preferences.

5. Sunroof auto-close. This is a security feature. You will need to get in touch with the manufacturer of your sunroof for more vehicle specific information. Typically Webasto is the sunroof manufacturer. You might want to consult a technician at your local dealership for more information.

6. If you would like to order an OEM manual, you can always order them from eBay for fairly reasonable prices.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by pyroman131
1. Remote start: If you are equipped with TRD Remote Start, here is the appropriate procedure: press the Lock button on your fob two times and then depress the button. This action needs to be completed within 3 seconds. The car will beep with confirmation that remote start has been engaged. When the vehicle turns on, the car's hazard lights will flash for 20 seconds. To turn off remote start, simply press the Unlock button on your fob. You cannot enter the vehicle with the car on as it will automatically shut off if you open a door.
Well, mine must be weird. Once it was started, nothing I pressed on the fob would shut it off, and I unlocked the door with the physical key and got in, and still had to put the key in, turn it to on and then to off, to get it to shut down.

3. To reset the TPMS, disengage the negative battery terminal for at least 20 minutes. If you have OEM steelies and tires, your vehicle is equipped with TPMS standard. If you do not have it, you will notice an indicator light in your instrument cluster ignited. It will look like a flat tire. As a general indicator that your vehicle is equipped with TPMS, the valve stems have a green cap on each wheel.
I have stock steelies, but it looks like the TPMS stems are gone. Perhaps the previous owner didn't like them? =0\