Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Gauge lights issue, work, but not right...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Gauge lights issue, work, but not right...

Whats up, been a bit since i've been around here, I only put 5K miles a year on here so she doesn't get too much attention, no more mods either..

That being said, the lighting mods I do have are nothing special.... I was replacing a puddle light tonight, and soldered it in place, (I usually pull the fuse but for some reason I didn't) and had a short in my new light due to my fault, but the parking lights didn't work for a second, once I noticed the short, I fixed it quick and tried it again... all is good, except the gauge lights. If the car is off, and I hit my parking lights, the HVAC lights and all outside lights work just fine, but the gauge lights do not light... If I start the car, the gauge lights come on after a short delay, then If I turn my lights on, they dim like normal, and will dim with the dimmer...

Is that right? I don't drive it enough to remember... but I'd like to think that the gauge lights should come on with the parking lights, like the HVAC lights do...

All fuses are good, all lights work, just the gauge lights act funny.. or at least I think they do...

Check out my video...

Old 09-26-2017, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nothing wrong, the dash lighting is powered by the ignition switch so if it is not on they don't light up.