Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

GAH! Mission Impossible......

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default GAH! Mission Impossible......

Unbelievable... This morning I went for a run upon getting back into my ride the wind takes my door blows it open and smashes it into a light pole that was nearby causing a big dent in my door, NOTE my car has less then 700 miles on it...

I go to my buddy who does paint-less dent removal and he worked out the dent very nicely for $50... that night I take my girl and kids out to eat and a curb jumps out in front of me and bites the hell out of my front rim......Give me a freaking break!! what are the odds that would happen in one day and I wouldn't even be drunk! (I don't drink).

How do you guys keep your cars nice as far as scratches and dents? the paint seems to be made of playdoh, scratches/chips very easy and the metal is made from a soda can.. If I blow on it really had I can dent it... It seems the 1st Gen was stronger?

Keeping car show quality while using it = Mission Impossible!!!!

the hidden dent:

my poor rim:

My only good news is my new eyelids thanks to Forjworks!:

Last edited by vedlinyrim; 06-06-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

put on a shirt bro...lol. but anyway i noticed that the more careful and cautious i am the more my car gets dinged/scratched or whatever so with the xb i just dont care too much about it and all i have on it so far after 2 years is the rock chips on the front and whatever hairline swirl scratches from washing it. ohh and show car quality + daily driver...not gonna happen
Old 06-06-2012, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by flyingemu05
put on a shirt bro...lol. but anyway i noticed that the more careful and cautious i am the more my car gets dinged/scratched or whatever so with the xb i just dont care too much about it and all i have on it so far after 2 years is the rock chips on the front and whatever hairline swirl scratches from washing it. ohh and show car quality + daily driver...not gonna happen

haha I didn't even notice the reflection, come on now we don't have shirts in Hawaii I only have my loin cloth on .... Ya I am just thinking about doing parking lot car shows nothing serious like what I use to do with HIN and such. This car is giving me grey hairs I even tell my kids dust off your feet before you get into the car LOL.. although I already know I cant keep it looking nice forever I was just hoping that the first ding would be atleast over the 1500 mile mark ... The box was made in Japan the metal came from China (I can say that I am part Chinese)
Old 06-06-2012, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My car isn't quite show quality but...well.....I just don't drive into ****.....

Car still looks great.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AnotherDude
...well.....I just don't drive into ****.....

Car still looks great.

Thanks lol, like I said the curb jumped out at me!
Old 06-07-2012, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've given up on crying over ever dent, scratch and chip... They still upset me but I just shrug it off and say whatever.. I have come to the conclusion that it is only going to be a family car from now on. My rc car is my project now.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RedDragons
I've given up on crying over ever dent, scratch and chip... They still upset me but I just shrug it off and say whatever.. I have come to the conclusion that it is only going to be a family car from now on. My rc car is my project now.

LMAO thats smart, I need to do that!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the worst ones are the ones you can do nothing about.. I was trying to exit a parking lot, and off the semi flies some CRAZY piece of metal, chips the asphalt, the huge metal plate missed my car, but the chiunks of asphalt chip the paint... toyota paint is VERY VERY soft.. ask any detailer and they'll tell you that. It's very hard to work with some heavy duty compounds and polishes because of it.. Ive spent well over $1000 on detailing equipment and no matter what.... yeah my paint looks good when i spend the time to remove the swirls and scratches but bottom line it's my daily and $h!ts gonna happen.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wink

Best plan to avoid any body damage is NOT to drive it at all.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh and I forgot to mention in my last post my wife curb rashed the crap outta my wheels, luckily I still am running the stock steelies until the tires need replaced then I am getting some rims. But she hit the curb and just pressed right on through I was like WTF ARE YOU DOING! I told her shes not allowed to drive it once I get rims, she will have her new car hopefully by then.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've so far had two PDR repairs and I've applied touch-up paint a number of times. I beat the crap out of my right front aftermarket rim with curb rash and spent a fair amount of time sanding to make it look at least acceptable ! Right now it needs PDR to remove a tree seed-pod-bomb dent from the near-windshield center front and two more very slight ones just behind the antenna. Sh*t happens, especially with those damned overhanging trees, my Eclipse has had the hell beaten out of it ! I feel your pain!
Old 06-08-2012, 05:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hell you think you got it bad, got mine in black. A monh ago the door of my GFs car caught wind and smacked my rear passenger door. Small dent but still an eyesore.

Im coming to terms with the hairline scratches and my dent. I keep finding more an more damage but its fine. I just wash and hit it with some spray detailer and im done. Just try n keep it clean just dont expect it to look like it did on the showroom floor forever